Disgust food you will never eat

Discussion in 'suburban75' started by Thimble Queen, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Thimble Queen

Thimble Queen Sparkly cat whisperer

I was brought up to respect food and be respectful towards what others eat even if it doesn't look appetising to me.

However, I draw the line at this shit. I will never eat raw pork aka mett. No thank you.

What will never pass your lips?

IMG-20180331-WA0001.jpg

Schmetterling and Voley like this.
  2. skyscraper101

skyscraper101 0891 50 50 50

Foie Gras. Tastes as disgusting as the idea behind what makes it. Just no.

Also Durian fruit. Ugh... never again. Took hours to get the taste out of my mouth.

PeterFuckingPan and Badgers like this.
  3. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Offal, most game, egg white, beetroot.

I will eat just about everything else.

Badgers and clicker like this.
  4. twentythreedom

twentythreedom Patterdale Terrorist

5. keithy

keithy or queefy

Identifiable offally bits. Mashed up is fine.

6. Lupa

Lupa A loving heart is the truest wisdom

Crustaceans and molluscs.
    The thought of the texture is enough to make me hurl.
    I'm not a fussy eater but I just can't eat most seafood. Don't even know why...I have tried...it just makes me want to throw up.
    Raw meat of any kind.
    Egg white that's still runny and snottyish. Although Ive no problem with a raw beaten egg in egg nog.
    Gristle.....bleurgh.
    That's about it.

Pickman's model and Badgers like this.
  7. trabuquera

trabuquera Modesty Bag

Tongue (only the dead kind, though).

sealion and Badgers like this.
  8. farmerbarleymow

farmerbarleymow Sweetcorn, Seagulls and Wasps are Brilliant!

I've never heard of that. The dirty bastards. :vom:

That's a serious health risk. :(

I'll eat pretty much anything. Apart from olives and capers - aka Satan's haemorrhoids.

9. Epona

Epona I am Hououin Kyouma

I just have to flat out turn down anything involving raw meat or fish (steak tartare, some sushi dishes etc.) just the thought turns my stomach.

I cannot eat peanuts due to an allergy.

Other than that, pretty much anything is ok - I mean there are a few things I'm not so keen on (apricots, it's a texture thing), but I'd still eat those ok if they were served to me.

Badgers likes this.
  10. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

As a kid, I used to eat raw sausage meat. So mett would be a step up for me :)

11. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I've always been pretty adventurous and usually will try anything once so you have to get pretty funky to upset me with food. There are a few things I'm not too keen on; brains, chicken feet, uncooked egg white, and most food if it's badly cooked or prepped, but very little that actually disgusts me.

Having said that I'd draw the line at balut which is a popular snack in parts of China and the Philippines and is a fertilised duck or chicken egg which is steamed or boiled and the contents eaten from the shell:

[​IMG]

I just don't think I could get that hungry.

Mation, Yossarian, toblerone3 and 8 others like this.
  12. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

That's certainly challenging.

13. Thimble Queen

Spymaster that looks pretty terrifying tbh.

trabuquera I actually really like Ox Tongue. Esp in a crusty bap with English mustard and cucumber :cool:

fishfinger how did you not get badly ill? When I was 12 I got food poisoning from eating sausages round a friends :mad: that weren't properly cooked and it was really grim.

14. danny la rouge

danny la rouge Warning: posts may cause vasovagal presyncope

15. Thimble Queen

Does that mean you'd eat the stalks, seeds or powder? :hmm:

16. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

Whilst I share your moral qualms about the way some foie gras is produced, I can't agree that it tastes disgusting - it's amazing.

17. Athos

Athos Well-Known Member

I'm in Slovenia. Last night we were served raw venison. It was delicious. Though I didn't tell the kids what it was until they'd tried it!

Spymaster likes this.
  18. danny la rouge

I said that to distinguish from the seeds. The spice - i.e. the seeds - are safe to eat, but the herb, what Americans call cilantro, is poisonous.

purenarcotic and Celyn like this.
  19. Thimble Queen

Are you one of the ppl it tastes like soap for?

20. danny la rouge

Yes, humans.

21. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I met another fella who reminded me of you recently. He says it tastes of petrol and chemicals and was really quite forceful about it.

22. danny la rouge

It does! I've read the studies that say soap, but for me it's diesel. That diesel smell? Well imagine it as a taste.

23. krtek a houby

krtek a houby how's it going to end?

24. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I kind of get where you're coming from but don't find that an unpleasant taste. I used to love it but can't eat too much of it now. A hint is enough. Mrs Spy tends to overdo the coriander a bit.

Pickman's model likes this.
  25. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

I love tongue too. Not cheap though :(

As for not getting ill from regularly eating raw mechanically recovered lips'n'arseholes, I must have been lucky.

26. Thimble Queen

More Mett. In the shape of a hedgehog. This is consider party food to serve to your loved ones at a celebration. No.

5a4f543538422efd6f85b9413b84cf21--german-recipes-swiss-recipes.jpg

maomao, sealion, purenarcotic and 6 others like this.
  27. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

I don't mind mett at all. The first time I tried it was in Holland and I thought it was paté, which it kind of is and it was flavoured with salt and fennel/aniseed. Not at all unpleasant.

Badgers likes this.
  28. Thimble Queen

My Dad used to sell it in his shop when I was a kid. He had one of those powered meat slicers that you get in an old school deli. It was proper fit. You can get slices of ox tongue for not too much money here... it's normally mixed with some kind of rotwurst (blood sausage) though and then it's not quite so nice but still pretty edible.

fishfinger likes this.
  29. Thimble Queen

I find the idea of it horrifying... Not just that it's raw pork but the terrible shapes they put it in :eek:

Mation, farmerbarleymow and Spymaster like this.
  30. Thimble Queen

Where do you stand on haggis?