DHFC Women's Team

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Monkeygrinder's Organ

Monkeygrinder's Organ Dodgy geezer swilling vapid lager

Dulwich's crowd growth has been more or less unique at our level and I don't see why some of the conditions that drove that shouldn't apply to the women's team. I'd like to think they could get a decent regular crowd going. Looking forward to catching some games.

YTC, WillClunas, Taper and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

A good innovation and good luck to the team next season. I've only ever seen Tier 7 games (county league level) which were free admission, no programmes, and where attendances were a small number of friends and family. No idea about gates at Tier 5 (or even if gates are counted)?

3. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I was just going to ask what the situation with the bar will be on Sundays if there's a big match on the TV screens and also a women's match happening on the pitch. Will people going along to watch televised matches in the bar be charged to get in?

MrFab_JP likes this.
  4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Of course. Why would it be different to a men’s game?

Nivag and GregDHFC like this.
  5. blueheaven

blueheaven Well-Known Member

I think it's a slightly different situation because there aren't normally televised matches on a Saturday at 3pm, so people at the ground at that time are generally there specifically to watch the Hamlet match... but on a Sunday afternoon there are often matches on the TV so it may be the case that people would go to the bar specifically to watch those (especially now that the bar is promoting itself a lot more as a place to come and watch sport on TV).

Dulwich Mishi and MrFab_JP like this.
  6. YTC

YTC Human Man

There are games on when men’s matches are on, no ones asking if it’s free to watch them? 12 and 12:45pn ko’s. Gates open at 12.

Our teams on our pitch will always be the priority over football on the TV. Kind of weird we have to make that clear!

FYI, WFC games will be 2pm KO’s.

7. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Thinks Gavin Rose is great

I've realised they are 'The Hamletesses'.

Better register that trademark before a bastard property development company does!

blueheaven likes this.
  8. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Not to mention Tuesday night European matches...

YTC likes this.
  9. YTC

YTC Human Man

Yeah that TM is free to anyone.

GregDHFC and WillClunas like this.