1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DHFC South London Beer Festival 24/25 June

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by AndyF, Feb 16, 2017.

1. AndyF

AndyF DHFC Beer Aficionado

Date for all your diaries:

Saturday/Sunday 10/11 June 2017

I'm proud to announce the first DHFC South London Beer Festival. 12pm to 11pm (TBC) both days. I've signed up five breweries and the plan is to have around 10-12 depending on their availability. We will have at least one and maybe two guests. More details to follow.

See you all Saturday.

Andrew

2. pompeydunc

pompeydunc Well-Known Member

Fantastic. Well done AndyF.

3. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

As soon as you have more info, message me and I'll stick a feature on Brixton Buzz for y'all.

AndyF likes this.
  4. Noss

Noss Well-Known Member

Great stuff

I'll book 12 June off sick now

Blitzwalker, pompeydunc and AndyF like this.
  5. AndyF

Cheers pompeydunc and editor. It's been a plan of mine for a while and so excited that it's happening. I'll release the breweries one by one (up to six now) via their and our social media after Friday.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  6. AndyF

Meeting today and added another one to the list. Also for the avoidance of doubt it is us doing this. Not anyone else.

7. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

We hosted the official South east London CAMRA Festival in 2013, and the feeling was that it went very well and was an ideal venue. Unfortunately the then bar management were so unhelpful and incompetent (failing to ensure hot food was available as promised, then double booking another function for the scheduled "take down" day and asking the CAMRA volunteers to come in at the crack of dawn to remove all their stuff, then asking a significantly higher fee to stage it the next year) that SE London CAMRA looked elsewhere and it's now established at Charlton Park RUFC instead. A great opportunity missed.

Dulwich Mishi and AndyF like this.
  8. AndyF

Pink Panther thanks for this. I had heard similar comments and appreciate the feedback. We have the confidence and the capability within the team and will put on a great event. The beer selection will be rotated for a bit (starting with London Beer Factory this week).

YTC, clog and Pink Panther like this.
  9. AndyF

Going to start doing a regular beer thread

Bugpowder Dust likes this.
  10. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Great idea, can't wait. Be good if you can get Brockley Brewery and Cronx

AndyF likes this.
  11. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

An additional attractive bonus, will be that people could also watch the already sold out England v aus, and India v south Africa icc champions trophy games (Edgbaston and oval respectively) on big screens.

12. AndyF

Good shout on both. Cronx underrated.

pompeydunc likes this.
  13. AndyF

At this stage we're not sure what entertainment we will provide and if we can use the pitch (current thinking is that it is out). Appreciate the suggestion.

14. AndyF

I have nine breweries confirmed. Pitch is out of scope but there will be entertainment around the ground. Details TBA.

iamwithnail and darryl like this.
  15. AndyF

We have revised the dates and all systems go!

I have five confirmed breweries and in discussion with another six or seven. Sadly the pitch is out but there will be entertainment, food traders and music.

Admission will be £5 which will include a branded Stack Cup and Programme.
    Stack Cup | Reduce spills, reduce waste, increase sales

Any questions, queries etc let me know.

Cheers!

Andrew

Jimbob73 and darryl like this.
  16. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Why 'sadly'? It's a football pitch NOT a public park. And pitches at our level need to re-seeded, topsoiled, whatever...

There was NEVER any chance of being able to use the pitch in June!

17. takkforalt

takkforalt Well-Known Member

Control your emotions AndyF... for goodness sake

18. Dulwich Mishi

Merely pointing out basic common sense...but then I wasn't the one who opened up the outside bar for the London senior Cup Final...attendance one hundred and seventy something....perhaps if people talked to each other first....

19. YTC

YTC Human Man

presumably if this happened straight after the end of the season, we could have the pitch open, which would be lovely. Something to think about for next year. Seen lots of clubs do community days on the pitch a few days/a week or so after the season ends.

20. Dulwich Mishi

Indeed, as we did, when we let 'Football Beyond borders' use the pitch for the whole day on Sunday 7th May.

21. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

Are these "stack cups" plastic? I hate drinking beer out of plastic cups, it just doesn't taste the same. If so I'd rather bring my own glass if that's acceptable, or just be served in a standard plain glass from the bar.

Dulwich Mishi likes this.
  22. AndyF

Yes they are plastic. Glass is a huge issue for us operationally as the breweries will be around the ground. We won't be serving their beers (with one or two exceptions), they will.

We serve in soft plastics every match day to 90% of our customers and regularly sell all our cask beer out.

takkforalt likes this.
  23. Cyclodunc

Cyclodunc Where's the slam tent, mate?

#Tankardultras

darryl likes this.
  24. NPDHFC

NPDHFC In daß Haus

I shall only attend if I can be served my ale in the horn of a unicorn

WillClunas and pompeydunc like this.
  25. YTC

YTC Human Man

I will be selling pink and blue 'unihorns' on the day for £15 each.

26. AndyF

I have signed up nine breweries and awaiting two more to confirm.

We plan to have ten each day with one different brewery on Saturday and Sunday.

Brewery information to follow very soon...

27. AndyF

jessecalston and myself are working at Green Man from Thursday to Bank Holiday Monday. Very good event with over 30 Welsh breweries.

COURTYARD

jessecalston likes this.
  28. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

29. dcdulwich

dcdulwich Well-Known Member

Hadn't seen this before spotting AndyF at the Green Man today. Very well organised and a great range of beers and ciders. Will definitely look out for it again next year.

30. AndyF