1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2016/2017

Discussion in 'football' started by ffsear, Jun 15, 2016.

1. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

How much money have palace spent on your state of the art stadium recently ?

bromley likes this.
  2. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Will need to spend now that they've found a fan base.

3. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

:D:D:D:D:D

Top, top response. That's a bitch slapdown right there.

alsoknownas likes this.
  4. sealion

They won't. it's all gone on wages and bonuses to the crook.

5. co-op

6. co-op

The thing is I prefer SP to all those plastic box Wonderstadiums that we are supposed to love. But I know you can't admit that or you'll have to admit that the old Den was better than the new one. The old one was special, the new one has all the personality of a paper cup.

7. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I imagine that if we do have an open-top bus parade it might be to celebrate a bit more than finishing second in the second tier.

8. sealion

I loved and still love the Den. It was where i first watched football and got the bug. It was a shithole but it was our shithole and it was unique. I still don't consider our place as home and yes like most new stadia it is pretty bland. It was special because of the people and the era that we were in. The things that happened and the things we got up to couldn't/wouldn't happen today and in general football crowds have been sanitized beyond recognition.

9. sealion

So bitter :D

bromley likes this.
  10. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

:D Just seems a bit weird.

11. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Not that weird when you consider how close they were to the conference, obviously planned before the villa game!

Weirdest was Wednesday's town hall celebration, they even created a second place third division _60131336_sheff.jpg trophy! :D

Attached Files:

12. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Yeah. What would the Prem be like without the Autumn Palace Push to dislodge West Brom and Saints from the "we nearly got into Europe" boast.

sealion and bromley like this.
  13. co-op

Seriously mate, not bitter at all the Brighton choke has been fucking hilarious, even by their standards.

A whole season on Newcastle's shoulder, both teams clearly destined for the Prem from about Xmas, they come off the last curve into the finishing straight, they open up, Newcastle wilt under the pressure, start dropping silly points, Brighton keep striding, they're 7 points clear 3 games to go....and then they screw it.

It was almost impossible to blow, I wasn't even watching, in fact I only heard via a gloating email from a friend. Even when they get into the Prem after 1000 years of hurt, it really should have been a bad day fr a Palace fan & they still managed to give us a good laugh. Fuck knows what that club did in a past life, everything is pain for them in this one.

bromley likes this.
  14. co-op

Bottom end of the Prem is the only bit of that whole shithouse worth watching. Top end is the dullest thing since F1.

ffsear likes this.
  15. sealion

:D They have been promoted ffs. You lot scraped it via the play offs, are you angry that you never won the league that season ?
    upload_2017-5-15_17-30-27.jpeg

Yeah yeah :D

bromley likes this.
  16. sealion

Yep, Getting walloped by Swansea ,Sunderland and Burnley must have been gripping stuff.

BCBlues likes this.
  17. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Just wait until we see the moaners away on Sunday :thumbs:

18. sealion

A game the Mourinho is willing to lose. United are even money to beat you. That should tell you how serious they are about winning the game.

19. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Don't forget the thrilling FA Cup run that started with a 0-0 draw against Bolton :D

bromley likes this.
  20. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Just another scalp to add to that of Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal..................:D;)

sealion likes this.
  21. sealion

Not forgetting those pulsating 1-0 and 3-0 defeats to west ham. # Bottom is best.

22. sealion

I will give you Chelsea but the other two you can gtf mate. Chelsea is a scalp the others are stray pubes :D

BCBlues and hash tag like this.
  23. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

SSssssssshhhhh, please. I am married to a Hamster. We were together in the Palace end for the play off final in Cardiff a few years back though :D:thumbs:

BCBlues likes this.
  24. co-op

:D

Seriously that promotion still rates as one of the best ever.

But I was shitting it when we made it into the plays off. We had great players that year but Holloway clearly didn't know how to use them and we would be great one week, terrible the next, we were edge of play offs or in the top 6 most of the season but never looked like a real candidate for promotion. We lost 0-4 at home to Birmingham that April, when we bad, we were awful.

Then we got BHA in the first leg of the POs and I swear most Palace fans thought we would get battered, I went to the home game and just prayed we didn't get smashed out of any chance, 0-2, 0-3, would have been horrible, having to go down there and watch them cakewalk through to the PO final against us. In the end we got a perfectly acceptable 0-0, played just well enough. Their fans celebrated like it was a job done, just the formalities. Down at the Amex their announcer was begging people on the PA not to run on the pitch at the end cos it was new and they didn't want to damage it, they absolutely had it as a coronation. And we beat them 0-2, it was a beautiful night for us and their worst nightmare come true.

I wouldn't change a thing, not even poo-gate.

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  25. sealion

:eek:

26. tommers

tommers Yourdisco needs you

That's very sweet but somebody should probably call the RSPCA

27. co-op

Another beauty. The hamsters were so overconfident that day. I remember asking a group of them before why they were so sure they'd win because when I looked through the first 11s they looked the same to me, maybe Palace a bit better, the only players I really wanted out of theirs was Etherington and Mullins, maybe Zamora over Shipps. And they were all completely unbelieving as though they were literally certain to win. We totally outplayed them on the day.

Now I want to see @Sealion defend the 'ammers.

28. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

She has never been ill treated.

29. sealion

Have you taken her to a palace home game ?

30. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Oh yes, of course, and to real glamour ties, like stockport away.