DHFC Remembrance Ceremony 2019

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Blitzwalker, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

As an aside from tonight’s momentous events, El Presidente Jack has confirmed that our annual informal remembrance ceremony, in which we recognise the sacrifice made by Dulwich Hamlet players, officials and supporters in two conflicts, will take place on Monday evening 11th November in the boardroom at 7pm.

This year, we’ll be adding the names of two further players - Alan Adams and Charles Ede - to the WW2 roll of honour.

As always, all supporters and friends are welcome to attend. It’s quite a brief and informal affair and we’ll no doubt stick around in the bar for a pint afterwards.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    PartisanDulwich and Pink Panther like this.
  2. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Flitting in & out of like Tinkerbell on Meth

Thought last nights was very special. How wonderful it would be to have a representative from some of the services, corps or regiments the names on the memorial served with leading players out in future years.. One can dream...

3. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

It would be nice to do that. We’d need to know we’ll in advance when the ceremony is likely to take place and obviously this year, our reaching the First Round Proper of the FA Cup confused the issue massively-not that I’m complaining of course.

I do have a contact with the 106 Squadron Association, which was Reg Anderson’s squadron and likewise know an ex-Army Air Corps man, who might be able to help with regard to Alan Adams, who was a glider pilot.

We also now know Tony Robinson of the London Irish Rifles, our local Army Reserve regiment in Camberwell, who also brought along the Football of Loos to our event back in March. He’d be more than happy to bring some of his guys along and has offered to do so.

It all needs plenty of notice though which was impossible to provide this time.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

Indeed! I am sure all suggestions will be welcomed by the powers that be, though I’m surprised you never had ideas like this when serving on the committee, we could have worked on this before.

5. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Flitting in & out of like Tinkerbell on Meth

One of those things that until you see it in action the idea isn’t there...

Pink Panther likes this.