1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DHTV: Dulwich Hamlet TV

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Sep 8, 2016.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

This has been up for a few days now - Match Highlights and Post Game interviews galore.

Need 100 subscribers before we can get a vanity URL - so please do subscribe!

Dulwich Hamlet TV

Scutta and all to nah like this.
  2. all to nah

all to nah Well-Known Member

Can I do that without a google-account?

3. Scutta

Scutta Live Fast Die Bizarre

Who is running this, other than the company, are you involved YTC? have some ideas and some that the guys in Germany have suggested either sharing highlights or doing something together...

hit me up!

4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Unfortunatly you will need a google account!

5. all to nah

Oh, but thanks for the fast reply!

;)

6. YTC

YTC Human Man

You can still watch without being logged in! Just cant subscribe to get updates when videos go up :)

7. all to nah

I know, I've watched all the match reports since it started and liked them a lot!

:thumbs:

YTC likes this.
  8. Scutta

lucky you! :hmm::mad::D

all to nah and YTC like this.
  9. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Make a google account but don't use it!

Cyclodunc likes this.
  10. liamdhfc

liamdhfc Well-Known Member

Dulwich Hamlet TV is currently led by the 2 Gavins - Rose & Tomlin- and uses Tom Bale, who used to do the commentary for Football Exclusives, to do interviews etc. We want to deliver this for free and once it gets fully up and running will take in all aspects of the club including Youth & Junior sides.

In association with this there will also soon be a new website which will enable the club to sell its own advertising rather than have to put up with Pitchero's.

To deliver it properly will need significant sponsorship as it will be a near full time project and so we need the number of subscribers (and views) to be at a high level to make it attractive to sponsors. So spread the word.

If anybody knows of the type of businesses that may be looking to sponsor then get in touch.

all to nah, Scutta and YTC like this.
  11. ForwardHamlet

ForwardHamlet Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to help out somehow.

YTC and B.I.G like this.
  12. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Likewise

YTC likes this.
  13. YTC

YTC Human Man

Give it a push on the twitter m8.

14. Scutta

Well I will try to push it round Altona, would it be possible to have extended highlights we could show in the bar here (if allowed) then hopefully that will get all these lot to sign up for it too

15. all to nah

You can spread the word around here: Dulwich Hamlet FC

It's more authentic, if you do it, but if you want me or otzenpunk to do so, we can do it, as well. Have you met "Elbsohn", who is filming the Altona-matches, yet?

B.I.G: I had to to that for work, but google found out and connected it with my private things. So I deleted all of them as soon as possible, when they've set up a new calendar at work.

B.I.G likes this.
  16. Scutta

I will do

not yet I don think but will try to.

otzenpunk and all to nah like this.
  17. YTC

YTC Human Man

we should def try and show altona highlights in the bar!

18. liamdhfc

I have asked those concerned and there won't be a problem with that once we are fully up and running

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
    YTC likes this.
  19. all to nah

First their have to be highlights in the Altona matches.

:p

otzenpunk, Scutta and YTC like this.
  20. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

Are there Altona highlights available via the local TV stations? Could do that in much the same way streamed the Hamburg cup final gam

all to nah and YTC like this.
  21. otzenpunk

otzenpunk Well-Known Member

Haha, ehm, no.

There is this "Elbsohn" guy, all to nah mentioned, and he's uploading his stuff to the club's channel: Altona 1893

He's doing it for free, from the stands, so can't guarantee to cover every match and sometimes misses a goal.;) Normally he's uploading highlights a few hours after the final whistle, occasionally it takes time till the next day, though.

Additionally there's a site called elbkick.tv, which shows highlights of Oberliga Hamburg and Regionalliga matches, but more like one match per week, so Altona is not covered regularly. They produce a little bit more professional and use higher camera positions, but usually don't publish before Tuesday.

Scutta and all to nah like this.
  22. all to nah

They're taking it more seriously, because they're earning money with it (via adverts). So you probably have to ask them. But they're very nice and I could imagine, that they might be interested in swapping videos with DHFCTV. This is an example of their Altona clips. But Elbsohns videos are available on their site, too. As they cooperate with a lot of "hobby filmers" and present their videos without ads.

Scutta likes this.
  23. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

I have to say I'm really enjoying being able to watch/re-watch the Dulwich games on DHTV. Well done and thanks so much for setting this up!

all to nah and Scutta like this.
  24. Scutta

camera quality is great as well. compared to some of the FE footage, but also good to keep the similar commentary. Certainly helping me not feel too homesick!

25. liamdhfc

DHFC TV needs sponsorship/advertisers to keep going as the labour is not free and the equipment is currently loaned to us. Therefore, if anybody has suggestions for sponsors or preferably links to businesses then please put them forward.

26. Scutta

What about a fans subscription like FE. So we dont need too many advertisers.

Also I thought it was ASPIRES project and part of Tomlins contract so we didnt need to pay. but if we do and inevitably we always will, do we need much sponsorship why cant we have a subscription. £5 min then as much as you like and then once cost is paid (which i hope is reasonable), any left over goes to Scrooge & the 12th man scheme?????

What do other clubs pay for it like Margate and Canvey?? in comparison to what is be asked for?

27. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I'm not too up on this, but I believe that if it's well used and people subscribe for free, then sponsorship/advertising would be attracted to it.

I know Gavin Tomlin is involved, but very much doubt it would be part of any football contract, though I have no idea if that's true. And, yes, ASPIRE, are heavily involved, as Gavin Rose is supporting it, but the 'clue' is in the name as in 'DHFC TV' not ASPIRE TV.

Personally, I'd prefer it to attract backing so a free service is provided. Indeed it would be a great way for the Supporters' Trust to maybe use some of their '100 Club' money to support it & gain great exposure, whilst helping us, the members, and the rest of our fans, which might in turn encourage more to join the Trust?

all to nah and Scutta like this.
  28. Scutta

Fair enough point, you know me I love free..

It was just a practical suggestion that liam had been asking for were we could stop people (me) moaning about sponsors being shoved in their face

haha as long as it doesnt become DHFCKFHTV ;)

There is an argument that you may get more subscriptions if they know they are contributing direct to the club and or 12th man as well, cant help than having more than one revenue, was certainly one of the reasons I signed up to FE to give extra money to the club.

However the idea for the trust to get involved with that money is a great idea! and actually another solution to the over sponsorship complaints if the main one was our own fans.

Again athough as Canveys and Margates were free, and I could be wrong, sponsorship free, how much do they pay and why cant we look at a model like that or adapt it. why does it seem to cost so much when we do it? As I said these are assumptions, but seems are we going over the top when something a bit more simple and cheaper could work just as well?

RE Tomlin, this what i was told by someone i normally consider ITK, maybe i wont trust them anymore :hmm:

29. liamdhfc

Once this project is fully running it will be a 360 degree view of the club not just a first team channel. Our aim is for it to include the youth team, junior sides, fan pieces, parents, kids, football in the community, bar, gym, new development and anything else that moves at the club. To do that it will need to employ a couple of people full time but we want to deliver it to as big an audience as possible and not make finance a barrier to engagement.

dcdulwich likes this.
  30. Scutta

Genuinely In theory sounds great and would really, done right love it to work... Although shoudn't that effort for sponsorship etc be going to rallying for a new stadium. Or supporting the transfer of the club to the trust and protecting interests in case we get screwed over by council or Hadley. Is this at the level of MUTV needed as a priority, yet?

I want to see this work especially only being able to go to a few games a season now a 360 degree view of the club from germany would be even better for me. As already said be good to see if we could get something on their from Altona to to strengthen the friendship

although saying all that a paid job at the club could tempt me back from Germany ;) you have my email :thumbs: