DHFC probably in Southwark 1918 - 2018 exhibition

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Roger D, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Roger D

Roger D Well-Known Member

From November 13th – 20th the ‘Local Connections and Those at Home’ exhibition is running in the foyer at 160 Tooley Street. Mayor Catherine Rose wanted a DHFC presence in the exhibition and I was asked to pull together a display on the back of the DHFC in WW1 book (lots of copies still available from 12th Man last I heard, plug plug.) This work was sent to Southwark ten or so days ago. I’ve heard nothing back so presume that it is being included.

This follows on from a WW1 Battle Sites photography exhibition at the same location, this runs from 7th – 13th according to Southwark publicity. Not quite sure how they seem to have them both running on the 13th mind so anyone planning on going for one specific exhibition may want to double check before going on that day.

Christian Burt and Dulwich Mishi like this.
  2. Roger D

Southwark have just contacted me to confirm this has gone to print today so the Dulwich Hamlet WW1 story will be part of the next exhibition. I suspect it starts on the 14th but haven't got that confirmed yet. My understanding is that the exhibition is broader than just DHFC and we are one part of an exhibition about the impact of the war on Southwark.

3. Roger D

I have just received an e-mail from Southwark confirming the exhibition was being installed this afternoon. Southwark have been loaned a few DHFC in WW1 bits of memorabilia which should be on display. I think the Supporters Trust may be behind the loans.

all to nah and Pink Panther like this.
  4. DHST

DHST Active Member

After a meeting with the Mayor of Southwark recently, during which this week’s exhibition was discussed, we were pleased to be able to put former Supporters’ Trust Chair, Al Crane, in touch with Mayor Catherine Rose in connection with this.

Al has leant some WW1 documents from the Pilkington collection to the exhibition. We would encourage everybody, who is able to do so, to make a little time to visit the council offices on Tooley Street to view the display this week. As Roger D suggests, we understand that the exhibition will run until 20th November.

the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  5. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

I know that the entire Pilkington Collection was saved for posterity by being scanned, is there any chance that this will be available generally for everyone to enjoy?

6. Roger D

Obviously I was granted access to the collection for the WW1 research. I seem to recall being told there is an agreement with the donors that it won't be generally released until they have sold the collection off for obvious reasons. Having said that, if you have a specific research need it would be worth asking. (I'm not sure where they are in that sales process, it was being split over numerous auctions.)

Incidentally the DHFC in WW1 book has now more than recouped its print costs. If anyone buys one, every single penny of your £6 will go straight to Twelfth Man