1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2016/2017

Discussion in 'football' started by ffsear, Jun 15, 2016.

1. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Would have been quite an accumulator.

2. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Well really the Palace way is to be doing what Swansea are doing; put together quite a good little burst of form only to see it completely eclipsed by two other teams and mean we go down anyway. You have to feel a bit sorry for them, who could have seen Palace and Hull turning into the two form teams in the division?

passenger and Sea Lion like this.
  3. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

We did give them 6 points!

4. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Just had a look.. £10 on palace to beat Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool paid £3,670 (best odds).. We were as big as 10/1 to beat Chelsea!!

passenger, Maggot and alsoknownas like this.
  5. co-op

Mate I got 12-1 on us beating Chelsea! I put a fiver on just because of the odds, never because I actually thought we'd win.

ffsear likes this.
  6. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

4/1 to beat a deflated Spurs :eek:

7. co-op

I think Spurs will do us; we got lucky against Chelsea but we did outplay both Liverpool and Arsenal but the the fact is both of them are do-able teams this season. I was surprised how pedestrian both of them were. Spurs are much more dynamic and my guess is that on any normal game we will lose to them. 4-1 isn't enough to tempt me.

passenger and Sea Lion like this.
  8. passenger

passenger up and down...

I think Sam might rest a few for spurs , played four matches in under two weeks at the end of the season etc.. thinking a win at home, to a Burnley team who are not great on road.

9. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

I see we are live again Saturday evening. I can't say I am sorry to see the nob Barton is not playing; saying that The Clarets might be more controlled and settled without him!

"Mamadou Sakho (knee) was taken off on a stretcher against Tottenham, though scans show the damage is worse than first feared."
    Not good, but reckon our season is pretty much over now. Big question is will Sakho be kicking off the next season with us?

10. hash tag

11. Sea Lion

Sea Lion If you can't dance just nod your head

Doing bird for doing a bird. What a thick gutless cunt.

ffsear, BigMoaner and passenger like this.
  12. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

The charges for throwing a punch toward a bird which didn't connect were dropped and the sentence was due to other stuff.

13. Sea Lion

He's had a fucking result,,,Banned from watching Charlton for 6 years. Still a cunt all the same.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  14. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Ha, a better punishment would have been a season ticket! Seriously though, all violent thugs need locking up.

Sea Lion likes this.
  15. editor

editor Taffus Maximus

BigMoaner and bromley like this.
  16. hash tag

Gawd, what a match tonight...off out to dinner!

17. passenger

passenger up and down...

Shame really a win would have made us 100% safe still looking over our shoulders
    you just never know with Palace far play to Burnley with there first away win.

18. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Bad weekend for Palace. Swansea's draw is significant I feel. Means they need two wins and a draw to overhaul us - very doable looking at their (short term) form and fixtures. Would have been a much less likely 3 wins otherwise.

Palace have looked shorn of confidence since Sahko's injury, beaten in all 3 halves we've played really. It's not hard to imagine us losing our remaining 3 games.

If that does happen Hull will overtake us for sure.

I think the Swansea - Everton game is going to be massive. Biggest chance for a resurgent Swansea to drop points.

19. Sea Lion

This spirit is unbreakable.

tommers, BigMoaner and bromley like this.
  20. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yes, well, unfortunately our defence is not at the moment ;).

Sea Lion likes this.
  21. Sea Lion

No cabaye or sakho ?

22. passenger

passenger up and down...

No way we're goin down If Swansea had scored at the end, when Llorente missed
    a sitter :facepalm: that was there chance, I am not worried at all :(

p.s Sea Lion you had good win
    must have been a very nervy end.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Sea Lion likes this.
  23. Sea Lion

If Swansea beat Everton your arse will be flapping a bit :D they also have Sunderland (away) and West brom at home who are already on the beach. Could be very tight on the last day :mad:

passenger likes this.
  24. Sea Lion

Like yourselves we don't do it the easy way. I don't think we will go up with the manager we currently have.

passenger likes this.
  25. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

26. passenger

passenger up and down...

27. BigMoaner

BigMoaner Don't kill the lion

28. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

29. Sea Lion

30. Maggot