Deadpool 2

Discussion in 'books, films, TV, radio & writing' started by Shippou-Sensei, May 15, 2018.

1. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

Just watched it.

It's basically the same as the first one but with even more references and in jokes crammed in.

The hartfelt core to the movie isn't as good as the first. However it serves it's purpose as the foundation in which to lay all your action comedy.

If jokes about a certain comic book artist's inability to draw feet makes you laugh you will love this.
    Otherwise.... eh it's an ok ride even if you don't know why all the nerds suddenly started laughing.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    agricola and fishfinger like this.
  2. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

Just got back from seeing it myself - as you say the actual story bit of it isn't as good as the first one is. Then again, the first one didn't make me laugh as much as this one did.

3. T & P

T & P |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

I'll watch it. Liked the first one, and it is a welcome satire of the increasingly tedious myriad of superhero films that have taken over the cinema industry in the last decade. And the various marketing stunts are pretty amusing. Well, some of them... the Man United one was a bit cringeworthy.

4. Shippou-Sensei

Shippou-Sensei 4:1:2.5

I kinda agree with this review

Structure is worse. Everything else hits harder.

5. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Well...it probably has the best cocaine-taking joke ever. And Basic Instinct reference.

Really enjoyed this. Would easily watch again.

agricola likes this.
  6. DexterTCN

DexterTCN Well-Known Member

Also...another Matt Damon cameo! (and Alan Tudyk?)

And the kid that plays the cereal kid is the same kid that plays young David in Legion the tv show.