Detail your latest clothes and slap related purchases here #2

Discussion in 'threads and dreads' started by aqua, Jul 25, 2010.

1. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

I just ordered some things in the La Redoute sale and they gave me a referral thing that if you use it gives you 40% off or 10% on sale items. Drop me a PM if you want it, it's valid for 6 months but you have to be a new customer.

2. Lupa

Lupa It's all about the butter

So I think I may have watched too much 1940s dramas etc over Christmas. Mind you I have always loved old fashioned and vintage clothes from tge late 30s and 40s up to 1950. And I love getting a bargain. This still had its tags on. Never worn.
    Anyway... It is absolutely beautifully made. Really heavy warm, wool, fully lined skirt with inverted pleats. Gorgeous weight. Hangs beautifully. I put it on with black knee high boots and a black jumper and it really is lovely. Very grown up...lol...But my question is this. Is it too Ms Marple..? It is perfect on the waist and very warm. It hits midcalf. I think its a lifetime skirt...I'm stone mad about it. The pic doesn't do it justice.

I just don't want to look like I'm living in the past. But then again...
    20190105_144400.jpg

What do ye think?

kittyP, Plumdaff, Red Cat and 6 others like this.
  3. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

My mum got me this ring back in the summer but I haven't been able to wear it cos of work. I've been off for a while and I'm in uni until mid Feb so I can wear it!

20190105_234227.jpg

4. Me76

Me76 Not very good lurker

Gorgeous. Boots would take away from Miss Marple. As long as you don't wear it with a fairaisle cardi and flat brogues you'll be fine.

Plumdaff and Lupa like this.
  5. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Bollocks. Brogues and a fairisle cardi would be awesome! :cool:

6. Lupa

Lupa It's all about the butter

I actually have a fairisle jumper...and brown brogues *
    :oops:
    It might look just a bit over the top ....having said that I would love to have the guts to wear them all together :D

For now I'll wear black knee high boots that have a 3 inch heel and a plain top. The skirt is so well made it's unbelievable the work that has gone into it. I have never seen anything like it.

*I really should have been living in the 40s and 50s.

Eta...oh I have cream woolen stockings too... might look a bit Nora Batty though

Fedayn likes this.
  7. Edie

Edie Well-Known Member

I love your skirt Lupa and I absolutely adore women’s clothes from the 1930s :oops: I couldn’t pull it off but sure you do!

Lupa likes this.
  8. Fedayn

Fedayn Well-Known Member

A good look most definitely, but a fair isle jumper would sit better with a pair of basketweave Noregian shoes imho. Suedehead/smoothie heaven.....

Lupa likes this.
  9. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

Bought a few things this week :oops:

images.jpeg $_1.jpeg download (2).jpeg 002343213.jpeg warehouse_03234634_1.jpg

(all in sales :thumbs: )

Cloo, wayward bob, Lupa and 2 others like this.
  10. Rebelda

Rebelda Nearly as bad as Badgers

You found a white cable knit jumper! :cool:

11. Biddlybee

Biddlybee making knots with sticks

Yeh, new on ebay. 100% cotton :)

Rebelda likes this.
  12. Cloo

Cloo Surfeit of lampreys

This jumper - a bunch of my jumpers this year developed holes under arms etc and/or are frankly too tight and too short for my middle-aged belly. Tried on quite a few, but liked this one from John Lewis

[​IMG]

13. wtfftw

wtfftw Well-Known Member