DHFC vs. St. Albans - 3pm, Saturday 10th August 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Aug 7, 2019.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

2019-08-10_180829.jpg

:thumbs: :oldthumbsup: :beardy: :dude:

B.I.G likes this.
  2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I stand to be corrected if the tv proves otherwise but my view, which I'd say was a fairly good one, is that he didn't "grab his throat" at all. He shoved him in the back, which of course he shouldn't have done, and their player clutched his face and dropped to the floor. If people are "entitled to do that" I think I'll give up watching football. When I played a decent Saturday amateur level in the 1980s anyone acting like that would have been looked upon with contempt by teammates, never mind the opposition, and would probably have got a bloody good slap off the pitch afterwards. There are many forms of cheating in various sports but sadly football is the only one I can think of where some people find it acceptable to fake a serious offence by an opponent.

Trying to be objective in hindsight, Vose didn't have to get involved, he got drawn into a silly tussle with a much bigger opponent when the ball was dead, and he wouldn't just leave it when the other guy was walking away. If he'd already been on a yellow card and got a second one I wouldn't have had any complaint at all. However their player's reaction was embarrassing. I don't know how people who behave like that can look themselves in the mirror. Thankfully his antics didn't stop us winning. In fact I felt just a little bit cheated that someone else scored the own goal, not him!

Jamie Wyatt, editor and B.I.G like this.
  3. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

He shoved him. Then came round the side with both players facing the stand. Then he goes to grab / push him in the throat.

Were you behind the goal?

I would have gone down if someone pushed me in the throat. Gave the ref a decision to make.

Reckless from vose. Let his team down.

Nivag and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  4. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

New record attendance for the first Saturday home game of the season (V St Albans) 1,401

dcdulwich and Dirty South like this.
  5. RabbleLevi

RabbleLevi Well-Known Member

Clunis = Super sub. A goal and assist (although I don’t think you get assists for own goals). He was everywhere the action was when he came on, attacking, defending, left, right, what a performance to mark 450 apps. Man of the match.

Danny Mills is the best target man I have ever seen, at any level.

Connors is a pleasure to watch. His decision making is second to none.

St Albans were poor. Felt like they were always looking for a point, even when we went down to 10.

Not sure about the whole Vose incident but the team stood firm, worked hard for each other and got an excellent result. With first team players missing the strength in depth of the squad is showing.

Pink Panther likes this.
  6. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

What’s the camera crew about?

7. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Netflix, I for one do not like it. Fortunately they weren't behind the goal today.

8. editor

editor hiraethified

A bloody mob-handed camera crew at that!

9. editor

editor hiraethified

Oh fuck :(

10. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it when the sound man walked across the st albans manager’s view of the pitch. Not a care in the world.

Hamlet Pete and editor like this.
  11. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Plus their manager had his own manager cam. Can we not knock it!?

12. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Nonsense! You're a man-mountain, you wouldn't go down like a tell-tale child.

Yes, Vose could have avoided his dismissal regardless of anyone else's actions. I'm just angry at their player's part in the incident. I loathe the way so many aspects of modern football are basically a game of cat and mouse that revolve around making the referee's job as difficult as possible. The technical skills of modern players are far greater than a few decades ago, but that's offset by all the whingeing and flouncing about.

13. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Man-baby more like.

pompeydunc and Pink Panther like this.
  14. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

It's a funny old game. Last season we struggled to pick up points. This season it's 9 points fom 3 games (today we played with ten men and got gifted an own goal). Third in the table. With influential players yet to return from injury there is lots to look forward to. Top of the table Concord Rangers next Saturday.

15. Ben Caldecourt

Ben Caldecourt Active Member

It happened right in front of where I was standing. He grabbed his throat and their player dropped to the floor immediately. Laughing and clapping when Vose got shown the card.

Moroccan Sunset and B.I.G like this.
  16. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

How can we get our faces pixelated if we don’t want to be included? I don’t really fancy my family/students/colleagues being able to watch my antics. Kind of ruins the role of football as a release.

They had the camera pointed at us for mostly of the game on Tuesday

editor and Nivag like this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Be the most pixelated documentary of all time.

18. editor

editor hiraethified

If they are creating footage that will be commercially exploited, I'm pretty sure there should be notices posted up informing people of this.

19. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Impressed with Yannis Ambroisine. All the defence, in fact, including the keeper.

Moroccan Sunset, pinknblue and 3010 like this.
  20. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

Nyren was terrific. Love his attitude, his skill and his whole-heartedness!

Mills is superb but there's often no-one available to take advantage when he flicks the ball on. We need to get someone running beyond him when the ball is heading towards him in the air!

Connors is a classy full-back with an awesome throw to boot but his temperament was again shown to be very suspect with his idiotic booking today! He has to work on that quickly otherwise he'll be missing big chunks of the season through suspensions! I really like Barnes too. I doubt there's a better pair of full-backs in this division; opponents so rarely get past them.

I thought we worked incredibly hard when not in possession and tackled/defended very well today but we didn't keep the ball as well as we should. I'm looking forward to us having more creativity when Chapman plays, hopefully next week.

21. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Yes, like they have at every football ground in the country.
    As an aside what did you think of the fans behind our goal today? Such inventive barracking of their five , albeit not entirely undeserved, but surely not tedious et al, like a few visiting Bromley fans?

22. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy Active Member

Pretty much in line with it and Vose raised his arm to the St Albans player. I wondered if the officials might have been distracted by the man down by the touchline but they weren't and it had to be a red card. Fortunately it didn't make any difference in the end and Vose may well be a peripheral figure this season.

Some excellent performances by the rest of the team more than compensated though against St Albans - who looked a bit of a pub team.

I'm getting an agent!

23. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

That's interesting! I was expecting a bigger crowd today especially with the nearly 1,500 there in midweek.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  24. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Not that interesting. Wealdstone brought more fans on tue. The 800 core support were there as usual + 600 fans. Not as many families due to the wind.

25. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

Were they at bit 'windy'?

26. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

I guess so. Or on holiday. Who knows what middle class families do.

Some working class ones were there. And their kids were told to stop playing football where they always play football.

Misadvised steward or new policy?

cambelt and pompeydunc like this.
  27. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Last year I recall pinkpanther posting that we had never got a crowd over 1,000 in August at Champion Hill

I had hoped for around 2,000 today but that was a big ask given holidays - and I am sure the weather played a big factor

28. Don Reid

Don Reid Member

Next time your at the club ,come and find me I'd like to buy you a drink to find out what your beef is with dom

29. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

No beef. I just don't think any player should get away with grabbing someone's throat. I'd say the same if Quade or Smudge had done it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Smudge?