Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC vs. St. Albans - 3pm, Saturday 10th August 2019

Reg Merritt

I watched Dulwich Hamlet play St. Albans in the 1959-60 season, I think, just after Les Brown defected to Wimbledon. At the time, Wimbledon ‘paid’ it’s players, whilst our anthem was:

There’ll always be a Hamlet,
As long as football’s played.
We are the stars of Champion Hill;
We are the great unpaid.

Brown’s defection came as Dulwich Hamlet challenged Wimbledon for the league title and there were concerns about the effect on the team. The next home match was against Ilford, win 5-0, and the second against St. Albans, which was won 3-1. The star performer was Les McKendry, a tall left-half with a tremendous left-footed shot.

BrandNewGuy

Looks like there are going to be strong winds and possible gales tomorrow afternoon. Might affect the outside beer and food outlets, as happened with the Truro game last season.

Cat Daisy

Looks like there are going to be strong winds and possible gales tomorrow afternoon. Might affect the outside beer and food outlets, as happened with the Truro game last season.
If it's like the Truro game, then it was the swaying floodlights that had me worried!

Cat Daisy

Probably best to get there early and drink them dry. Wouldn't want any beer going too waste.
You may have to have an extra pint for us.
What with today's rail shenanigans and Thameslink / Great Northern already getting in their excuses about reduced services tomorrow, it's possible that the number of home and away fans travelling from Hertfordshire won't be as great as hoped!
Fingers crossed that the trains resume running tomorrow.

Cyclodunc

Where's the slam tent, mate?
It took until 20th april last season for us to win three league games on the bounce (chippenham - hungerford - wealdstone).

Son of Roy

Really?
When we played St Albans last season particularly in the away game it was obvious they like to keep the ball on the ground and seemed very reluctant to cross from the wings. I hope Danny Mills can bag a couple of goals today.

Pink Panther

Vose just got sent off FFS
Shoved an opponent in the back, who then fell down clutching his face. Shouldn't have pushed him, but disgusting piece of cheating by their 5. Few chances at either end but we'd generally been on top I felt. Half time 0-0.

B.I.G

Shoved an opponent in the back, who then fell down clutching his face. Shouldn't have pushed him, but disgusting piece of cheating by their 5. Few chances at either end but we'd generally been on top I felt. Half time 0-0.
Put his hands into his neck.

editor

hiraethified
He went down and squealed like he'd received a massive punch to the face. Stupid of Vose to get involved but the player's over reaction is what we get at this level, sadly.

Moroccan Sunset

He went down and squealed like he'd received a massive punch to the face. Stupid of Vose to get involved but the player's over reaction is what we get at this level, sadly.
Tbh, if Vose has grabbed his throat I think he's entitled to go down and squeal. If he doesn't he risks Vose not getting sent off - that isn't fair.

MrFab_JP

Sounds like a well earned 3 points. Sadly not about today to see it.

When was the last time we had more in attendance during the week then on a Saturday?