Dartford vs Dulwich Hamlet, Sat. 20/10/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Oct 8, 2018.

1. editor

editor hiraethified

Bumnuggetscluster. :( :(

2. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

3. planetgeli

planetgeli There's no future in England's dreaming

Shitfuckbollocks.

4. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

100% not a penalty, watched it back and Philpot hurdles Preston. Preston even said that after it was awarded, Philpot told him he dived. Referee has been shown and has apologised, too bad it is too late :mad::mad::mad:

5. bkbk

bkbk Well-Known Member

That will frustrate but we'll play worse and pick up three points this season. Gifted them their second goal (and even then it looked like a dive, admittedly I was a long way away) and from then on it was an tough task.

Some really strong performers in Taylor, Vose, Green.

6. sleaterkinney

sleaterkinney Well-Known Member

20181020_170027.jpg

According to one of the Dartford fans it wasn't a penalty.
    We showed a good bit of fight to get back in the game. Carew didn't do much.

Nivag likes this.
  7. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

Pfffft.

darryl and Nivag like this.
  8. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

The ref missed a few blatant fouls and gave goal kicks for corners and vice versa.

I thought Quade Taylor had a great game. Pity the midfield couldn't match it.

9. StephenMac

Truth be told, if Magnus hadn't stupidly dived in like it was Sunday league then the bloke gets nowhere near Preston anyway.

pettyboy likes this.
  10. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

I was standing at that end, it looked like a clear handball led to the goal.

Pink Panther likes this.
  11. the 12th man

the 12th man Well-Known Member

Taylor was fantastic today and a few others put a shift in. Must say the corner kicks and free kicks from Carew were woeful........

Moroccan Sunset and baleboy_93 like this.
  12. baleboy_93

baleboy_93 Well-Known Member

Not Magnus’s fault, he was put in a bad position by a shocking pass from Ferguson, he had to try and make that tackle, Gavin attaches no blame to Okuonghae

StephenMac likes this.
  13. StephenMac

Maybe you're right but it looked rash to me. We need someone to film the games so we can watch them back during the week.

14. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Great attendance 1,500
    maybe 300 plus Hamlet
    robbed by the ref
    some good football from us

15. EDC

6F87C3BC-2EC4-412E-8879-4877D7BF46EF.jpeg

Pink Panther likes this.
  16. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Can echo a lot of whats already been said. Thought Taylor was great today, put in some greag tackles. Also didnt think the pen was a pen at the time, didnt look like there was any contact. He hurdled him expecting it. Though saying that im sure he could have manufactured contact easily enough.

Really enjoyed the away day though. A nice stadium, even if it was built by the tories and you couldnt drink in the terrace, and a really really pleasant walk to the stadium. Like the big wooden fella as well.

17. EDC

Lots of kids in attendance too, seems a good family club.

PartisanDulwich and Pink Panther like this.
  18. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

Nice to see Jamie Coyle's high standards of cheating are being passed on to his players.

This is really disappointing to hear. To be honest, I thought we were pretty turgid today and Dartford deserved the win, but to be beaten by shameless cheating is beyond galling.

Quade was exceptional today, our best player on the pitch. We desperately miss Kargbo - Vose and Ferguson play with so much more freedom when they know they have a natural bruiser sat behind them, protecting the backline. I don't know why we don't get Onovwigun back - surely he's fit by now and he's the only other capable of doing the defensive midfield role while Kargbo is out. Didn't think we created enough today and Dipo and Kingsley looked like they were feeding off scraps.

Have to say I feel like there's quite a bit of dead wood in the side. Carew looks past it and as the 12th man says his corners were pitiful, Cook was at times anonymous, Guimares didn't play today but looks so far out of his depth when he does appear, Tomlin in fairness made a difference today, but has looked spent for the last few months. I don't know where Kamara is but hopefully he doesn't resurface for the same reasons. I know money's a massive issue but we could do with freshening it up a bit, I think.

Coyle's a cheat and I hate losing to cheats. Roll on to next week's circus. With a bit of luck we'll piss Tamplin off so much he'll snort himself into oblivion in the toilets.

19. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

I thought we were the better side today and were very unfortunate to not get at least a point. Quade especially was magnificent! We continue to struggle a bit in both boxes conceding two very soft goals - even if neither of them should have stood - and not being penetrating enough at the other end. I agree that Carew's delivery today was very poor save for one great free kick. Cook seems either unable or unwilling to go past his man and looks quite ineffective on the wing; I'd go for Nyren every time there for his ability to beat his his man and his goalscoring record. I thought Dipo had a good game and even though he had a couple of unsuccessful pot shots from distance - after his great goal - I'm encouraged that he had the confidence to try. For all our possession we don't have enough shots at goal for my liking!

Pink Panther likes this.
  20. pinknblue

pinknblue Active Member

...and it is a fab ground!

21. Il Postino Max

Il Postino Max New Member

Handball. How did the referee or the linesman not see that!! Scandalous

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  22. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

You lot should have knocked over a wall.

23. Pink Panther

Smashing a solar panel would have been more realistic at that ground.

24. Pink Panther

It beggars belief that he missed it. It was fairly clear from the other end of the ground and he was only a few yards away in a good position.

25. chris gil

chris gil making football club owners cry since 1893

I saw a hand touch the ball from the other end of the ground , how couldn’t the ref , that’s really annoying

editor likes this.
  26. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Really?

The Non League Paper write up suggests Dartford deserved the win. I must have been watching a different game!

27. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

Unless it's the main game it'll be a home report. Most will be always be biased.

the 12th man and Pink Panther like this.
  28. DonkeyAssessor

DonkeyAssessor Well-Known Member

Cook turned and roasted his man once, was fouled and we scored from the free kick. But he didnt take him on again , which I felt strange. He may have been feeling the knock of course.

29. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

My impression of Cook's performance in the first half was he hugged the wing well but just didn't get the service, in second half they seemed wise to what he could do but thought he should have tried more running at them too.

30. cg__

cg__ Active Member

Having just watched the highlights, both decisions are really quite poor from the ref. First one looks like a clear handball and that pen decision is such a blatant dive. He just collapses before Preston gets anywhere near him. I could see that from the other end of the pitch, lord knows how the ref missed that.

I didn't think we were that great across the whole game, bar a few short spells, but it's quite annoying to lose a game to 2 such poor refereeing decisions

the 12th man likes this.