Deus Ex : Mankind divided

Discussion in 'gaming and consoles' started by ruffneck23, Aug 19, 2016.

1. ruffneck23

ruffneck23 Well-Known Member

Out on Tuesday , getting some really good reviews

I think il be getting it

2. stdP

stdP I never learn.

Waiting for a month or two for it to bed down a bit I think (and probably a new graphics card as well)... but DE:HR was easily my favourite FPS of the last five years or so, so I'll probably also like this.

...but all they ever do is remind me how utterly mind-bogglingly awesome the original was, and how it made even the titan of Half Life seem a bit stale from a gameplay perspective. Must go and replay it again and check it's not just rose-augmented goggles.

Almor likes this.
  3. Kid_Eternity

Kid_Eternity "You might be a lord but here comes the king."

Like the look of it but only a week and a bit into NMS so think I'll leave this till later in the year when it'll be on sale.

4. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Really, really want this but can't get it just now....PS4 VR is out in 6 weeks and I'm betting VR is the next step in gaming. Loved the first one and HR.

And certainly not wasting any money on NMS ;)

5. snadge

snadge metal alchemist

VR is about 18 months off yet, it works but not good enough.

6. stdP

stdP I never learn.

There's been a good few "day 1" and "day 3" patches to fix what seem like some fairly fundamental issues (esp. regarding mouse control), plus a lot of people upset about spending real money on disposable items in a single player game. Think I'll be waiting out on this one myself. A shame since DE:HR was in a pretty good state from day 1 IIRC.

7. DexterTCN

You've obviously not used it.

A Samsung 6 phone is currently doing awesome VR. All games will go this way.

Anyway derail. DX is awesome but I can't get this one just now.

8. Dandred

Dandred Mmmmm Beer!

9. DexterTCN

Apparently you can play this game in 4k resolution when the PS4 Pro comes out in November.

10. fishfinger

fishfinger تپلی

It'll just be scaled up - not true 4k

11. treelover

treelover Well-Known Member

What isa the open world bit like, is Prague a huge play area?

12. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

It's pretty big - easily the bigger than any area of Human Revolution. However, it's broken up into bits that you need to travel to via tube.

ruffneck23 likes this.
  13. treelover

Ah, bit like homefront the revolution, or Thief, is there lots to do, interesting, i found HR very empty? I am also not big on story in games, atmosphere, world is my thing

12.00 on steam, hovering at moment.

14. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

I really like it - sunk 52 hours into the thing so far and now starting on the DLC, but then again Human Revolution is one of my favourites games of all time.

15. treelover

I found that slightly boring, can you play it(MK) a bit of an action game, etc?

16. magneze

magneze mnemonic beef

Sort of - you can definitely go in guns blazing, but it's difficult as it's more realistic. So you go around starting shootouts and then the city police descend immediately as you might expect rather than wave after wave in a typical action game.

17. treelover

ok, prob get it, was considering rise of tomb raider, but found last one has no replayability, etc.

18. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

Playing through this ATM ..picked it up for 2 squid from crack convertors :cool: Amazing .. probably the best game in the current generation.

19. cybershot

cybershot Well-Known Member

I keep seeing it for £6 in my amazon recommendations. I think I’ll pick it up soon.

20. Ralph Llama

Ralph Llama ERROR 23 : DEFAULT MODE NETWORK COMPROMISED Banned

I would... the plot is pretty shit (as usual) but the depth is very easy to get lost in.

21. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

Project Snowblind the 'lost' Deus Ex game (originally conceived as a multi player add on) is 85% off on Steam for the next 5 hours (less than 2 quid).

22. Ming

Ming Massive prawns

2018 Review.