Disruption at Book Fairs

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by PeterTCA, Dec 2, 2018.

1. ViolentPanda

ViolentPanda Hardly getting over it.

Soft git.

2. ViolentPanda

No smoking and no alcohol are easy "black and white" issues to police. "No transphobes" is always going to be a matter of opinion that will vary with the ideology of the person policing the rule. Too easily abused, too.

Nigel likes this.
  3. ViolentPanda

No.
    What does the above have to do with my point that Pink News is lesbophobic?

I thought you were better than putting words in other peoples' mouths. Seems I was wrong.

4. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

the thing about these sorts of words is what they convey to the purgees or, as i might say, the people awaiting recalibration. you don't want to spook them before it's necessary: and talk of a purge would put their backs up.

5. smokedout

smokedout criminal

Are the lesbians who write for Pink News lesbophobic?

6. Pickman's model

Pickman's model Every man and every woman is a star

perhaps self-hating :(

7. smokedout

smokedout criminal

Surely self hating lesbians turn into trans men :confused:

Pickman's model likes this.
  8. ViolentPanda

Who knows? Of course, as a sometime journo yourself, you should be aware that most publications expect their reporters to follow an editorial line, and Ben Cohen has certainly proven to be lesbophobic.

Nigel likes this.
  9. smokedout

smokedout criminal

No, Pink News has opposed a very small sect of lesbians who oppose trans rights. It's no accident that after the anti-trans incursion at London Pride, trans people and lesbians marched together at the front of Pride marches all over the world. The anti-trans faction have loud voices and Murdoch to back them up (for now) but from what I can see with the huge outpouring of support for trans people from lesbian and gay people after the Pride debacle, they do not represent mainstream lesbian or LGBT opinion. It may be your opinion, but Pink News isn't written for you.

Pickman's model, likesfish and nyxx like this.
  10. ViolentPanda

Isn't it?

11. smokedout

smokedout criminal

Not if you think they shouldn't support trans people no. It's an LGBT publication.

Pickman's model and likesfish like this.
  12. ViolentPanda

You're putting words in my mouth. Again.

That is asymmetrically about Gay and Trans issues.

Nigel likes this.
  13. mojo pixy

mojo pixy unquantifiable hazards

Women are expected to give up working so as to parent, men are expected to give up parenting so as to work. Which is worse is endlessly debatable isn't it.

Of course for a lot of unemployed, separated men this may mean no parenting AND no work. Not a recipe for any kind of health or happiness.

14. smokedout

smokedout criminal

And yet a brief scan of theitr current pages shows just one story about trans issues, a few about lesbians and many more about things which affect lesbian and gay, and LGBT people equally.

15. Rob Ray

Rob Ray Irony is well sad

Fucking hell drop in briefly to find Panda insinuating that Pink News is lesbophobic because it's got a pro-trans stance, wtf is even happening on this thread any more. Bonkers.