Crystal Palace/Sydenham/Penge Chitter Chatter

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by FoxyRed, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

That place has improved in recent months :)

2. komodo

komodo Well-Known Member

The food in Reunion is fine and the garden at the back as lovely as ever.

Guineveretoo likes this.
  3. discobastard

discobastard Well-Known Member

That is indeed a shame, more than once I went in for their BCM - beans, cheese and marmite on granary toast :thumbs:

oryx likes this.
  4. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

Yes, I used to like that! BCM is very easy to replicate at home and became one of my favourite working-from-home lunches.

I enjoyed Domali occasionally when I worked in CP. Also liked the enormous veggie sausage and salad sarnies. That was a frighteningly long time ago though...

5. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

The food in The White Hart is really good. We go about once a month for the quiz and I've never had a duff meal there :thumbs:

hash tag and discobastard like this.
  6. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

I’ve had several duff (vegetarian) meals there over the years but, as I say, they’ve certainly improved.

colacubes likes this.
  7. gaijingirl

gaijingirl Well-Known Member

I'm the same as you. I used to go there quite a bit years ago when I was working nearby and then occasionally after and it was always busy. I've no idea why they decided to relaunch and the whole buggy-gate thing when they seemed to be doing fine.

8. RubyToogood

RubyToogood can't remember what goes here

Really? I hate it. They're a total chain (Mitchell and Butler like the Commercial in HH) and it's all out of the freezer and then microwaved etc. Treat yourselves and try the Sparrowhawk some time.

I used to like the White Hart but got fed up of the relentlessly crap veggie menu options.