DHFC Women's Team

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

editor

editor likes this.
  2. editor

editor hiraethified

Ah, OK, Thanks.

Pink Panther likes this.
  3. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

pettyboy, editor and PartisanDulwich like this.
  4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Would be good to see our friends from Clapton Community Women's Team on 29th September
    also possibly up to 100 Clapton fans

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  5. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

First XI and Reserved both listed to be at Champion Hill on 8th Sept with 14.00 kick offs! Should be interesting

6. Al Crane

Al Crane Well-Known Member

Does this mean the Reserve team matches aren't being played at Champion Hill but the training pitch fields across the way?

7. PartisanDulwich

So can we confirm what is the next home game for the women's first team (so we can try and replicate the great attendance we had for the first home League game)
    I make it

Dulwich Hamlet Women's Team V QPR on 8th September

8. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

That's what I remember being announced at the end of the game on Sunday.

9. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

I might make the Comets game as I also have a game in Regents Park that day!

pompeydunc likes this.
  10. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Friends ??? One of the least friendly clubs towards us,unless something dramatically changed recently

11. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Active Member

I’ve always found them friendly. A few of thier supporters have also attended our games when they’re not playing.

pompeydunc likes this.
  12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

They were only formed last year and we've never played them at any level, so they're a bit of an irrelevance to me!

13. PartisanDulwich

The first recorded Women's game to be played at Champion Hill, I can find is the 1977 Women's FA Cup final between Southampton and QPR held on 15th May 1977, with over 3,000 in attendance in the old Champion Hill stadium. The game highlights shown before the men's FA Cup final with Bob Wilson as commentator. QPR ran out 1-0 winners.

the next game was the delayed 1994/95 London women's cup final between Arsenal & Millwall Lionesses in August 1995

The next women's game played at Champion Hill was on Sunday 10th September 1995 when Dulwich Hamlet Women's football Club (formally Lambeth WFC founded in 1986 as Patmore Youth Club) ran out against Hackney WFC in the WFA Cup preliminary round (Alsion Murphy star scorer)
    Debbie Glanfield, T Balogun, Catherine Dooley, Alison Murphy, Hazel Sarjeant, Martina Killick, Jackie Phillip, Marie Foley, Diann Charles, Dee McLaren, Bebrey Gurten subs Maz Keenan, Chidi Anyiam, Fola Munis

Source: 10th September 1995 programme notes

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    pompeydunc and Nivag like this.
  14. Ian Kaye

Ian Kaye Active Member

15. PartisanDulwich

Full Time 1-1 in a game dominated by Dulwich Hamlet according to accounts and scored early in the second half, only for Eastbourne Town to equalise soon after with a "fluke goal" - The Hamlet drop to third

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  16. PartisanDulwich

17. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

It was one of them goals you see on Question of Sport, What happened next..

Real shame as Dulwich had plenty of chances to score.
    The Eastbourne goalie made a good finger tip save too and a goal line save from a corner.

18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Ollie's photos from yesterday

Jules P likes this.
  19. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Sunday's game at Eastbourne Town

Amy taylor and PartisanDulwich like this.
  20. PartisanDulwich

so many chances to win this one

21. Amy taylor

Amy taylor New Member

Damn lost count of those chances. Shame about that goal... Seems like they didn't communicate properly.

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  22. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Was robbed by a dodgy lino decision and a unfortunate deflection in the dying minutes to lose in extra time.
    I hope Rhea's knee injury isn't too bad.

23. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

FA Womens Cup Aylesford 2 Dulwich 1
    0-0 at half time. 1-1 at the end of the 90 minutes. Dulwich scored first and dominated the game. Had a goal ruled out for offside. We hit the post but Aylesford scored with a 25 yard shot into the top corner in the last minute of extra time. A very entertaining game.
    DHW1.jpg

DHW2.jpg

DHW3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    editor likes this.
  24. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Another home game this Sunday - vs QPR @ 2pm.

Interview here with captain Brit Saylor, where she talks a bit more about the transition from Phoenix to DHFC Women's.

Meet the Captain: Brit Saylor

Lucy Fur, Dirty South and Nivag like this.
  25. editor

editor hiraethified

26. Bugpowder Dust

Bugpowder Dust Well-Known Member

Lost 1-0 to QPR today. Cup game, albeit mini league not knockout I gathered.

I caught the last half hour, excellent crowd, good atmosphere and plenty of attacking football. Just lacking the final bit of luck/skill to get an equaliser, which would have been deserved.

Almost didn't get to see it, steward on the main gate was adamant that the turnstiles were shut and no way was he letting me in but the guys in the reception were more lenient. Will definitely be back!

Nivag and editor like this.
  27. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

Had the same issue as you re turning up halfway through second half. New lad on the gate apparently. His supervisor let us in very soon after.

28. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Why wouldn’t they let a customer in?!?!

29. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Record crowd today for the women's team, 289. Only going to get higher.
    Just need to start banging in them chances to win games.
    IMG_5127.jpg IMG_5294.jpg IMG_5166.jpg IMG_5353.jpg IMG_5329.jpg IMG_5150.jpg IMG_5326.jpg IMG_5278.jpg IMG_5103.jpg

30. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member