DHFC Women's Team

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

It could be if I looked it up in a dictionary, but as I’ve already stated: I’m too lazy.
    Pay attention...

2. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

This hither rumpus is portending vis-a-vis a consumate tiff.

B.I.G likes this.
  3. Dulwich Mishi

You can fuck off an’ all!:D

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

*consummate

5. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Goals in the first half, goals in the second. It's..

all to nah, Pink Panther and Lucy Fur like this.
  6. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great to see the highlights up - Thanks
    Really helps promote the women's team

truth is Hamlet could have got another 11 goals with the opportunities they had
    but to come back when 3-2 away in front of a partisan crowd - showed great gut

Lots of great performances all round , but especially great ball control from our strikers

personally still a big fan of Liz Wicks - what a player

7. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

I’ve told you before. Click on the word and then go for the ‘Look Up’ option. It’s quicker than replying to say you can’t be bothered to look it up.:)

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  8. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

Ssshhhhh. You're using common sense. This is Mishi you're talking to after all. ;)

9. editor

editor hiraethified

10. Dulwich Mishi

As if I’m ever gonna do what you tell me!:D

11. SagaLout

SagaLout New Member

Tonight's game away to Leyton Orient is off due to a waterlogged pitch.

12. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Active Member

Dulwich Hamlet Women’s team went down 1-0 at Champion Hill to Denham United in the league cup. The team looked a little lethargic today but will hopefully get their mojo back for a vital top of the table clash v QPR next Sunday

Nivag likes this.
  13. editor

editor hiraethified

14. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

15. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Active Member

Good luck to our Women’s team v QPR today. Also don’t forget the celebration of the life of Farouk Menia in the bar at 5pm.

16. SagaLout

SagaLout New Member

Excellent result in halting QPR's 100% record with a 2-0 Hamlet win on an emotional day.

17. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Outstanding performance, QPR were second in every department. Decent turnout as well 219. As stated very emotional day.

18. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Active Member

Great win and a wonderful tribute to Farouk after the game.

19. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Most enjoyable game of football I've watched since the club returned to Champion Hill.

What would it take for more people to come to support the Women's team?

Duckula 3:16 likes this.
  20. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Saturday 3pm would help!

21. Dulwich Mishi

Now there’s a question for the media team really...

22. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Media team or not, maybe people have partners, wives and husbands who like to spend time with them. Or maybe they can't afford to follow both senior teams. Maybe they have lives and responsibilities outside of football.

23. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I (once again) took my 2 1/2year old to both games this weekend. He liked both, but of the two I’d say he had most fun at the Women’s game. This is because, being 2 1/2, he doesn’t watch that much of the game, he wants to kick his ball, play with stickers and climb the terrace steps. There’s more space for him to do all that at the Women’s game.

Don’t want to generalise to all kids of all ages, but if what he likes is what they all like maybe the Club’s marketing focus could shift to attracting families to the Women’s game rather than the Men’s, on the basis they’ll find it more enjoyable? Maybe free school tickets etc should be for the Women’s - or at the very least to both?

24. editor

editor hiraethified

25. editor

editor hiraethified

I'm doing my best to plug the Women's team on Buzz (with the help of Max).
    Every page posted on Buzz gets tweeted out to 25k followers and shared on FB.

26. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

_MG_7610 2.jpg _MG_7611 3.jpg _MG_7612 4.jpg _MG_7613 5.jpg _MG_7614 6.jpg _MG_7615 7.jpg _MG_7616 8.jpg _MG_7617 9.jpg _MG_7618 10.jpg Some more photos here from a very enjoyable game in very difficult conditions weather wise and lovely tributes to Farouk in the bar afterwards from the players telling their stories, a couple of great poems about what he meant to them.
    more pix ---> Dulwich Hamlet FC Woman vs QPR Woman | Better or worse

editor likes this.
  27. editor

editor hiraethified

If you can be arsed, you could add a comment to the Buzz page with the link to your pics....

Nivag likes this.
  28. Duckula 3:16

Duckula 3:16 New Member

the run up to the first goal was so exciting to watch. The atmosphere made it seem there was more than two hundred fans there.
    The women's games are definitely more fun to watch especially if you have young children with you.

Nivag likes this.
  29. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

My first dhfc women’s game and I absolutely loved it. I’ll be back for sure now I’m living locally again.

Duckula 3:16, Pink Panther and Nivag like this.
  30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Highlights of the QPR game

Duckula 3:16 likes this.