Dartford vs Dulwich Hamlet, Sat. 20/10/18

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by Dulwich Mishi, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Dulwich Mishi

Dulwich Mishi Old Skool Terrace Dinosaur-embracing the new-veau!

As we both now have a blank Saturday this match has been brought forward from Tuesday 30th October, as confirmed on the official Dartford website.

2. Dulwich Mishi

Although I've just been told they have 'technically' jumped the gun, as if the National League have confirmed it, they have yet to confirm it with ourselves, although we're in favour of it. But assume it has been confirmed.

chris gil and Pink Panther like this.
  3. bringbackelmo

bringbackelmo Well-Known Member

Argh, was hoping to get to this one on the original date but won't be able to if it gets moved. Great little ground at Dartford.

4. Dulwich Mishi

Same here, but there you go. Shall, at least go there, when we play the FA Youth Cup game. Groundwise, I think it flatters to deceive for a new build. Very low sightlines, shallow ground for spectators, in my view. But still not a bad ground.

5. Griff_Turnstile

Griff_Turnstile Agenda confused turnstile operator

764ADF54-7DEA-4052-B6CA-579DC96CEE2A.jpeg Actually rather glad about this switch. What with work the 20th was the only Dulwich game of any type I could make in the month of October ☹️. Hopefully Dartford has gained a lit bit of character since my last trip there when I found it rather soulless, more like a conference centre inside though had barely been open a season then. Fortunately don’t have to worry about there no smoking policy anymore Can see a bit of conflict in some fans eyes what with the grounds green credentials along with the “built by a conservative council” banner if it’s still there!!

6. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Bugger. Me too. Have been looking forward to this one all season but am committed to the People's Vote march now.

Strangely, my DHFC google calendar has moved it to the 16th. Wish that were true.

7. B.I.G

B.I.G Well-Known Member

That’s the youth team game.

8. Dirty South

Dirty South Active Member

Ah. OK. Ta.

9. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

One of our most local matches, the ground is on the south eastern side of the town centre around 15 minutes walk from the train station. Map linked with ground arrowed:

Location Map.

Nine trains an hour from London Bridge, the fastest services take around 30 minutes. Also a direct half hourly service from Victoria calling at Denmark Hill, Peckham Rye, Nunhead. (Journey time from Denmark Hill is 38 minutes, departing at 16 & 46 past the hour.) Dartford is now within the Oystercard Zone but outside Zone 6 so "special fares apply".

10. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

You still use Streetmap?!

11. Pink Panther

What should I be using instead? I'm familiar with Streetmap and it works for me.

darryl and Jamie Wyatt like this.
  12. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

I used to be a big fan of Streetview but it's really showing its age now. Google Maps is a lot, lot, lot slicker and does a great job of transport directions.

Google Maps

13. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

An A-Z if you're old school :hmm:

14. PartisanDulwich

PartisanDulwich Well-Known Member

Didn't Dartford's goalkeeper score the winning goal in their last match - so lets hope that's all their luck used up

15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

The U18s did their bit and comfortably beat Dartford 3-0 in the FA Youth Cup tonight. Same again Saturday would be nice.

Pink Panther and editor like this.
  16. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

I rather like their ground! And if we ever get a new ground I'd like ours to be similar!

17. pinknblue

pinknblue Well-Known Member

I saw Dartford play at Oxford City in the 2ndQ round of the Cup and they looked a poor side. Very vulnerable defensively as they lost 4-1.

18. Pink Panther

They're now managed by former Hamlet captain Jamie Coyle, who replaced the long serving Tony Burman in the summer after they'd finished 2nd on goal difference.

19. Nivag

Nivag Well-Known Member

Yup, it's the 2nd time he's done it.

20. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

21. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

22. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

Pubs in the area for a lovely Oyster card awayday: Ale fans may enjoy the Dartford Jug micropub on Market Street (The Dartford Jug - not been myself); there is also an amazing-looking Spoons called The Flying Boat (worth a visit just to gawp at it). The Stage Door in Hythe Street, near the station, is good for a Shepherd Neame pub.

On the way there/back, there is the cracking Kentish Belle micropub next to Bexleyheath station and Penny Farthing about 10 minutes' walk from Crayford station (96 bus to/from Dartford). Also the Hackney Carriage v close to Sidcup station.

23. Pink Panther

I use that on my smartphone when I'm out and about, but I like to plan ahead and look at a map on a big screen before I travel, sometimes printing it off, and I still like Streetmap for that.

No one is more old school than me when it comes to an A-Z. I have almost 40 covering various towns, cities and counties.

20181018_183639.jpg

24. Pink Panther

Another option for CAMRA members is Dartford Working Men's Club in Essex Road (DA1 2AU) close to the station. I've never been but it has 15 beers on handpump and a very good reputation. CAMRA members are admitted as guests and other friends of mine have managed to blag their way in with locals.

Oh, and I found a few more street atlases on another shelf that I missed out of the last photo:

20181019_115745.jpg

25. Jules P

Jules P #noprestonnoparty

Can't make this one... blame GeriatricMascot's mum (it's her birthday!). Will try and listen to baleboy_93!

See you all at the next one!

baleboy_93 and Pink Panther like this.
  26. Pink Panther

1-0, Akinyemi, 19 minutes. Absolute thunderbolt from 20 yards.

editor and planetgeli like this.
  27. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Up the Hamlet! I was all set to go to this but the second DJ/band late night in a row meant that sleep won....

28. Pink Panther

Bugger. 1-1 right on half time.

29. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

Bumnuggets :(

30. Pink Panther

1-2 down, penalty.