Does anyone watch Emmerdale?

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Epona, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Just because I couldn't find a recent thread about it already.

Tonight's offering was a bit :eek: :(

2. Minnie_the_Minx

Minnie_the_Minx someinenhhanding menbag and me ah bollox

More men than women watch it

3. Pip

Pip Well-Known Member

Watched it tonight under duress. Bizarre.

4. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

Is Amos still in it?

skyscraper101 likes this.
  5. It's actually better than Eastenders and Corrie at the moment, which isn't saying much!

6. A Dashing Blade

A Dashing Blade Takes horses to water but can't make donkeys drink

To blokes of a certain age, anything with Amanda Donohoe in it is a must watch!

[​IMG]

7. Espresso

Espresso Well-Known Member

She's not in it any more though. She's in clink for murdering her bigamous husband. Which she and her arse of a son tried to pin on the huband's proper wife and firstborn; who nearly had an incestuous relationship with the half sister he didn't know he had.
    Gentle tales of simple country folk. :D

Last night's episodes were a masterclass in how to act as a completely and utterly terrifying menace and how to be frozen with fear and torment.

8. madzone

madzone Physically unfavourable

I didn't see it because I was out but my youngest is quite disturbed by it. It's fucking emmerdale ffs, do we have to have stories about rape and shit in that as well?

9. To be fair, the rape was implied, we didn't see anything, if it had been EastEnders we would have got the whole gory detail. :(

10. madzone

It still freaked him out. What's the point of the fucking watershed lately? There's hardly anything you can sit and watch as a family these days.

11. It's on a bit early, yes, so is EastEnders.

12. rubbershoes

rubbershoes not the only raver in the village

isn't emmerdale just for pensioners?

13. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

No its tedious viewing, like Eastenders and Hollyoaks.

Coronation Street has more lols per minute.

14. rubbershoes

rubbershoes not the only raver in the village

i saw it once and thought it was a spoof episode for comic relief. but i was wrong

15. stavros

stavros Well-Known Member

I thought only Harry Hill watched Emmerdale.

16. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

Ah fuck off then the lot of you. Tis the best soap on telly.

17. waylon

waylon The Wankin Lodger

It is. And is Will still in it? The poshboy, that's his name isn't it? When he got latered out with naught but the clothes he was stood up in, I was looking foreward to storylines involving the knees of his trousers becoming more & more threadbare as he's forced to supplement his protein intake by administering BJ's for the price of a bag of chips & ten sterling superkings.

18. The first time I saw it, I thought it was some kind of pantomime! It has improved dramatically since then, to be fair.

19. Espresso

The only Will in it now is a titichy little kid of about 9. So I suppose that's not who you mean
    Or at least I hope not. :eek:

20. madzone

Whose house is that policeman about to torch?

21. With a bit of luck Andy's!!

22. Espresso

I dunno, they were that busy fannying about not showing us who teh arsonist was until the very last gasp, that it was hard to see where he was. I suppose it'll be Katie's house, seeing as she had just spurned him and all, and that he's hoping to frame Andy for it.

23. vauxhallmum

vauxhallmum had to scrap the cheap car

In 45 years I have never even watched one single episode- infact I have never watched past the opening credits :)
    I'm proud of this because my Archers addiction is enough of a lifetime committment to soap opera world :oops:

24. aqua

aqua made of cheese and gin

this

25. Betty and Andy are still alive :( Grrr!! :mad:

26. audiotech

audiotech wav, aiff, mp3, ogg, flac

Mr Wilks still in it?

27. DogorKat?

DogorKat? /w00t

Alan Turner is the only one left from the Emmerdale Farm days

28. iona

iona toxic clown

What happened with whatsherface who was on smack? I only started watching it because of that storyline.

29. Consistently outperforming both Corrie and Enders at the moment (altho outdoing the latter would not be hard at the mo ) :(

30. Ok so I am talking to myself here, but surely someone should have noticed that Rhona has given birth to a plastic doll?????