DHFC vs. St. Albans - 3pm, Saturday 10th August 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Christian Smith. There's literally no point in having the surname 'Smith' if you can't be referred to as 'Smudge'.

2. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I (Smith, D) can confirm this.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  3. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Barnes literally got booked yesterday for booting the ball over the main stand when we scored the winner - which personally I thought was fucking brilliant. So I’m not sure how you can question Connors’ temperament and not Barnes’...

EDC likes this.
  4. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Hello from the other side!

5. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

In the 4 matches I've seen this season Connors had consistently shown a questionable temperament. I missed Barnes booking yesterday, probably because I was celebrating the goal so much, but I've not noticed him arguing with referees or getting involved in situations when he ought to be walking away.

6. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Kicking the ball away like he did was stupid, these yellow cards will add up to a suspension at some point.

pinknblue likes this.
  7. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Post match interview from the St Albain's manager

8. SDE

SDE Well-Known Member

My first Dulwich game since last year's play-off final and first at the Hill since we returned, following the Imperial Fields sojourn, and just wanted to say how wonderfully well run everything is these days. My lingering memory of home games was everyone moaning (me included) about long queues, no beer, shit this, shit that... The club feels totally geared up now for the bigger crowds while losing none of its inclusivity, community spirit, etc. Amazing work from everyone involved, esp the volunteers behind the scenes. Thanks all. Hopefully see you again soon. Until then, the always-magnificent media coverage will keep me connected. Love the Hamlet. What a fucking club!

9. supersafari

supersafari New Member

Brilliant. Really enjoyable match and encouraging stuff for the season ahead.

Positives aside, can someone please tell me what the point of Dom Vose is? Another abysmal performance that makes me think he doesn’t actually want to be here? Just what are the redeeming parts of his game again? Their 5 didn’t deserve the boorish “you’re shit” chants considering the sheer stupidity of Vose.

Hilariously, Dulwich looked a lot more purposeful and dangerous going-forward without him. Actually a bit of a relief that we won’t have to endure his turgid playmaking when inevitable suspension for violent conduct kicks-in.

the 12th man likes this.
  10. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Yep, it’s been great so far. So different in terms of how everything is run compared to when I was a punter before I did the photos. Bravo everyone

takkforalt, Pink Panther and SDE like this.
  11. editor

editor hiraethified

I didn't see any signs. Where were they? And what is it that they're filming? No one seemed to know but the cameras did seem trained on the fans quite a lot.
    I'd prefer to keep this thread about Saturday's game rather than indulge your in disingenuous 'asides,' thanks.

12. editor

editor hiraethified

"Unjust". Eh?

13. editor

editor hiraethified

14. Don Reid

Don Reid Member

Find me so we can debate please !!

15. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

My point actually was that there usually aren’t signs in or around grounds when there’s this sort of filming....
    The point about chanting was what I perceived to be a very tedious one from behind our goal, something which you thought fine to comment on by fans at a previous home game thread. So don’t do as I do do as I say from you then... some things never change.

16. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

17. Cyclodunc

We tried to drown it out with more positive chants

editor likes this.
  18. Cyclodunc

And I also attempted to flip the number 5 is full of sh*t one by ending with “he’s got a bad case of constipation” but I fear it was fruitless (maybe like his diet?)

editor, Nivag and scousedom like this.
  19. editor

editor hiraethified

I've never seen 'this sort of filming' at a non league game where's there's multiple camera crews with high end gear situated all around the ground and where it appears part of their focus is the crowd itself. And if the footage is to be commercially exploited via Netflix (as has been suggested) then there absolutely should be notices clearly visible.

I've made absolutely no comment about what those fans were singing, but, for the record, I didn't like hearing those chants one little bit - so there goes your wholly invented, non-existent 'point.' :rolleyes: :facepalm:

Any chance you can stick to talking about this match now ?

20. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

It was only the interviewer who suggested that, as well as suggesting Hamlet aren't good enough to be promoted. The manager didn't agree with him and his comments sounded fair and realistic to me, especially the observation that our full-time players seemed fit enough to make light of being a man short.

21. editor

editor hiraethified

Yes, the manager seemed very reasonable.

Pink Panther and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  22. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

6 mins 10 ish is brilliant.

"maybe the full time has helped them in terms of their fitness levels. but, i didn't think there was anything between the two teams in terms of their fitness levels..."

editor likes this.
  23. tonysingh

tonysingh Random Clever and Witty Strapline

One day you two will share a half time bovril and get along like a house on fire.... :D

24. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Unlikely, Ed’s a veggie.

25. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Bovril is vegetarian.

26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Or is it? The internet is undecided.

27. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Apparently it was and now isn’t. The time for making up is past!

28. editor

editor hiraethified

I just want to talk about the game and not waste time dismantling daft strawman arguments. And I don't like Bovril either although I like the fact that no one seems quite sure if it's veggie or not.

Back to the game, there's a wonderfully desperate defence being put up by a sole St Albans fan concerning their rip off admission fee - and it's failing to convince any of his fellow fans.

29. editor

editor hiraethified

Highlights with jaunty opening music and auto-skyview whenever Hamlet score.

30. editor

editor hiraethified

2019-08-12_010014.jpg

The pain.

takkforalt likes this.