1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2016/2017

Discussion in 'football' started by ffsear, Jun 15, 2016.

1. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

2. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Garth Crooks just picks mostly players who have scored. His football knowledge is a joke.

He never even picked Palace's best goalie on the day, Townsend.

passenger likes this.
  3. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

4. Maggot

Maggot .

Disappointing result tonight.

I can't go to the Leicester game on 15 April. Anyone want my ticket? £25

hash tag likes this.
  5. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Grief, another long, squeaky bum of a nail biter of a match is beckoning....one nil, very nearly two....where's my gtn spray

6. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

The "top" London opposition falls away... Screenshot_20170410-213048.png

7. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

not even a peep out of those behinds tonight

8. Maggot

Maggot .

We've ended 38 years of hurt. :)

xenon and passenger like this.
  9. The39thStep

The39thStep Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Excellent result that.well done

passenger likes this.
  10. passenger

passenger up and down...

I was there with my £92 season ticket, 12 years of age now for a second time in my life
    we beat the arse, surely arse must go as well ? :)

11. The odds on that were 90/1 with the bookies. I seriously contemplated it. And then didn't do it. :(

Badgers and passenger like this.
  12. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

I had us to win 3-1 @ 35/1..... But i''ll take it

Badgers, passenger and AverageJoe like this.
  13. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Millwall fans gone a bit quiet on this thread :p

SE25, Maggot, Badgers and 1 other person like this.
  14. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Back to the harsh reality; where will we get the extra points that guarantee our safety from? Utd. City, Liverpool or Spurs. My money is on Spurs :D
    Anyway, last season Sunderland survived on 39 points and Newcastle went down on 37. Previously it was 38 and 35, 36 and 33, 39 and 36, 37 and 36.
    So in the last 5 seasons, the greatest number of points scored and being dropped was 37 and the lowest number to survive was 36, so not quite there yet then.

passenger and Badgers like this.
  15. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Premier League relegation battle - how many points do you need to stay up?

(from 2015)

16. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Leicester, Burnley and Hull at home... If we keep this current form.. I'm hoping 6-7 points from those 3 games.

Would love to beat Utd however!

Maggot likes this.
  17. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Feeling very buoyant now. Hard to score against - fighting for results. Don't need a ton of points now to see us safe. Very hopeful.

Was in the Arthur yesterday, in the weird touristy no-mans land around block U. Took one look around me and thought 'fuck this'. So me and my son went up and joined the AWM for the game. Great decision :thumbs:.

passenger likes this.
  18. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

So had you until you won a few games.:DA few weeks back you were all in meltdown and not happy with 'that crook big fat sam' now his shit don't stink because he has turned things around. Very fickle and nigelish behavior as usual.

bromley likes this.
  19. hilairehair

hilairehair Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in this if it's still going?

20. Maggot

Maggot .

Someone else has snapped it up already.

21. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

I was deep in the AWM too! :thumbs:

alsoknownas likes this.
  22. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

I think we're still a lot closer to the drop than people are admitting; if we hadn't beaten Chelsea at the Bridge and thrashed the Arse we'd be equal on points with Swansea and we still got to play Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Tottenham, which are not going to yield many points unless we really have flipped into a parallel universe where Palace are actually by far the greatest team the world has ever seen (although I'm starting to think this is possible)

23. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yep, it could all look very different in a weeks time, even more so in two weeks time, because both Hull and Swansea have 2 winnable games between now and then.

But - a tipping point has been reached. The pressure is very much on Swansea now. They need to get 7 points just to get themselves ahead of where we are now. In addition they need to match all of the points we acquire between now and the end of the season. Getting the 7 points will take them at least 3 games, and they only play a total of 6 more games this season. Their previous 6 matches (including some very winnable ones) have only yielded them 4 points.

Add in that we are playing (for the most part) with fire and resolve, and although our run-in has always looked insane, there are now ample opportunities for points - Europe-distracted Leicester, Hull and Burnley at home. Gaining unexpected points against Chelsea and Arsenal has indeed flipped us into a far more pleasant parallel universe.

I think that only (and it frightens me to even say it...) key injuries can stop us now.

24. agricola

agricola a genuine importer of owls

There is no reason why the Manchester clubs couldn't be turned over like Chelsea were, and the propensity of Tottenham to do Tottenham-like things can always be relied upon. The game against the unpleasantness will be the most difficult because of no Sakho, I would have thought.

passenger likes this.
  25. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Bloody hell! Just seen that Sunderland have not even so much as scored since beating us! :eek:. :D

26. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

27. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

Leicester play champions league (away) tonight. With the 2nd leg on Tuesday, hopefully they may play a weakened side

Badgers and passenger like this.
  28. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Yep. I'm hoping it stays fairly tight tonight.

ffsear and passenger like this.
  29. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

It's not a good omen with Maggot not going today. Interestingly, I see that we go above the foxes with a win today :thumbs:

30. passenger

passenger up and down...

Massive day for us, a win and I think we are safe, the Fox`s do not travel to well
    only away win at wet spam