1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't forget Shanaze: yet another gold in the cycling tomorrow by our BIGGEST STAR

Discussion in 'Olympics 2008' started by nick h., Aug 19, 2008.

1. ymu

ymu Niall Ferguson's deep-cover sock-puppet

To be fair, that was only a quote in the Mail. The point I suspect is that it neutralised her main advantage - her explosive start. No excuse for making it up as you go along rather than thinking about it in advance - but I'm guessing she's never been in a field quite that well prepared before.

She's got bags of talent - it's just still very raw. But then she got to the top on her own - she competed in her first World Championship on wheels she found in a skip, ffs! Give her a bit of time to absorb the lessons from this Olympics and she should mature into one hell of an athlete.

2. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

Where did that come from?:confused:

3. ymu

BBC story, I think. Let me google.

4. Zak Bionic

Zak Bionic Miscreant

Is that eleventhour? :confused:

5. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

:confused:

maybe a skip at the back of a bike shop

remeber the Graeme Obree washing machine bike?
    turns out it was a little tiny part

6. ymu

Probably. :D

It was one of those mini-biog meet Shanaze type articles. It was said in the context of her not having lost a race in forever apart from one where she was a close second and on wheels found in a skip. It was a couple of weeks ago now - I can't find it, given the prevalence of the word "skip" on webpages and google's inability to distinguish content from trimmings.

7. mauvais

mauvais ★★☆☆☆    "humourless cunt" - Sunday Express

I think that's been embellished - it says in a few stories she bought her first BMX at ten years old for £1.

8. Jazzz

Jazzz the truth don't care Banned

She's certainly got bike skills though or she wouldn't have set the record time for the course which I think she did in the race she won... she'll be fine, she could have easily had a silver medal, she's got to be a favourite next time round... where's the issue?

9. Part 2

Part 2 bizarre wanking accident

blimey.....busted! ;)

Just when I was gonna tell em why she really rode on crap wheels in Kentucky :D

The £1 bike was hired at Crewe track, not bought.

10. twistedAM

twistedAM Left Of The Dial

was just sticking up for the wonderful Ms P and reacting a bit to the hyperbole of the OP