DHST Coaches to Away Matches January to April 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by DHST, Jan 17, 2019.

1. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

DHST are pleased to announce the destinations and prices of proposed coaches for the remainder of the season.

upload_2019-1-17_16-25-16.png
    *Based on advice from coach company, with aim of arriving at destination at 2pm. Subject to confirmation.

Please note:

• All coaches are fully air-conditioned and have onboard toilet facilities. Longer journeys will include one or more comfort breaks.

• Payment must be made in full at the time of booking. In the event of a cancellation, all monies will be fully refunded.

• We cannot run coaches at less than 50% capacity. In the unfortunate event that we have to cancel a coach, we will give fans as much notice as possible.

I am sorry for the late announcement of the Concord coach; I have been unwell and there have been a few complications in arranging it.

We hope to get an online payment system set up soon, but this is unlikely to be ready for Concord, so please don't wait for it.

Payment for Concord can be made in the following ways:

To Duncan Chapman at the East Thurrock game on Saturday 19th Jan
    At the Mega-Container on the 26th Jan

I look forward to seeing many of you onboard!

Alex Smith
    DHST Community lead

2. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

Just to confirm, as Alex mentions above, I’ll be at the East Thurrock game tomorrow if people want to book on the coach for the Concord Rangers match.

Correct money, your name and those of anyone else you are booking for and contact details - a mobile number and/or email address would be helpful. You’ll get a receipt, of course.

If you don’t know who I am, my mugshot appears here: Board members – Dulwich Hamlet Supporters' Trust

Duncan Chapman

3. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

4. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Just confirming 4 for the coach to Concord please! Will give cash and names, in person, at the game on Sat!

Dulwich Mishi and pettyboy like this.
  5. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

Noted with thanks.

Jules P likes this.
  6. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

A further appeal for people to sign up for the coach to Concord Rangers this coming Saturday.

It’s currently borderline as to whether it will run. We’ve had a pretty good response and more people committing today and tomorrow to take the coach will mean it will run - even if we make a loss.

Trust volunteers will be selling tickets in the bar tomorrow evening (Monday), before and after the directors’ meeting.

Thanks to those who have been promoting the coach via their own contacts and social media - it’s really appreciated.

One more heave!

the 12th man and pettyboy like this.
  7. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Would encourage anyone who is on the fence about Concord to seriously consider booking onto the coach! The Canvey clubs are notoriously difficult to get to solely by public transport and £15 is very good value to get your there and back.

Not to mention there are 3 very important points up for grabs...

8. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Two seats please. Will cough up this evening.

pettyboy likes this.
  9. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

Thanks StephenMac - much appreciated. We’ll catch you later.

10. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I know you won't have an answer to this...but is there any news on the coach to Torquay...the train fares are far too expensive now, looking at the National Rail website the cheapest day return appears to be over ninety quid!

11. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

There are also engineering works on the railway meaning you're faced with either a replacement bus leg between Taunton and Exeter, or using the slow route from Waterloo via Exeter.

12. Dulwich Mishi

Looks like the only way I'll get there is if there is a DHST Megabus...

13. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Top of the thread Mishi - apparently we’ll be charging £30/£24. Maybe a review is in order! ;)

14. Dulwich Mishi

Yes I saw that... I’m more concerned on the uptake, as to whether it will definitely run, these are at the moment provisional coaches at the moment aren’t they?

15. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Torquay is one of the few trips I'd consider doing by coach due to the cost and inconvenience of rail travel on that particular date. The engineering works last for three weeks either side of match day including weekdays so it's not even convenient to make a long weekend of it by travelling on Friday and returning Monday. (I don't have any axe to grind with the organisers, I just have a phobia for long motorway journeys and prefer not to be tied to someone else's schedule if possible.)

However if people bank on using the coach then find it's cancelled at a week's notice they're stuffed. This will make them less likely to commit to future coach trips, they'll just book advance train tickets before the cheapest prices are sold out, therefore the cancellation of coaches due to lack of demand becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I'm a bit baffled as to how an individual using his own initiative seemed to make the whole thing work better than DHST has managed so far. I know Shaun sometimes took a financial hit to his own pocket when the coach didn't break even, but surely that wasn't to an extent that DHST can't afford to match?

Nivag, Jamie Wyatt and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  16. Alexandra Smith

Alexandra Smith New Member

Hi,

As previously announced, prices for the Torquay coach are £30 (adult) £24 Concessions. More promotion of this will be out in the next couple of days, but you'll be able to buy tickets on the DHST website and at the Concord and Welling matches.

Cyclodunc and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  17. DHST

DHST Well-Known Member

The coach is now definitely running on Saturday and is currently over 60% full so please sign up ASAP to see the Hamlet take on Concord Rangers on Canvey Island.

We will now accept payment on the day but we need to know who’s coming so either reply to this message, DM us or email us via info@dhst.org.uk and we’ll be in touch.

If you email or DM, contact details - ideally a mobile phone number - would be good. Plus, please let us know if you will be paying the concession (£10) or full (£15) fare.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019