DHFC vs. St. Albans - 3pm, Saturday 10th August 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Aug 7, 2019.

1. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

They weren’t working class, they were upper class.
    And they weren’t stewards, they were hi-vis nannies.

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

The suggestion of drinking 6 pints instead of 3 to make it cheaper to go to a St Albans game than a Dulwich game could have been lifted straight from the "Viz Top Tips" page.

editor, Matt The Cab and WillClunas like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

:) That is the ones that are missing currently.

4. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

Before his sending off, and as someone who a bit like Dessie, had not been CH for a while.....I was quite impressed with Vose.
    The overall strength, fitness and size of this DHFC team is very very very impressive - and allows for a creative Vose type in midfield/attack.

Junior Kadi ripped into him post match - perhaps this stupid red card might be a turning point for the fella!

bkbk and Pink Panther like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Dessie has a reasonable enough excuse as he lives hundreds of miles away. You’re a short 484 bus ride from Champion Hill!

6. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

The despairing "Noooo!" coming from or near the directors' box when Connors played the corner short to Nyren for the winner is the icing on the cake of the highlights.

7. editor

editor hiraethified

You can just see the AWESOME DESTRUCTIVE POWER of the near lethal strangulation inflicted on the St Albans number 5 here:

8. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Indeed, if an away fan grabs you in the same way, I'm sure you will politely wish him well.

Jamie Wyatt likes this.
  9. editor

editor hiraethified

Personally, I'd just push him away rather than dramatically collapse to the ground gasping for air and holding my neck in such faux agony that people might consider calling in the Air Ambulance.

I hope no one brushes past you on the terraces in case this happens

[​IMG]

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I love stuff like that, if someone brushed against me on the terraces I'd probably overreact in one way or the other, even more so on the football pitch.

Footballers should keep their hands to themselves, if they want to start something, start with the fists, much more entertaining. Nyren and Gav know the score.

EDC and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  11. editor

editor hiraethified

Here's some more for you. Your kind of football:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's how it should be dealt with:

[​IMG]

:D

12. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Love that! Even better when it results in a pen or sending off. Bring back Dean Lodge.

13. Christian Burt

Christian Burt Well-Known Member

The old skool always called this a "relegation corner" :)

14. Pink Panther

Due to the fact that all our corners seemed to be taken like that during the 1989/90 relegation season. (Without resulting in any goals of course, otherwise we probably wouldn't have been relegated.)

15. AveryDave

AveryDave Well-Known Member

Nyren's got a claim to the second goal - from the highlights his delivery looked on target, even if it was more of a ball in than an obvious shot - so arguably a deflection rather than an own goal.

16. Pink Panther

20190812_220329.jpg

17. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Ambroisine was brilliant on Saturday. Seems to have a sixth sense for a good old fashioned slide tackle. Great at stopping speedy buggers getting away from him.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Jules P likes this.