DHFC v Met Police - LGBT History Month Game 3/2/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Scolly, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

We have now taken delivery of our LBGT History Month scarves. These will be exclusively on-sale via the mega-container priced £10, with a donation from each one sold being made to the Gay Football Supporters Network. It's expect that these limited edition scarves will sell out very quicker, so purchases are restricted to 2 person / transaction. In addition we hope to have several other items for sale on the day celebrating LGBT History Month.

LGBT Stack .jpeg

darryl, editor, Lucy Fur and 6 others like this.
  2. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Can I reserve one? I can't make the game. I hope you made a load of these are they#re going to sell by the shitload!

Great idea - good work!

pompeydunc likes this.
  3. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

I can't make the game either and would definitely like one of these too. If they could be reserved that would be great... If not I'm hoping I can find someone willing to get one for me.

4. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

If you cant reserve one - I will get you one - especially if you don't like Steve McKimm.

5. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

neville southall dulwich hamlet lgbt gay e7.jpg

Good to see Neville Southall supporting Saturday's initiative

6. crocustim

crocustim Well-Known Member

If only they did a pro LGBT and anti Steve McKimm half and half scarf

WillClunas, blueheaven and B.I.G like this.
  7. billbond

billbond Well-Known Member

Fair play to big Nev
    And i do mean big !

8. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

9. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Fucking hell . Beaney sent off. Still 0-0.

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Good crowd through - 1,465.

Five mins left. Come on Hamlet. Margate are winning.

11. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Our form has gone to shit: L - L - L - D

As has our disciplinary record. What's happening, people?! :(

12. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

At least we didn't lose.

Pink Panther likes this.
  13. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

14. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Love the flags

pompeydunc likes this.
  15. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I assume Beaney handled the ball in the goalmouth before it was cleared? That referee was very weak. Their 4 & 5 were both booked for bringing down Allassani from behind in the first half; 5 minutes after half time the 5 felled him again with a crude late tackle outside the box - pretty straightforward second yellow card IMO, and I had a good view of it from the near side - but the ref let him off with a talking to. Then 5 minutes later he shows our man a red card. It's normally a game of chess in this fixture, and today was typical.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    editor likes this.
  16. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

If I am honest, as harsh as I believe Beaney's red card was, we may have been lucky not to be down to 9 men, and the Met also lucky not to be down to 10 or 9, after the challenge between Mummery and Green in the second half in which both players seemed to go over the ball with studs showing

B.I.G likes this.
  17. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You might upset Mummery's parents with talk like that :eek:

baleboy_93 likes this.
  18. baleboy_93

To go with his upset knee ligaments too by the look of it

B.I.G likes this.
  19. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Look forward to the highlights as usual :)

Thank you for another year :)

baleboy_93 likes this.
  20. Pink Panther

Who's got a potential knee ligament injury?

21. baleboy_93

Mummery, his knee opened a little on the impact of his collision with Green, left stadium with knee bandaged up and using a crutch, physio told us he was going to hospital

22. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

From very close by it looked like the Mummery/Green challenge could have been reds for both but I think the following free kick wasn't even given for that.

The ref and stand-side lino were both poor. God knows why the ref put up with the Met players being continually in his face and manhandling him. The no. 3 didn't shut up all day and got the lino to give one of the most ridiculous offside decisions in recent memory.

Throw in the clear targeting of Reise and it was a weirdly cynical performance from a team that more often can appear a little naive.

23. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

Jim Cooper is a good man. An excellent man. Not perfect though.

StephenMac likes this.
  24. Pink Panther

Green is an impetuous tackler. That's how he did his shoulder on the first day of the season. He's not dirty but really needs to rein himself in sometimes.

baleboy_93 likes this.
  25. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

There were a few goal line clearances that probably would have gone in on another day.
    Their shot that rattled off the bar looked more goalside of the line than not from my view in the stands. But none of them seemed to appeal for it.
    Reise was looking a bit laboured in his running at the end and also could have passed a few times to put others through but decided to try and dribble past every player to get through on goal.

pompeydunc likes this.
  26. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

27. Pink Panther

Just watched the highlights and that Mummery/Green challenge might have been a red card for either or both players. (I saw a video clip online only a few days ago from a Northern Premier League match in which both players were sent off for a similar incident, which I've never seen before, i.e. two red cards for serious foul play in the same challenge.) The ball clearly hits Beaney's arm for the penalty incident after bouncing up awkwardly, although whether or not it was intentional I guess only the player knows. On balance I won't dispute the referee's penalty + red card decision, I'm more annoyed that the player who had the shot was the no.5 who was excused a second yellow card on more than one occasion after a deserved first half booking. He shouldn't have been on the field by that point.

This is rarely an entertaining fixture unless like last year we seize the initiative early and make them chase the game, and on that occasion we blew a two goal lead, went back in front immediately, then conceded a last minute equaliser from a penalty in a 3-3 draw. I felt we looked lightweight up front this time against their strongarm tactics. We could certainly have done with a Dumaka up front, or Dipo Akinyemi whom I believe we were poised to sign from Stevenage on Friday before the move fell through at the last moment. In fact until Taylor went off injured right at the end of the first half I'd even thought it may be worth bringing on Weatherstone for Ming, moving Clunis to wing back, and pushing Hayles up front as we did for the climax of the fightback at Hendon. Even with their extra man they seemed to be mainly playing for set piece opportunities, which they generally do anyway. So at least in successfully defending all of those we accomplished something. Unfortunately the goals have rather dried up with just two in the last four matches after scoring 14 in the previous four. Not sure how many matches it is for Beaney's red card, but both he and Kargbo will be missing at Lowestoft on Saturday.

Team (3-4-1-2): Edwards - Taylor, Hayles, Chambers - Ming, Carew, Beaney(c), Green - Ferguson - Clunis, Allassani. Subs: Weatherstone (for Taylor), Onovwigun (for Ferguson), Boakye-Yiadom (for Ming), Faal, Guimaraes (not used). Att.1,465

Nivag likes this.
  28. Scolly

Scolly Well-Known Member

Mummery/Green challenge: I was bang in front of it, both went high and both could have gone like you said. Their bench reaction to it was comical ....