Division Four 2018-19

Discussion in 'football' started by JimW, Jul 16, 2018.

1. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Notts much improved since January window but we still shouldn't be losing to them at home if we have pretensions to promotion. Arse.

2. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Ended our run of losses today with a 2 nil win over Stevenage who ended up with 2 players being sent off. Norwood is back scoring goals but I don't know how he scored from that angle on the goal line.

3. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Back to back defeats after what was apparently one of our worst showings of the season away at Swindon, and local so one of our best away followings to suffer it. See if we can hang in around the play-offs, I've warmed to Cooper but he doesn't seem to react well when things stop going to plan.

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Pleased it's not just us victims of Notts' revival. Seven points of us, Lincoln and Mansfield is pretty tidy and survival looks on. We're home to Yeovil today who've had a terrible run, really need to be winning this after our mini slump. Nil nil as it stands.

5. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

So one of my colleagues is in hospital and I've been exchanging a few texts with him. He's a Mansfield fan, and after grimsby's 3 or 4 níl thrashing of Notts County a few weeks back I thought County would be this season's whipping boys, which I thought was supported by their having let in more than 60 goals. I passed on my view that county would roll over, which met with cautious agreement. So I'm chastened to see that Mansfield lost 1-0 and I'm just glad I didn't do as I meant and chuck a fiver on the game

6. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Recruited well in January the fuckers; they had a decent squad on paper to begin with and a big budget but somehow managed to freefall through two managers. We've just gone two up in other news.

Pickman's model likes this.
  7. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Good shift there, Yeovil on a shocking run but still had to do the work.

8. belboid

belboid TUC Off Your Knees

We seemed to have signed someone outside of the transfer window. Not sure how that's possible, but I think he looks like he can play a bit

52664532_10211432882932746_2118437531501461504_n.jpg

9. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Lost by a fairly dodgy sounding goal at Mansfield though they were the better side by the sounds of it. Still in the play-off places but having a bit of a wobble. Not too far off it though.

10. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Bloody hell, Notts County really made a game of it today but Connor's goal made the difference and keeps us rolling on.

11. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Norwood on fire with a 1-0 away win at Exeter. Keeps us rolling on waiting for the top teams to start dropping points.

12. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Big win at Forest Green today.

Again.:p

13. belboid

I’m perfectly happy with 6th. Already planning for the Wembley trip v FGR.

14. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

And well worth it by the sounds of it. Cooper can't even scrape a point against the Cowleys :D We're seeming even more disjointed as we get to the business end, still got a reasonable chance of the play-offs but wouldn't be too surprised if we drift away. I'd have snapped you hand off for comfortable mid-table at the start of the season but that would be a disappointment now.

15. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

Another 1-0 win against Crewe with Norwood scoring again. The first half was frustrating as Crewe were just to quick in closing our players down. Norwood is now the leading career goalscorer for Tranmere having overtaken Ronnie Moore's record.

16. belboid

:confused:

i think Iain Muir and Bunny Bell might have something to say about that.

17. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Dicked three nil at Morecambe in a pathetic display, hit relegation form at just the right time!

18. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

You know what I thought it was strange when I saw it flash up on the scoreboard after his goal. A quick check of Wiki does indeed bear out that Norwood is third top scorer, replacing Ronnie Moore.

19. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Back to winning ways in a bit of a surprise away to Colchester. See Tranmere not letting up either!

20. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Starry Wisdom

Bastard tranmere :mad:

Lazy Llama likes this.
  21. belboid

That’s what we’re here for.

Pickman's model and Lazy Llama like this.
  22. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Good results for us last night. A home win with Mansfield drawing and MK losing so now five points clear and ten ahead of fourth. We've got some hard games coming up now though so I'd expect us to drop a fair few points - on the other hand no-one else looks strong enough to go on a winning streak from here to the end of the season. Fingers crossed...

23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Managed a point at home to Carlisle; they belied their recent poor form by having most of the play and about four times as many shots but they're short a striker and Ward had a good game in goal for us. Still in the play-offs, just.

24. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Our flaky commentary service meant I only heard last twenty minutes of a very handy win against an improving vale. Apparently they bossed the bits I missed then cooper made good subs and changed the game and we ran out two nil winners. Still in the play-off hunt, helped by Carlisle slipping up and Tranmere continuing to go like a train so beating Colchester. We had that James Norwood once you know :D

25. Lazy Llama

Lazy Llama Suburban robots that monitor reality

Grimsby and their captain, John Welsh, parted ways last week by mutual agreement. He hadn’t featured much in the Town team due to injury.

I’d imagine that would be because this was about to come to court.

Ex-Grimsby Town captain John Welsh attacked woman on night out

All before he signed for Grimsby, but had he told them or was he hoping it wouldn’t come to court?

26. belboid

Our next three games look great. But, after that, we've got the Dons, FGR, Lincoln, and Bury. Which is exciting, I suppose.

27. hipipol

hipipol Peckham Wry

Veg powered cider and mushies loons Forest Green doing ace....Nailsworth hammering Cheltenham, fuckin ace......

28. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Not so ace today, second best most of the game against MK, went behind deservedly but from a silly mistake, then back in it and a decent spell but got the subs wrong and they kept pressing and got a late winner. Still in play-offs by skin of our teeth. Big win for Notts County out of blue, still tight at the bottom (oo-er) and no bounce for Yeovil after finally dumping Way.

29. quiet guy

quiet guy Bimbling along

After a brilliant run of games the wheels came off the bus on Tuesday at Oldham. Most of the team looked out of sorts and couldn't deal with the Latics quick passing and closing down of any of our moves.
    Roll on Saturday for my first visit to Rodney Parade.

30. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Huge away win at MK. 11 points clear with five left - I think we're going to do it.:cool::hmm:

Lazy Llama likes this.