Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Watermelon Man, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Got any pics?

2. 8ball

8ball Considerably more oppressed than yow

Some say these are an evolutionary features deriving from aeons of sexual selection.

Ie. women selecting tribal leaders by choosing the worst hunter.

3. bimble

bimble noisy but small

i just watched a very NSFW video from Peta proving that 'vegans last longer'. So it must be true.

Spymaster and ElizabethofYork like this.
  4. 8ball

:D

5. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

when they test the draw strength of longbows they string it then hang this weight-scale on it to test it. Thats what they should use when testing the rigidity of hardons. Bet vegans have a 160 pound draw, minimum

6. 8ball

Scientists paid by Big Meat.

The sight of the vegans with their mighty Swords of Justice has got them rattled.

bimble likes this.
  7. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Is it more masculine for women too?

Other than that, keep the unevidenced assertions coming. Everyone knows fact-free posts give better erections :D

8. stethoscope

stethoscope Well-Known Member

I would have thought meatards would have stronger ones.

I'll get my coat.

Spymaster likes this.
  9. 8ball

It's whatever you want it to be.

mojo pixy likes this.
  10. ElizabethofYork

ElizabethofYork Witchsmeller Pursuivant

Do you mean *some* meat eaters?

11. DotCommunist

DotCommunist slowtime

not pork swords, spam javelins or mutton muskets tho

12. 8ball

Looking for another grey area, eh? :hmm:

ElizabethofYork likes this.
  13. 8ball

Proud members of finest oak, with the girth of butternut squash.

14. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I'm not convinced, tbh. This needs putting to the test.

ddraigo, get your cock out.

15. xenon

xenon Radical efficiencies

:facepalm:
    :D
    You ever eat mushrooms

mojo pixy likes this.
  16. 8ball

Let’s keep an open mind, though. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence that one of our most vociferous herbivores has an acorn as an avatar.

Spymaster likes this.
  17. PaoloSanchez

PaoloSanchez Well-Known Member

I've posted several Joey interviews already. I think his activism is brilliant.
    I also have a lot of respect for Earthling Ed...
    There's lots of good people about, I've also been keeping my eye on the activism of DrumAndBassVeganFace and BananaWarriorPrincess.

With regards to being "more effective", well I'm not going to knock any of the activists putting themselves out for the cause. As far as I'm concerned they're all fkin heroes. Some might be better communicators than others, some a bit loud and passionate some softer and gentler, but as long as they're sincere they have my full support.

Watermelon Man likes this.
  18. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

please stop this, i have said that i am ignoring this shitstorm of a thread and don't appreciate being tagged in this way

19. 8ball

Didn't know you got tag alerts when ignoring thread.

20. PaoloSanchez

Dude, you're better off either completely blanking those shit stirring cunts or fighting fire with fire. Complaining isn't really going to cut it when they're purposely out to goad and provoke trying to wind you up. Play them on your own terms. Just saying.

21. 8ball

Yeah, those fragile carnists will cave first.

Can't be more than a few Johnny CabbageWarrior posts away from getting some converts...

22. PaoloSanchez

...I forgot to mention that other decent Aussie bloke James Aspey...

tbh, I don't really like his voice that much but he's an awesome activist.

23. Watermelon Man

Watermelon Man Active Member

Cool story about T. Colin Campbell. Not 100% sure about him being judge and jury as to whether people are vegan or plant based. Does he carry vegan/plant based badges for people to wear after he's classified them? I like him though, I've met him once at a vegfest and he was a cool guy.

24. PaoloSanchez

Wait...what? Judge and jury? That's not the message that I got from what he said there. I agree with him that being vegan is more than just eating the food. Mileage may vary. Some people just want to concentrate on their health or just on the food, that's up to them. He's not forcing anybody to acknowledge animal welfare if they don't want to, just sharing information that others may not be aware of.

25. Watermelon Man

Watermelon Man Active Member

Was chatting about this to a fellow vegan the other day. He was quite dismissive about emo vegans. I laughed and said, there's room for everyone. If they are trying to make a difference then good on them. Earthling Ed is pretty sharp - he's sussed out that the media are trying to portray vegans in a certain light - to attempt to get vegans to take on that sort of behaviour. Also that non vegans will think "all vegans are like that" (negative stereotype).. and of course drive a divide between us all. This is quite hilarious and I can certainly relate to this in my earlier stages of veganism. But Ed seems one step ahead of all of that. I'll check out the other people.

I do believe that it's more likely that subtle less in your face activism is a lot more effective. I think that studies have shown this to be the case - but I'm taking another's word for it - so treading carefully with that statement.

26. 8ball

By “emo vegan” are we talking the Ian MacKaye/Minor Threat/Straight Edge thing, or is this something newer?

Ian MacKaye - Wikipedia

27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm beginning to think that this thread has run its course.

planetgeli and ddraig like this.
  28. PaoloSanchez

I have no idea what an "emo vegan" is or whether I should be dismissing them, lol. :p

It's quite hard to get the balance right between passion/integrity and getting the communication right. I believe it very much depends on the setting. Stuff that may work out in the street, probably won't work the same way on TV, or in a written format. It also depends on the audience too. There are a number of variables to take into account. The bottom line for me is that if you are sincere in your belief you'll eventually find the right levels to match the circumstances with experience. Joey is a good example of this. He's still learning but has come a long way from his early days and is doing good stuff in the media. Passionate but polite, even when provoked or faced with some pretty dumb folks/interviewers.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Spymaster is banned from this thread for a week after several people complained about the personal abuse. I'm not monitoring this thread but will ban others who continue to post up similarly abusive content.

30. 8ball

Just as a bit of guidance in this regard, was this down to @Spymaster’s request for photographic evidence when presented with the vegans’ claim about their magnificent erections?