Crystal Palace Friendly - October 11th, 7pm KO, Imperial Fields

Discussion in 'Dulwich Hamlet FC' started by YTC, Sep 25, 2018.

1. YTC

YTC Human Man

Makes up for the lack of pre season!

2. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Finally! well done all who got this to happen. Can't wait, hopefully a decent turn out.

YTC likes this.
  3. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

Well done to everyone at the club who made this happen. I'm sure it will raise much needed cash.

...But...to me, this doesn't make up for preseason. I certainly won't be coming down on a Thursday night to see a palace 11, certainly lacking any serious players who they won't risk during the season, play (I'll donate to the 12th Man instead). I suspect im not the only one.

Just saying, this doesn't wipe the slate clean as far as Palace are concerned for me.

(Disclaimer: I was raised as a Charlton fan, so maybe nothing ever will)

Noss likes this.
  4. YTC

YTC Human Man

It will be a team of first teamers, with Roy on the sidelines. They don't have another game until the 20th.

Respect your annoyance though, The 12th Man will be happy to take your donation! :)

GregDHFC and Moroccan Sunset like this.
  5. MrFouldsy

MrFouldsy Active Member

Greg - I agree with your sentiments about Palace in pre-season, but i think we're only hurting ourselves staying away. Good of you to put into 12th Man instead, others may not - not by design. Also - why not enjoy the match and see your mates? Why should Palaces earlier behaviour take that away from you? Finally - and not least - some people have worked damd hard to make this happen. Back them.

I hope you'll reconsider!

blueheaven, pettyboy, Ronco and 4 others like this.
  6. Pink Panther

Pink Panther Well-Known Member

I don't know the details of why a Palace fixture didn't happen in pre-season, but our squad was on an overseas tour in mid-July, Palace had an overseas tour, we're using Tooting's ground and most of their pre-season games were elsewhere including the adjacent 3G pitch, so I suspect there will have been a very limited range of mutually agreeable dates.

The match is happening now and hopefully it will also be of interest to enough Palace supporters to help us make it a positive occasion.

7. GregDHFC

GregDHFC Well-Known Member

If it is first teamers, I take it all back. I saw it described as a "Palace XI" on twitter, which usually means the kids in preseason.

YTC likes this.
  8. Moroccan Sunset

Moroccan Sunset Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this. Well done to all those that got it sorted!

YTC and Pink Panther like this.
  9. pettyboy

pettyboy Well-Known Member

Couldn't care less how young or inexperienced the team Palace put out are. It's a great gesture that goes a long way to help our club and to repair any ill will left over from the summer.

Kudos to everyone involved in getting this game organised!

Ronco, Jimbob73, YTC and 2 others like this.
  10. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Will be there! (in red and blue)

sealion likes this.
  11. Jimbob73

Jimbob73 The Wanley Road Massive

Got my ticket. Plus I'll put an extra coin in the 12th man bucket too for every Charlton fan who posts on here saying they wont come :thumbs:

ffsear and GregDHFC like this.
  12. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

I won't come.

13. clog

clog she seems to like to nitpick and moan a lot

Not a Charlton fan but hey, if it means you put an extra quid in then all good.

14. Matt The Cab

Matt The Cab Live it like you love it

[​IMG]

I'm a Charlton fan & I won't come

15. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

I'm 200 Charlton fans and you can count us out too.

16. EDC

EDC A Slightly Less Invisible Cyber Fan These Days

Liked Bobby despite the silly hair but not Jackie, so that’s a pound for me too.

17. Pink Panther

Heston and his NRA mates were complete bastards.

Dulwich Mishi, EDC and Cyclodunc like this.
  18. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Charlton Heston was in Ben Hur. You've got the film!

19. darryl

darryl this wasn't supposed to happen

I'm not coming because I'll be writing a piece for Charlton's fanzine about the Champion Hill situation, so that's got to be worth at least a fiver.

StephenMac likes this.
  20. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

What was the ill-will stuff about? As a Palace fan this is the first I've heard about it. Did we cancel a game or something?

21. Pink Panther

Dulwich were expecting to play Palace in pre-season but no date was scheduled.

alsoknownas likes this.
  22. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Ah, I see.

23. Son of Roy

Son of Roy Kiss My Shiny Metal Ass

Are we selling tickets online?

24. StephenMac

StephenMac Well-Known Member

25. Cat Daisy

Cat Daisy New Member

Yes, got one that way earlier today. May not be able to get to the match in the end but hopefully every fiver helps.

26. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

I don’t think I’m giving any secrets away by mentioning that we’ll have the Pop-up Bar operating on Thursday evening and it should be back in the function room rather than at the far end of the ground as we were for the Chippenham match (although personally I quite liked it down there!)

It’ll be Southey’s finest on offer again so please do your best to drink it all before kick-off so I can watch the game.

27. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

Where is the function room?

Am I right with the following assumption:

Do pop up bar takings go to us whereas the main bar takings go to T&M?

Blitzwalker and the 12th man like this.
  28. Blitzwalker

Blitzwalker Well-Known Member

The function room is the large behind glass area on pitchside as you walk into the ground from the turnstiles.

Correct, all profits from Pop-up Bar go to the 12th Man.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  29. Northants Dal

Northants Dal Well-Known Member

30. Effra Eyes

Effra Eyes Well-Known Member

Anyone know what it's a 7pm Kick Off rather than 7.45? Given that people will be coming after work and Imperial Fields is a bit of a schlep from most of London, seems a tad early.