1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Didn’t go to private school?

Discussion in 'UK politics, current affairs and news' started by MadeInBedlam, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Or a hippo.

2. lizzieloo

lizzieloo Numpty extraordinaire

You do need swimming pool

crossthebreeze and PippinTook like this.
  3. DotCommunist

DotCommunist my world is fire and blood

something foul no doubt

4. PippinTook

PippinTook Well-Known Member

Ah yeah... that... hmmm

lizzieloo likes this.
  5. kebabking

kebabking Unfettered ambition

Running with the Beagles.

Like hunting, but for council people.

6. There was a beagle on the bed I was born on. How posh does that make me?

kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  7. kebabking

Depends on whether it was on your bed, or you were on its bed...

8. It was my mum’s bed, before the evening started I of course had no bed as I did not exist. And the dog had no bed of her own cos we weren’t posh enough. And she preferred a human bed, hence why the intransigent fucker refused to move during the birthing event. And I’m told she did help with the clean up *bork*

marty21, Almor, equationgirl and 10 others like this.
  9. dessiato

dessiato Maholo e ke akua no kei la

It's rather fun to watch. You can rent ponies. You get a handicap and play in a team where the handicap is balanced so you get weaker players with stronger ones. You don't need to be rich. I even know of a postman who plays.

10. kebabking

I fear that that last little detail does detract somewhat from the idilic scene of the hound snoring and farting while all around it is excitement and frenetic panic...

Actually, it's fucking hoaching.

11. kebabking

My university has/had a polo club. They went to much posher pubs than the climbing club did.

equationgirl and dessiato like this.
  12. At least the beagle wasn’t smoking around the newborn, the mother and midwife were. Ah, the 70’s...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    marty21, Almor, equationgirl and 4 others like this.
  13. crossthebreeze

crossthebreeze Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia its "the hunting mainly of hares, but also rabbits, but definitely not foxes by beagles by scent"
    and "In the UK and Ireland, the traditional quarry of beagle packs has been the hare. The [Hunting] Act bans the hunting of most wild mammals (including hares) with certain exemptions, which include the retrieval of hares that have been shot." "Following the 2004 Hunting Act, packs of beagles, bassets and harriers have switched to hunting artificial (rabbit or hare scent) pre-laid trails, hunting rabbits, flushing hares to guns or birds of prey or retrieval of injured hares following hare shoots (the latter three are legal under exemptions within the Act)."

kebabking and Bahnhof Strasse like this.
  14. Sue

Sue Well-Known Member

There's a swanky bar/restaurant near where I work called The Ned. No one at work gets why it makes me laugh, apart from one colleague who's from West Lothian.

15. twentythreedom

twentythreedom don't wanna get me vex, don't step on my creps

You people need to check your PFWC privilege tbf

Public school fucks you up :(

Ralph Llama likes this.
  16. butchersapron

butchersapron blood on the walls

Yes you are

Almor, seventh bullet and Fez909 like this.
  17. sheothebudworths

sheothebudworths Up the bum - no babies!!!

How much does it cost to rent a pony?

18. Smoking kills

Smoking kills Well-Known Member

And sharpened toenails

19. petee

petee i'm spartacus

a friend of mine used to refer to "3 collar men", a play on the american "3 letter man" (varsity in 3 sports). because there were in fact undergrads in the 70s who wore not just 2 but 3 popped collars.

20. krtek a houby

krtek a houby The Machine Stops

The chap who cuts one's floppy fringe in the hair salon

21. Dogsauce

Dogsauce Lord of the Dance Settee

Fortunately the local authority provides such things - we used to do it in Shirehampton Baths with the scouts.

kebabking and PippinTook like this.
  22. Twenty-five quid.

23. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

The Royal Agricultural College at Cirencester runs a beagle pack, sabbed it a few times back in the day. Terriermen or whatever their equivalent is are fit fuckers, miles and miles over claggy ploughed fields.

24. Santino

Santino lovelier than lovely

You misheard, he's not a postman he's a royal male.

scifisam, Almor, Celyn and 14 others like this.
  25. dessiato

You'd need four. The cost depends on the club and the pony. I don't know current prices. I've not been to polo for about ten years.

26. kebabking

There's a beagle pack at Sandhurst - the Officer Cadets who have poor fitness are 'encouraged' to take it up as their sport as it has a miraculous effect.

They go from being the wheezing fat boy at the back to being racing snakes in a term - it's lots of fun actually...

27. JimW

JimW 支那暗杀团

Should send them out sabbing instead, same fitness regime plus added situational awareness and chance of some mostly unarmed combat.

kropotkin, Almor, Celyn and 6 others like this.
  28. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  29. dessiato

HoratioCuthbert likes this.
  30. SpookyFrank

SpookyFrank Somewhere under the raincloud

HoratioCuthbert likes this.