Donald Trump got turned down!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Scotland/Alba' started by geminisnake, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Kate Hillier

Kate Hillier Active Member

Re: Tatler.
    I am on Benefits, the lowest of the low etc but a wonderful person nonetheless in all sorts of multifarious ways.
    Tatler is good to see who is hanging out with whom in High Society. This has a political purpose.
    I found out via Tatler that Blair has a a £10m Entertainment Budget.
    If I hadn't read it I and now you would not know.
    This is an instance of doing something completely utterly daft and nonsensical and if knowledge is taken on board, then winning. Please hear me out folks as moi is an unsuaul species of person who got her mortal enemies to promote her!!

2. Kate Hillier

God help us @holyrood.
    I know reading Tatler doesn't seem to chime with people on the Forums.
    But at a base level if I am to get Gossip it may as well be A List. Fashion and beauty ditto.
    But Bystander unbeknowns to Urban 75'ers is a resource not yet realised.
    Tatler also does best Magazine gifts and now I rarely buy Magazines unless it serves.

3. Kate Hillier

If Trump was hobnobbing with the Scottish Aristocracy and was featured in Bystander then Urban 75 could know by doing this seemingly insane thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( He might be with the Park Avenue Princesses Crew though??).

4. Gingerman

Gingerman Is a great bunch of lads.....

5. pogofish

pogofish Testicle Hairstyle

Enjoy and share at will:

:)

6. pogofish

Coming-up on Sunday on BBC2, with a repeat the following Tuesday is Anthony Baxters "You've Been Trumped"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01nln7g

Well worth looking at to get an idea of the level of bullshit we have been subjected to.

7. gosub

gosub ~#

8. pogofish

gavman likes this.
  9. geminisnake

geminisnake a complex mass of conflicting ideas

Deny told me about this this morning I :D a lot. :D

10. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

Haven't followed this thread at all, has he fucked off from Scotland yet?

He's one of a very few people I'll happily use the word hate for.

gavman likes this.
  11. pogofish

I'm afraid not - He was last here a few weeks ago. :(

And here is his statement in full:

Quite barking!

12. lizzieloo

Will it make me angry? I'm trying to be calm ;)

13. geminisnake

I only read some of the 2nd last paragraph and LOLed fairly immediately so no I don't think you'll get angry. Trump is a twat!

Eh, the project is/was so successful it's stopped afaik :facepalm: Mr fish, do you know different?

14. pogofish

Trump has made various claims for the reason it stalled. First it was because of the economy (which he had previously claimed as a reason to proceed :confused: ), then it was because of the offshore windfarm plans (which were on the table before his name was even linked to the scheme) but just a few weeks back, he turned right round and claimed to have re-engaged Hawtree to design the second course and was pushing-on with that and the clubhouse. However all was "design stage" work, despite already having plans approved and none of it is particularly tangible.

Personally, I think Trump was just filling-up his pram just to throw it all out again the next time the windfarm scheme comes to the top of the agenda - which will be quite soon and the enquiry into that has pretty much thrown out his representations:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/msps-dismiss-donald-trumps-wind-1452464

And yes, a look over his booking site suggests the course is idle a lot of the time and that there are few pre-bookings for when it reopens in the spring. Certainly there has been nowhere near the number he needs to meet even the most modest of his stated economic objectives.

And as for his claims of a "tourist boom" for Aberdeen as a result of his course. This is completely at odds with the council/Visit Scotland figures for the same period - Which have recorded a slight drop in tourism to the area.

gavman likes this.
  15. gosub

gosub ~#

tbf whole of Scotland was down, jubolympics innit

16. pogofish

Not if you choose to believe the frequent, loud and unquestioned posturings of Trump and his cronies/apologists.

Don't look for any sense in this - Trump just seems to spout "facts" at random, with no care that they match-up to anything real or contradict anything he has said before.

eg - He has also claimed that Menie is on the West Coast and still manages to mispronounce it as "Meeanie" despite his supposedly intimate involvement with the scheme!

17. gosub

gosub ~#

If Obama had any balls he'd have done him for sedition, 10 years in clink would have learned the fucker

18. lizzieloo

Even his name means fart.

Do folk *trump* in the US?

19. pogofish

20. gosub

gosub ~#

lizzieloo likes this.
  21. pogofish

No you didn't ! Check how long this this thread has been going for. :p

22. gosub

gosub ~#

I meant the sugar twitter bit. Tapatalking on the Dublin aircoach cant do thread link

Yes, I did:p

23. pogofish

Nope - the windfarm thing which this spat is all about is already ongoing here. :p

24. geminisnake

Sugar has just gone up a teensy bit in my estimation. He is right, we don't want Trump :)

gavman likes this.
  25. pogofish

26. pogofish

The course under construction has finally appeared on Bing maps:

http://binged.it/YUn6b9

By swapping between the Aerial and Birds Eye views, you can get a before and after idea of the amount of damage done by the construction - Particularly on the former SSSI at the north of the site, which has been more or less obliterated. Also a host of features that were not on the planning permission, notably the earth bunds and conifer planting beside the estate cottages and properties belonging to those who refused to sell. This, according to Trump was all supposed to have been removed last year - Nope! :mad:

Also an article here that discusses the lack of environmental supervision for the whole scheme - which again was a critical part of the planning approval and a few interesting snippets, notably that TGLS seems to have resorted to spraying their dying greens with green dye!

http://aberdeenvoice.com/2013/02/the-menie-estate-from-sssis-to-bluegrass-country/

Meanwhile, David Milne has been negotiating with the Public Petitions Committee over his attempts to get an inquiry launched into the mishandling of the planning for the entire scheme.

The petition has passed the number where it was agreed that it would go before the committee but more signatures will help:

http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/public-inquiry-into-handling-of-the-trump-resort

Another article on this here:

http://aberdeenvoice.com/2013/02/david-milne-launches-menie-estate-inquiry-petition/

Note the pic of rock walling being built - This again was something expressly forbidden in Swinney's Determination on the scheme.

Lastly, something that may or may not have bearing on the local paper's incredibly biased and selective reporting on the scheme. Sarah Malone, Trump's public face for the resort has just married one Damien Bates - Who just happens to be the Editor of the Aberdeen Press and Journal.

http://aberdeenvoice.com/2013/02/trump-exec-vp-weds-journals-ed-joining-the-dots/

This is an "interest" that neither party had publically declared before!

equationgirl likes this.
  27. pogofish

Two images of the proposed hotel have now emerged:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Which is a very far cry in both size and design from the one approved in the masterplan and inspired by the design of Menie House, which has long been regarded as about the most dismal and uninteresting examples of "historic" architecture in this area.

In fact its such a deviation, I'm still not convinced its anything more than another stick to try and beat the windfarm scheme with. Most of the budget hotels/motels opened here in the last five years show more design flair than this!

28. pogofish

More major planning fuckwittery - With less than a week to go before its "hearing", a retrospective application has been altered to change the status of the bunds (bloody great mounds of earth) constructed to block the site from residents properties, from "temporary storage of materials" to permanent landscape features:

http://aberdeenvoice.com/2013/03/abundance-of-trouble-trump-application-changed-and-rushed/

Looks like Trump is trying to make his harrassment of local residents a permanent feature! :mad:

29. pogofish

lizzieloo, geminisnake and Badgers like this.
  30. geminisnake

The man wouldn't know integrity if it smacked him between the eyes!

lizzieloo and pogofish like this.