1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'music, bands, clubs & festies' started by ska invita, Feb 19, 2012.

1. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Hello D!

anthem - massive tune bitd :cool:
    Funded By Drugs ;)
    not full on horror core but nice and moody, this is the Sound Corp tune i cant stop playing this year

dont know if you know this D, but snowballs where this batch of fucked up "Es" that were around in 93, and sent everyone round the bend... people speculated what they were cut with, and years later I found this on the internet:

"Snowballs, a notorious brand of Ecstasy, consisted of very strong pure MDA which came from a government laboratory in Latvia! After splitting from the Soviet Union, Latvia needed Western currency and had the advantage of no drug laws, so they joined up with a German businessman to produce MDA for export as Ecstasy. This went well for a couple of years until a consignment of 10 million tablets was intercepted in Frankfurt airport, since when MDA has been rare."

So MDA rather than MDMA. Too strong those things...definitely had an influence on where the music went

Do you know the B SIde, Can I Dream? Thats a bad ass tune too

Another tune ive been playing a lot recently....Classical
    Peshay - Gangster
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. dialectician

dialectician Well-Known Member

wagwun ska. :)

my favourite is this one

murky drone, grimey chord, and that deep organ, as well as that second breakdown. experimental shit. played this to a grime dj mate of mine and he loved it.

Ah yes! do u remember those slammin vinyl absolute hardcore releases? first introduction to this stuff in my hetty soulseek youth. this track was on one of them.

Not dark, taking some liberties here but this was also on one of the slammin releases. fuckin' belter.

Haha I've heard stories.

All about murder style for me, with bizzy B! i mean talk about fucked up mentasms and he's gotta be up there!
  3. dialectician

Link down, do you have it mate?
  4. dialectician

looking for a couple of ids from this dev/null set if anyone knows

track at 5:03

track at 17:19 before dark stranger.

Track at

Many thanks!
  5. rutabowa

rutabowa YUPPIES OUT

only just heard this (thanks youtube auto dj), what a tune:
    ska invita likes this.
  6. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

wicked tune, as is the remix , as good.
    inane fact: the im drowning sample (Frankie Knucles Tears) is "Im Drowning" forwards and then reversed, not actually saying In Her
    Really brilliant interview on Tone Def that I saw recently Gone To A Rave: Tone Def - From Balearic To Jungle <great label, and seems like a nice guy

Ive been playing this Tone Def one a lot recently...1992

(ETA: in fact i already posted it on this page :facepalm:)