DHFC vs. Dartford, 02/03/2019. 3pm KO

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Feb 26, 2019.

1. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

I don’t see any broader comments?

PartisanDulwich likes this.
  2. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Thought Jamie Mascoll was great today. Always on the front foot and aggressive in his decision making, and that's without even mentioning his goal which was superb.

pettyboy, Pink Panther and StephenMac like this.
  3. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Comfortably man of the match for me. He must be in with a real chance at Charlton.

pettyboy and Poids like this.
  4. pengedragon

pengedragon Member

Thoughts on Nathan Green playing on the right of a front 3?

I thought it pretty much negated all of his strengths and was slightly puzzled that he and Wanadio didn't at least have a spell swapping sides

Moroccan Sunset and Pink Panther like this.
  5. StephenMac

An article about Dartford's no. 8, Lee Noble:
    Noble's Darts journey an inspiration

A tough guy apparently. A tough guy who spent most of the first half rolling around on the floor trying to get Hamlet players in trouble. A tough guy who Aryan flicked to the floor with one hand while simultaneously finding his man with a pass as Dartford imploded in the last 10 minutes.
    Well 'ard.

6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

He was exactly the same in the match at their place. Niggly little fouls and making a meal of it whenever he's on the receiving end. He's actually a decent enough player not to need to do all that. Appropriately the article is illustrated with a picture of him fouling an opponent.

Moroccan Sunset and StephenMac like this.
  7. StephenMac

Yep, definitely decent but clearly a twat. I left out his spiteful looking challenge on Mascoll late on too.

8. Pink Panther

I was really apprehensive when I saw the way we lined up at the start. Three at the back and with Green and Wanadio as wide forwards on their "wrong" sides in support of a single striker, plus several changes in personnel from last week's starting XI. I always think a straightforward 4-4-2 is the safest bet when wins have been hard to come by and you're looking for stability, and that's the policy that helped stop the rot and get a few points on the board in recent weeks. Thankfully Hamlet made a solid start against an ordinary Dartford team and rarely looked like losing the initiative after taking the lead just before the half hour. Fantastic goal with Clunis sending over a long swinging cross from the right hand touchline that dropped nicely for Mascoll, gliding into the box on the left, to volley into the far bottom corner from an angle. There weren't really a lot of clear chances at either end, although I always felt we were generally on top. The second goal came just before stoppage time commenced as the keeper spilled a pot shot from Onovwigun and Sheriff pounced to knock in the rebound. In the last two home wins against Eastbourne and Welling we've gone 2-0 up at a similar stage only to swiftly let one in at the other end and leave ourselves hanging on for the final whistle, but this time we saw out the remaining seven minutes withut any real alarm.

Having missed last week's match at Torquay I was impressed by the contributions of the three latest signings, as well as Essuman who was making only his second league start. Tajbakhsh looks comfortable in the Kargbo role, Mascoll was excellent at left wing back even apart from his goal, while Wanadio looks a more mature all round player than when we first had him following three years playing in this division or the one above. My only real grumble is that I really don't like this thing of playing a left footed winger on the right and vice versa. For me Green looked totally ineffective compared to when he plays on the left, and he's been getting goals recently from playing on the left. Wanadio looked more of a threat to me after Green had gone off, when he moved to the right and was able to combine with Clunis. also a word for Edward, returning in goal, who didn't have his busiest game yet made one vital save after a forward had got free inside the box and was very safe dealing with set pieces, which looked like the only way Dartford would trouble us for the most part.

And we had that ref who looks like Ed Balls again.

Team (3-4-2-1): Edwards - Essuman, Taylor(c), Chambers - Clunis, Tajbakhsh, Ferguson, Mascoll - Green, Wanadio - Akinyemi. Subs: Vose (for Green), Sheriff (for Akinyemi), Onovwigun (for Wanadio), Cook, Thompson (not used).

9. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

10. Pink Panther

11. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

editor, crocustim, WillClunas and 2 others like this.
  12. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

And yet they still didn’t find time time to describe that but where their defender butted their goalkeeper. :hmm:

Can only assume it wasn’t newsworthy - must happen every game.

13. Pink Panther

I like the way the reporter complains that Gavin Rose only answered questions from DHFCtv, despite quoting him extensively and in considerable detail about numerous aspects of the game.

14. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

At least he is doing better with Gavin than with my man Steve McKimm.

jnrknight and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  15. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

He didn’t seem to mind when he held his dictaphone next to Gavin during our post-match interview :p

16. StephenMac

'Thorough' is one word for it.

pettyboy likes this.
  17. StephenMac

Not like you to work a McKimm angle.

Cyclodunc, Pink Panther and pettyboy like this.
  18. Pink Panther

I suspect Steve McKimm ate B.I.G's hamster.

19. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

The swine are having a go at Winnie now!

"Not a good day out for us and like others I found the mix of their supporters strange and most more interested in the real ales and alcohol on sale round the ground than the football and I seemed to keep stumbling over this man with his whippet in the bar and around the ground wherever I walked and I had to try hard not to trip over the lead."

She likes the bar. What am I to do!

Blitzwalker and Ronco like this.
  20. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Just been reading their forum, honestly it's only 15 miles away you'd think we all come from a different planet than them.

21. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Perhaps if some other clubs at our levels thought outside the box & tried to reach out and attract people from all different walks of their community they might start to increase their crowds like we have. So we don’t tick all of the ‘traditional’ boxes. So what? If an Old Skool dinosaur like me can embrace change then surely anyone can! When we were in the same Isthmian One South division as Dartford when they first moved back home I could only dream of pulling in the numbers they got through the turnstiles, now we are getting gates that are our biggest in my lifetime. I couldn’t care less what our actual demographic is on the terraces...

22. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

Anyone having a go at Winnie had better watch out. She can do no wrong as far as I’m concerned!

Taper likes this.
  23. editor

editor Forked with electrons

24. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

F603B5FF-8500-41FB-914D-32851D80CA68.png Just thinking where that result leaves us. We’re essentially 3 wins ahead of relegation with 9 games to go. Meaning if we win 3 of our 9 remaining games, ET or Hungerford would have to win 6 of theirs to catch us. They have each won 7 all season.

25. Latahs

Latahs Well-Known Member

Saturday should have all but assured us of safety, ET and WSMs results really took the sheen off. We have Hungerford and Truro to play so a couple of six pointers there... but I think it’ll be mid-April at least before we get clear unless we go on a three game streak (home form very encouraging).

I note that last Friday the FWP predicted table was predicting HF and ET to get almost nothing from 10 remaining games last week. So clearly plenty of room for upsets.

scousedom likes this.
  26. Pink Panther

That was 12 seasons ago, the only previous season both clubs were in the same division.

Average attendance that season:
    Dulwich 326 Dartford 1,141

Average attendance this season:
    Dulwich 1,647 Dartford 1,144

So while our attendance has risen by over 500% theirs has risen by just under 0.003%.

27. NPDHFC

NPDHFC NAC-ITM

Looks like it was all just a big misunderstanding

"I spoke to Bailey first to get some feedback and he said the photos don't represent what actually happened. It was just two people passionately arguing about something and probably both frustrated because we were losing as well."

Passions run high as team-mates clash

28. Pink Panther

You can have a go at someone without squashing his nose with your forehead. Even a yellow card for their captain would have been his 10th of the season and triggered a two match ban, and a straight red for violent conduct would have been 3 matches.

(The annoying number 8 will be suspended for the next 2 matches after his yellow card for that shitty studs-up challenge on Mascoll just before the end. Ha!)

GregDHFC and StephenMac like this.
  29. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Watching the video on that he was lucky not to get a straight red.

Pink Panther likes this.
  30. Pink Panther

I've certainly seen people dismissed for less this season. I couldn't see it clearly at the time as I was on the opposite side of the pitch, but I noticed their bench were instantly on their feet flapping their arms about and shouting befroe the referee even had a chance to make any sort of decision. They were obviously worried it was gong to be a red. It wasn't a legbreaker, it was just an inexcusably spiteful foul. He was never going to win the ball so he just hung his foot out with his studs showing and caught the man below the knee. A coward's challenge.

Nivag and StephenMac like this.