Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Deadwood

DotCommunist

slowtime
Going on my recently cemented conviction that HBO are incapable of making a bad show, I decided to watch this despite not being a big fan of westerns.

First two eps are :cool: and this will definetly keep me going till new true blood/being human/doctor who.
:cool:

Melinda

Kama roa, efshar livloa?
Jeffrey has been bigging it up for a few years now. Cant say I've been tempted though, its got Lovejoy in it.

perplexis

A change of scene, a change of style....
Ian McShane is wicked in it, Lovejoy or no Lovejoy :D
I liked the show on the whole but it weakens dramatically in the 3rd series as it appears to write itself into a hole.
The script and the acting are very strong and I enjoyed it.

DotCommunist

slowtime
ya BBC. It's the only recent show that has had me hooked, apart from trueblood and of course the horribly flawed but slowly improving Heros

Dillinger4

Es gibt Zeit
Heroes is fucking wank.

How can you mention Heroes and Deadwood in the same thread? Just imagine what Al Swearengen would say about Heroes.

Melinda

Kama roa, efshar livloa?
Ian Mcshane makes me feel slightly odd. The same off kilter/ allergic response I get when I see Nicolas Cage.

I dont think I could bring myself to watch it tbh :(

kyser_soze

Hawking's Angry Eyebrow
Heroes is fucking wank.

How can you mention Heroes and Deadwood in the same thread? Just imagine what Al Swearengen would say about Heroes.
'They're all a bunch of fucking cocksuckers out to take my money and my bar, now suck my cock cheerleader, and don't make any noise about it'

shygirl

Deadwood is fantastic! McShane's acting is superb, in fact, I can't think of a single character who doesn't put in a great performance. I've watched the first two series three times now, and get more from it each time. Never thought it would be my thing, but it blew me away.

DotCommunist

slowtime
Heroes needs to be watched purely for Sylar, awesome powers and the ever-diminishing hope that claire might get her baps out.

Deadwood seems like it's a cut above from the 2 eps I saw

Melinda

Kama roa, efshar livloa?
Heroes needs to be watched purely for Sylar, awesome powers and the ever-diminishing hope that claire might get her baps out.

Deadwood seems like it's a cut above from the 2 eps I saw
Ive not bothered with season 3 of Heroes so appalled was I by the botched second season.

I tried Dollhouse with Eliza Dushku, watched the first episode and it was godawful. Eye and ear pollution.

Technically, it made La Femme Nikita look well crafted.

kyser_soze

Hawking's Angry Eyebrow
Me too. I was always surprised at the...broadness, the solidity, of the woman playing Nikita - she wasn't fat or owt, just pretty sturdy IYSWIm