1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do angry vegans turn you against going vegan?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by Watermelon Man, Jul 10, 2017.

1. mr steev

mr steev unkempt clacker

[​IMG]

ddraig likes this.
  2. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

Didn't realise it was a vegan essential that humans are not "meant" to eat meat, thought that was just a woo-vegan thing (I found some anti-woo vegans on tinternet, so I know they exist).

muscovyduck and NoXion like this.
  3. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

I haven't had a fight in months and now my canine teeth are 8 inches long. :(

NoXion likes this.
  4. NoXion

NoXion Eat leaden death, demon...

Good thing I listed more than one trait eh?

5. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Did I say that? No
    I meant the teeth argument/gotcha

6. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

I meant whatever the “bingo card” is. I guess you might have been just saying it’s something that comes up all the time, bit I thought you were trying to state the opposite, or at least that it is not “natural” to be eating meat.

The hippo argument is bunk if it is saying that canines are a totally invalid trait to quote because hippos use their canines for fighting.

But on the subject of woo, I think it must be frustrating for a lot of vegans that there is so much of it when vegans have some arguments that are very solid on multiple fronts.

7. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

8. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

Having a bingo card is much less effort than engaging with people.

9. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

it just illustrates the boring and trite "arguments" brought up over and over

10. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

B for Brambles

Ralph Llama likes this.
  11. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

It's a fair point. On the other hand, it means you're speaking to someone who hasn't thought much about the matter, which is a good opportunity to bring out the good arguments.

muscovyduck likes this.
  12. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

Wicked I met a fair few people from the states who said that co-ops are really good there because
    Edit
    Is it the same in Canada ?
    Edit
    Error 303 .. my brain does not work today

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  13. bellaozzydog

bellaozzydog Well-Known Member

I find any sort of prosthelytism directed at me is a combat indicator that the perpetrator

1. Doesn't know me at all
    2. Is unable to read fairly straightforward negative body language:D
    3. Shortly going to become upset at the direction of the conversation

Lecturing anyone on anything is a fairly unattractive human behaviour, hectoring someone or calling their lifestyle out is just rude

muscovyduck and Miss-Shelf like this.
  14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

15. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

NoXion likes this.
  16. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

What does that mean? Vegan restaurants operate all over in the country and not just in namby-pampy posh boroughs (if that is what you're suggesting).

17. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

Great. Let's see a *pub* in Barking go 100% vegan, then.

18. PaoloSanchez

PaoloSanchez Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem engaging with genuine folks with genuine curiosity asking intelligent questions.
    Disingenuous pisstake trolls are not people, and attempting to engage with can be a bit of a waste of valuable oxygen. Ain't nobody got time for that.

The frequently recycled tired old arguments have been done many times over in this thread and elsewhere on the interwebs. Anybody that is really interested and has a reasonable level of intelligence can easily do the necessary basic research. Can't be bothered with the same old lame old "canines tho" type arguments.

19. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I'm still not getting your point. What is so special about Barking? I can't see why a decent enough pub serving fantastic vegan food would somehow be doomed to failure just because it's in Barking.

20. UnderAnOpenSky

UnderAnOpenSky baseline neural therapy

If your ever Glossop way you should go to Globe. Brew their own beer (sub £2.50 a pint in some cases) and cheap and simple food. You see variously old boys in there I suspect, not because of what they serve, but simply it's dam good value.

The Globe Glossop

The-Globe-Menu-v2.jpg

8ball, Yossarian and Ralph Llama like this.
  21. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

e2a to Ed's post
    cos it's in the "real world" with "normal people" seeeeee, gotcha!

22. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

Cool, let’s see one, then.

23. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You still haven't explained why Barking is so special and its particular relevance to a discussion about veganism.

24. beesonthewhatnow

beesonthewhatnow going deaf for a living

From the wasting bandwidth thread :D

E0C8C8E8-7669-47F6-80D1-7217D2BC1773.jpeg

Opera Buffa, kabbes, sealion and 5 others like this.
  25. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

Quite a few of those are perfectly valid, tbf.

muscovyduck likes this.
  26. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama Fuck the system.

Indeed. What about the poor cows eh? And the plants ? Didnt think of that did you? Editor- His point is about class.

27. PaoloSanchez

PaoloSanchez Well-Known Member

I suspect it's another yet another lazy regurgitation of the old "white middle class privilege" chestnut that some of the critics trot out when they're low on justifications.

Please don't forget that veganism hasn't always been a white, middle class thing | Metro News

upload_2018-1-15_21-12-9.png

28. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

That really is good value (assuming its any good obv).

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

30. 8ball

8ball I am Spasticus

campanula and NoXion like this.