DHFC vs. Dartford, 02/03/2019. 3pm KO

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Cyclodunc, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Bounce back?

2. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

In the week Alan Partridge returned to the big time, I’d say it’d guaranteed.

GregDHFC, WillClunas and Pink Panther like this.
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Let's just hope our forwards chase them down with the same tenacity Alan showed in persuit of the giraffe-faced "hacktivist", and that Dipo pulls on a Jamie Coyle mask before slamming home the winner! (And that Gav has more success obtaining Emily Maitlis' email address.)

YTC, Lucy Fur, GregDHFC and 4 others like this.
  4. YTC

YTC Human Man

Big in the back time.

Cyclodunc, scousedom and takkforalt like this.
  5. Pink Panther

"Back of the net!"

YTC and baleboy_93 like this.
  6. Pink Panther

After last week's heavy defeat we could certainly do with something from tomorrow's home game. I didn't make it to Torquay, but not for the first time a significant number of changes seemed to backfire as we effectively lost the match before half time. Three debutants in the starting XI, a goalkeeper making only his second league start, while the three substitutes who helped turn it around against Hemel the previous weekend were either left on the bench for 90 minutes or omitted completely, which I found a bit surprising. You might argue that it was a "free hit" in terms of gambling with selection for a match that was always going to be very tough (unlike the last time the wheels fell off in the first half at Hampton against out of form opponents who were there for the taking) but it mustn't become a habit.

There doesn't seem to have been a lot of player news during the last week. Today's South London Press focuses entirely on Simon Jorgensen, with Gavin suggesting that he's competing to be first choice and not giving much of a clue as to the likelihood of Preston Edwards returning tomorrow. Not sure what happened to Decarrey Sheriff last weekend, having come off the bench to score on each of the previous two weekends. Meanwhile Ashley Carew appeared for Egham Town against Molesey last Saturday. Is this a loan deal with a view to regaining match fitness or, bearing in mind he's on the transfer list, has he been released by mutual consent? You'd think he's at least good enough for Merstham! Egham are virtually down with only 10 points at the bottom of Tooting's division and they lost at home to the second bottom side on his debut. (Incidentally Dean Lodge also appeared for Egham.)

7. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Dartford have beaten Woking home and away in the last few weeks and have only lost once in nine since New Year. Think a draw would be a great result.

8. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

According to the Egham Town website, Carew has signed on loan and is also acting as assistant manager.

EGHAM TOWN 0 MOLESEY 2 - News - Egham Town FC Ltd

This week has seen changes in the management team, with Ashley Carew coming on loan from Dulwich & Hamlet to make his debut and take over as assistant manager, and to replace former South Park boss Mick Sullivan, who has left the club. Dean Lodge, like Carew, made his debut, signing from Chipstead (who visit on the last day of the season). Carl Palmer has been taken on as assistant coach. This is where I would usually drop in a drumming reference (I am that old!); what is certain is that Egham can do with some ELP.

Seems he also hit the bar with a free kick.

9. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

They may have improved drastically since we last played them, and I know they've signed both Crook and Phil Roberts from Chelmsford, but I was really underwhelmed by them back in October - thought they looked very average. I'd like to think a win was possible if we played at the same level we did v Welling. Also, still hate Coyle for his part in Wallgate - I love to beat a cheat.

Agree completely with Pink Panther in that I'd like to see us get as close to the starting XI that was starting to gel in the Concord, Welling and HH games. It'd be great if Preston and Dipo come back in, and Taylor remained in centre mid. I've got a nasty feeling we're going to attempt to shoehorn Wanadio back in and play with three bloody wingers. :facepalm:

B.I.G likes this.
  10. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Well, we played with five wingers at Torquay and it didn't work out very well. Given the return to form vs Welling, then it was odd to see so many changes for the Torquay game. I hear that the players were locked in changing room for a long time after the game, when actually it was how we setup that was the disaster - no midfield to speak of which enabled Torquay to almost stroll through us.

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  11. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I don't know how they did that.

Cyclodunc and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  12. cg__

cg__ Active Member

How the fuck do Torquay absolutely hammer us and then lose to Weston at home

13. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

ATTENDANCE: Dulwich Hamlet v Dartford - 2,779

Great performance today all round - Certainly powerful in all areas

Players were very disciplined, unlike Dartford who at one point in the second half started fighting amongst themselves

Quade fantastic as Captain and Preston crucial saves

Sent the fans away happy (and the players seemed to enjoy it as well given their celebrations at the end)

Some justice for being robbed at Dartford earlier this year

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  14. Jamie Wyatt

Jamie Wyatt Well-Known Member

Because we didn’t bother to turn up until half time!!

Moroccan Sunset likes this.
  15. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

16. editor

editor Forked with electrons

I was cheering on the Hamlet from afar and the tour bus resonated to my whoops at full time. Go the Hamletz!

*Waves tinsel pom pom and oversized foam hand around

Lucy Fur, Nivag and PartisanDulwich like this.
  17. pitchfork

pitchfork Well-Known Member

Dartford were really poor. Apart from their left back that back line is the worst I’ve seen in this league how an earth are they in the playoffs?

Totally dominated that game and it was only silly mistakes that nearly cost us although Preston made an outstanding save at. 1-0. Play like that in the remains fixtures and we will be fine.

Interesting that none of the top 11 won!

StephenMac and Nivag like this.
  18. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Enjoyed that today, a little bit sketchy before the first goal went in and what a goal it was. Cracking strike!!
    Vose looked half asleep when he came on and lost the ball a few times.

Great to get another goal late on to help the goal difference and keep a clean sheet today.

StephenMac likes this.
  19. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Great goal from Jamie Mascoll. It was no coincidence we able to out muscle Dartford today with Aryan Taj in midfield. The whole team played as a team. Billy Crook wasn't able to influence the game but I noticed he didn't give the ball away much either.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Taper likes this.
  20. scousedom

scousedom Well-Known Member

I really REALLY liked Aryan’s performance today.

21. Taper

Taper Well-Known Member

Some fabulously incredulous comments on the Dartford fans forum. Including:

“They have an interesting set up at Dulwich. An over subscribed, knackered facility with real ale tents on all four corners of the ground, naan bread stalls, loads of foreign fans, hipsters, pissheads, students, left wing buggers, loads of babes in arms and dog walkers.”

“i felt as though i had been pushed into a festival for students with beer everywhere and a strong smell of weed with only about 500 of their fans watching the game not bad seeing the crowd was 2700.”

“It was my first visit to Dulwich and it’s strange to say the least , it was a cross between Welling’s ground and Crufts”

Makes you proud!

22. Don Reid

Don Reid Active Member

vose hasn't been at his best for a few weeks but he will try to pass in the right way and with purpose, at present we need to win games and if arryan can be the enforcer and keep it simple vose will come out of his shell again

23. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

Good stuff that

Taper and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  24. pitchfork

Got to love this from their forum!

‘this has to be one of the strangest game i have been to,i felt as though i had been pushed into a festival for students with beer everywhere and a strong smell of weed with only about 500 of their fans watching the game not bad seeing the crowd was 2700.
    as for the game a non event by us with only one shot on target and being muscled out of every tackle.
    i am sitting at home still wondering what today was all about [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. pitchfork

And this!

‘What a poor loss! A game we expected to win. I can't really pick the bones out of the performance as the match was so bloody scrappy from start to finish. An awful advert for the National South. What I can sumise is that Crook had a great game in the midfield engine, but McQueen (who has shown such early promise) unfortunately was far too quiet on this occasion.

They have an interesting set up at Dulwich. An over subscribed, knackered facility with real ale tents on all four corners of the ground, naan bread stalls, loads of foreign fans, hipsters, pissheads, students, left wing buggers, loads of babes in arms and dog walkers. All every different from our beloved Princes Park.

We are undoubtedly a bigger club than Hamlet so it's a shame we can't attract their level of support, and reach a wider demographic like they can. Or maybe Dartford is just a very different area?’

26. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

F**k Dartford (and I wasn't at the game)

27. Pink Panther

I don't think it helps to quote people out of context like this. Either copy a link to the whole thread or don't bother. Otherwise you're really just responding in kind by painting another club and its supporters as somehow inferior to our own.

28. pitchfork

Please, I just found it interesting to note what some of their fans think of our match day experience.

Don’t really get your point?

29. Pink Panther

My point is that you've selectively quoted a couple of people making negative comments about our club when it would have been just as easy to link the whole thread in which there was a broader range of comments:

Pure DFC • View topic - Dulwich Hamlet (A) - 2nd March

30. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

Why?

Pink Panther and StephenMac like this.