Div 4/EFL2 2019/20

Discussion in 'football' started by orient slacker, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rather late getting this going for the season, and clearly nobody else is arsed about the basement division this year either.

But we’re relieved to be back so quickly after just a couple of season’s in the National League. Not that we’ve been setting the world alight: 9 points from 9 games tells its own story. Yet there’s only 1 relegation place this season after Bury’s demise, and although some Orient players are struggling with the step up - plus an internally appointed rookie manager following the tragic death of Justin Edinburgh in the summer - we should have enough about us to consolidate this year.

The better sides and hopeless hoofers are already becoming apparent, and here’s the latest odds for winning the League: League 2 Winner Betting Odds | Football

2. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Saw some of those fancy new stat analyses that had us rock bottom on expected goals when we were lying third. We do seem to be attempting to bore the other lot into submission in a lot of games knocking it about in front of them and at this level possession football tends to mean holding on to the ball until you make a real howler, which we have but still looking OK defensively
    We're even younger than last season and short a genuine replacement for Reece Brown but got a couple of quality loanees in and every chance we might come together and challenge (every chance we might fizzle out and fade).
    No obvious champs for me yet, Swindon going well then tonked last night. Exeter not really seen, hear more about Cheltenham due to shared media and they have got one of the better young managers in Duff which is half their success it seems.

3. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Any reason why your team are even money to beat Stevenage JimW ? 5th v bottom, nothing in recent form to suggest an upset. Odds seem a bit generous.

4. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

We don't score, I expect. Only seven so far IIRC.

5. BCBlues

It's still going in my accy :thumbs:
    (Sunderland, N Forest, MKDons, F Green and the Baggies on Sunday @ 12/1 )

6. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

We ought to get better, young team settling in together, and two quality loanees have both added a bit of forward momentum, especially young forward Aitchison from Celtic who looks a cut above this level and has got two in three already. On the other hand Stevenage didn't seem quite as bad as their results so far would suggest reading a general forum on previous games. Can't remember if they've found a new manager yet.

7. BCBlues

I dont think they have. That was one of the first things I looked for. From what I can gather Sampson is still caretaker boss but he still seems to have a few problems of his own never mind managing the team that's propping the league up.

8. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

After a really dire showing against Stevenage finally got our shooting boots on and put Salford to the sword, excellent all round performance and yet another clean sheet. Point off the top and still more to come from these lads i think. Ebou Adams was our stand-out today, did everything you want from a midfielder including score. other results helped with Exeter oddly losing and Chelts and Crewe sharing the points.

9. Ebou Adams impressed with Orient 2 seasons back playing as a defensive midfielder who could drive the team on, but then bizarrely chose Ebbsfleet over us last season. We've missed someone like that ever since.

Os continue to concern. 3-3 against Vale today, but we're struggling to find our rhythm so far this season, look dodgy at the back, and too many of last season's heroes aren't cutting it with the step up.

Interim gaffer Ross Embleton - who reluctantly stepped up when Justin Edinburgh died in the summer - announced he wanted to step down in the week, but remains in charge until we find a new boss.

JimW likes this.
  10. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Was reading rumours you might pay cambridge compensation to get Calderwood. Seems an odd one.

11. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Top of the league (since all the other contenders drew with each other). Another decent showing against Crawley, they're expected mid-table but decent going forward. From what I got to see we kept things under control mostly bar a slack moment for their consolation though their lad did have one excellent volleyed effort our keeper did well to push over.

12. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Deservedly beat in our top of the table game away at Exeter. They came out the blocks like a train and we panicked a bit and gave them help they didn't need with some defensive errors, though their goal was good work. Improved second half and they slowed down but still better to second ball. Forced a save or two but would have been lucky to nick the draw. Definitely more play off contenders than champion material, but that's fine by me, attitude and effort was right and think these lads will continue to improve.