Deeply racist twat Mistabishi caught miming!

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by el-ahrairah, Oct 30, 2009.

1. i don't buy that chestnut of black and brown people not liking dark, mechanical and techy sounds.

but clubs as a hole (whatever scene this is) are generally white spaces. i mean I'm brown turkish and i stick out like a sore thumb .. not that i go out anymore but that's another story...

Thimble Queen likes this.
  2. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

I spent a year in Norfolk and Suffolk recently and it's by far the most popular dance genre, the few parties I went to there were one or two BNP skinheads at them, reflecting demographics of those parts rather than the genre I think.

3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

i was just thinking the other day about how much self-imposed segregation there still seems to be in London. Or can feel like it sometimes anyhow considering the ethnic mix in London...i dont think the dream of Unity through Dance Music has failed exactly but maybe it is fizzling out just a little these days? Its been a while since ive been to a proper club tbh

well yeah i guess music made in countries/regions with small white minorities aren't going to fit into this trend...african house scene also, although that also has a large number of white producers in South Africa....although scenes like Kuduro out of Angola dont.
    How were they acting?

Reminds me of time I went to home of proto-jungle Rage in 92...sat down at the back and this guy next to me had a long fringe down to his eyebrows...off his tits he turns to me as said Hey mate, look at this: lifted up his fringe and he had Made In England tatooed on his forehead. Poor fucker. He said it with regret basically, it was clear. Fringe for life i guess.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  4. ska invita

I can only talk about the hardcore>rave>jungle>dnb scene, but i think there were a few shifts over those preceding years
    I remember some older ravers complaining in 92 about tunes like (dancehall sampling) SL2 Way In My Brain and not getting how this fitted in with 'house' or 'techno' music. And likewise there were splits of ravers who left to happy hardcore because the music got too scary/dark for them in 93, also a bunch of people leaving for the house scene around 93/94 because of (ragga influenced) jungle and then lots of people jumping to UKG in 95/96/97 as jungle got rinsed and the scene went on to get techy-er.

There were a variety of dynamics in all that which would appear to have a 'racial' element, but not always the way you'd expect them. A core group of original pioneer djs like Fabio and Grooverider complained about the ragga jungle turn for example and even campaigned behind the scenes amongst fellow djs to stop ragga jungle taking over. I'd place Rider's Prototype as a big part in championing the techno-DnB sound and its rise to dominance in 1997.

I guess a big part of this is simply about chasing the vibe over time, and depending on your tastes...ive started listening to a lot more 128bpm ish music as for me there seems to be more pure dance vibes around there than anywhere else at the moment...not catching enough good tunes in DnB..Im sure theyre out there still somewhere

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. IC3D

IC3D Post Mid Arc

Normal for Norfolk lol @ska I wouldn't have known but when I told them I was from London both times they told me they were BNP and started going on about the blacks. Ignorant fuckers. I hugged one as I was on mdma and they soon shirked off.

ska invita likes this.
  6. ska invita

thinking about MistaCunty's ramblings...how do you change peoples minds and attitudes? Mass public outrage at him appeared to force some penitence from him for a few hours but it seems he soon doubled-down.

Its not as if there wasn't racism around in 88...but for those involved raving did genuinely breakdown barriers and maybe didnt change attitudes overnight, but it definitely helped. Not enough serious thought gets given to the subject of how to get people to outgrow their prejudices. Subject for a thread maybe. I may be a rose-tinted old raver but i think the outpouring of love that the rave scene creates at times had and still has a power.

I approve of your hugging attempts! I got into a long conversation in a pub recently with a random who's a white-nationalist with nasty football/fash connections - i was pissed and my lips were loose, and I feel like we got somewhere at the end of 90 minutes, but it also made me feel depressed the next morning...

7. oh yeah i had clubs like ministry of sound and them lot in mind, that huge big room midrange trance/progressive house sound.

i love all that prototype techno shit, codename john warned, trace optical sonar, all killer.

But there's a difference between that stuff and say bad company, which has more to do with superclub sounds and dynamics imo..

i remember hospital in 08/09, it was basically mainstream club sounds streamlined into dnb, there's a netsky tune that i can't remember but basically yeah it will show what im talking about, hang on let me try and find it...

8. ah i'm going off a hospital records podcast i downloaded years ago - sorry it's nu:tone:

It's alright as it is but you can't imagine it being played in a dark basement in south east london...

miles away from the awesome neurotic vibe of stuff like this:

dBridge was still keepin it real around 2012/13, no idea whats up with him now...

9. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

10. elbows

elbows WoeTimer

The complete cunt is still going on about an ethno-cultural crimewave on his facebook. And linking to some shite video by the rebel media.