1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2017/18

Discussion in 'football' started by SE25, Jun 26, 2017.

1. SE25

SE25 1 sec lemme chat about road

A new manager, a new thread? Fuck it, why not

Frank de Boer is our new manager on a three year deal, coming with the promise of doing the passing and pressing like what the foreigns do and playing the yoof. Seems the transfer budget is smaller than usual thanks to the owners spending 40 odd mill in January and the wage bill getting a bit (very) high so young players with potential for signings I reckon. Hopefully we have one season without a bloody relegation battle (as fun as the last one was with the wins over Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool as usual). Up the Palace!

[​IMG]

ska invita likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

Thread title is wrong. It should read Crystal palace 2010 or is that 2000 ?

bromley likes this.
  3. passenger

passenger up and down...

Should really be the road Europe and how many managers can we get through.

sealion likes this.
  4. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

You're going down with the Terriers :D

bromley and sealion like this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

New season, new thread, new manager, about bloody time.

Don't knock the terriers! Their chairman made long standing season ticket holders a pledge many seasons ago about selling season tickets for £100 and it looks like he is sticking to his word. This is a breath of fresh air when you consider many clubs do everything they can to milk every last brass farthing out of their fans.

upload_2017-6-26_19-24-18.jpeg

6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

7. BCBlues

Arsenal fans favourite time of the season.

Seriously it's great to see Huddersfield back in the top flight. Hard to predict how they will do, they might catch a few teams out.

Same with yourselves I suppose, new manager new tactics, new mentality.

Roll on August eh :)

passenger likes this.
  8. sealion

They will go barking if that happens.

upload_2017-6-26_20-47-50.jpeg

BCBlues and bromley like this.
  9. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see De Boer's face on the first day of the season when Damian Delaney attempts a 50 meter hoof ball up to Benteke

Badgers, sealion and bromley like this.
  10. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

:D:D

sealion likes this.
  11. sealion

:D You old cynic.

12. BCBlues

images.jpeg

Palace must be attractive - De Boer

He needs to buy some Bic Shavers then , most of the squad looked like this last year

13. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Its Hammock Time

call me crazy but i'm gonna follow this thread. I support palace by way of dna but have not been watching the soap opera of late. been watching it on and off for over 50 years though. So whos this De Boer ?

chelsea being ahead has triggered me :D memories of a first day at infants and another 4 year old on my table hitting me over the head with a ruler because i said i supported palace not chelsea. Do they even give 4 year olds rulers these days..

14. BCBlues

ice-is-forming likes this.
  15. ice-is-forming

ice-is-forming Its Hammock Time

Oh haha :p imperial of course ;)

16. passenger

passenger up and down...

You're very welcome ice-is-forming you will see we have a higher grade
    of poster on this thread

17. Maggot

Maggot .

Their chairman is Chris de Burgh?

18. SE25

bit rich coming from you lot

Frank de Boer was a player for Ajax, Barca and a few other teams, was very highly rated as well. Went on to manage Ajax and win 4 league titles then to Inter where he failed and was sacked in 84 days, though there were many problems there and no manager seems to last these days. Been linked to the Liverpool and Spurs jobs in the past and is one of the managers who follows Johan Cruijff's ideals (controlling games, defending from the front - high pressing in other words and developing youth). Ajax fans say the football was exciting to start with but turned into sideways passing with crossing relied on to create chances, a bit like LVG at Man United. He didn't really have much money to work with there though compared to at Palace, even this summer where the club have said they'll be spending less it's more than he would have at Ajax. IMO it's an exciting appointment as he's so un Palace and by far the highest profile, most progressive manager we have appointed in decades. Think the fans will need to be patient though as he teaches them the concept of passing it around a bit...

Maggot likes this.
  19. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

"Highest profile", even when compared to the recently departed ex England manager who was all over the front and back pages not so long ago?
    Incidentally, I see that we won't be able to keep Sakho; too much money.

sealion likes this.
  20. SE25

yep, he did much more as a player and has actually won stuff unlike Sam (not knocking the big man)

LFC will compromise on Sakho imo

21. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

22. SE25

Parasites? Guess that rules out Jordon Mutch getting any game time this season

23. passenger

passenger up and down...

Just a quick update on the first friendly of the season
    1 Maidstone United v Crystal Palace 3

X 2 Jordon Mutch x1 Jacob Berkeley
    match sold out

hash tag likes this.
  24. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Every time, always you lot.
    FB_IMG_1500407758429.jpg

passenger and hash tag like this.
  25. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

I see we lost to the scousers 2-0 earlier today in the Premier League Asia cup in China :(
    Still, less than a month now until the serious business gets under way :thumbs:
    Feeling strangely optomistic

passenger and Badgers like this.
  26. passenger

passenger up and down...

The last time I said that about a season we lost 1-6 at home to Liverpool 94 - 95 season :(

27. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

And when you see what happened last night :facepalm:

28. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

29. passenger

passenger up and down...

Playing Dulwich Hamlet tonight as the season edges closer, no one is quite sure
    what sort of team we will be putting out ?

30. passenger

passenger up and down...