Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace urged to condemn Democratic Football Lads Alliance

editor

hiraethified
What fresh hell is this?

Crystal Palace football club has been called on to denounce the Democratic Football Lads Alliance (DFLA), amid concerns that the group is trying to organise among supporters at Selhurst Park.

An open letter signed by three local MPs, as well as the leader of the Croydon council, warns the DFLA has begun spreading its “message of racism, Islamophobia, anti-migrant sentiment and violence” through a Crystal Palace branch.

DFLA stickers incorporating the club’s logo have begun appearing across Croydon, including in the area around Selhurst Park stadium, activists say. On Facebook, a closed Crystal Palace DFLA group has almost 500 members.
Crystal Palace urged to condemn Democratic Football Lads Alliance

alsoknownas

some bloke
I wonder if this publicity is good or bad for the group
I agree. They turned up around 6 months ago for a couple of home games. Straight away there was an opposition group out leafleting, and I never saw their faces again. Concerned this article might embolden them a bit.
These little shits briefly stepped forward during the time that the HF were boycotting matches as a group. Doubt they would try to raise their voices inside the ground now.

alsoknownas

some bloke
There's a Crystal Palace FLAF group
Yep, pretty sure that's who turned up subsequently with A4 leaflets and quite a match day presence. Never saw the fash mugs after that. I don't think I kept their literature unfortunately.

Incidentally, I did engage verbally briefly with the DFLA lot when I first spotted them. It's such a slippery setup. They claim to be opposing 'paedophilia by all peoples' (which is really a gateway to islamaphobia), concerned about unemployment (gateway to immigration fear-mongering), etc. They weren't going to be straighforward about anything. I've read about a couple of people being sucked in without realising they were getting involved with fascists. Fortunately they had the sense to scarper once they sussed it.

The39thStep

Yep, pretty sure that's who turned up subsequently with A4 leaflets and quite a match day presence. Never saw the fash mugs after that. I don't think I kept their literature unfortunately.

Incidentally, I did engage verbally briefly with the DFLA lot when I first spotted them. It's such a slippery setup. They claim to be opposing 'paedophilia by all peoples' (which is really a gateway to islamaphobia), concerned about unemployment (gateway to immigration fear-mongering), etc. They weren't going to be straighforward about anything. I've read about a couple of people being sucked in without realising they were getting involved with fascists. Fortunately they had the sense to scarper once they sussed it.
They, the DFLA, were a mixed bunch but they've pretty much declined/been whittled down to their hardcore who are at best selective racists, unionists and vehemently anti left .The CP-DFLA twitter account has made an appearance recently CPFC DFLA (@CpfcDfla) | Twitter

GarveyLives

What fresh hell is this?
Irrespective of the composition of those on the terraces (and those in charge of the football industry), the residential and shopping area around the stadium at Selhurst Park is, like the composition of those on the pitch representing the club, (curently) multi-racial.

One hopes that the incident reported yesterday by a member of the club's own staff does not represent the shape of things to come:

Crystal Palace doctor 'racially abused' in front of his kids - by a THREE-YEAR-OLD