1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2016/2017

Discussion in 'football' started by ffsear, Jun 15, 2016.

1. SE25

SE25 1 sec lemme chat about road

"if you know your history" applies to our fans as well

I'm not really sure what makes us a manufactured club but better that than a nothing club no one gives a shit about even when the owners are running it into the ground. Sound familiar?

sealion likes this.
  2. sealion

sealion If you can't dance just nod your head

I put a suit on when i post here :D

imposs1904, co-op and passenger like this.
  3. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

I wear a dickie bow and drink Pimms

sealion and passenger like this.
  4. sealion

My old man took my mum to Millwall when she was 7 months pregnant with me :D
    I started going regular in the 70s from the age of 8 .After forty year and a couple of prison sentences later i am still a season ticket holder.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    hash tag, bromley and BCBlues like this.
  5. sealion

I hope you put some clothes on as well mate :D

passenger and BCBlues like this.
  6. sealion

Fixed for you.

bromley and co-op like this.
  7. BCBlues

Yeah lol no one would enter a Palace thread naked would they. ..would they :eek:

8. sealion

A small number of them went in and had a go against hundreds. Hats off to them for having the bollocks and getting stuck in.

passenger likes this.
  9. BCBlues

I think it was your posts about Cardiff City years ago that got me into Urban Ed. I could see your point, my club changed massively when Roman arrived and despite all the success that he has bought it just ain't the same. It's gone full circle for me where I used to stand outside Redifusion TV shop at twenty to 5 to see how Chelsea got on to now sitting on me bed watching Final Score. I can't let them go but like I say Roman seems a bit more interested in football than that prick Tan.

Maggot and sealion like this.
  10. sealion

Don't :mad:

11. BCBlues

pmsl. We're playing them tomo so I need to get that image out of my head before kick off

sealion likes this.
  12. sealion

A potential banana skin for chelsea after the international games.

13. BCBlues

Nah we'll piss em ;)

14. sealion

A flukey 1-0 to palace i reckon.

15. passenger

passenger up and down...

Hand taken off 9-1 was 12`s you never know :( that`s the win.

16. sealion

If palace lose you can blame yourself for jinxing them :)

17. passenger

passenger up and down...

lol im jinxed then

sealion likes this.
  18. passenger

passenger up and down...

But I do have Nimr in the 14.25 at Doncaster

19. co-op

co-op Free the rhubarb crumble!

Still at 12s on Betfred this morning, got to be worth....er....not more than a fiver we will lose.

Chelsea :mad:

20. co-op

Just remembered another really obvious reason why I hate Chjelsea - it's generational. They won the FA Cup in 1971 when I was 8 - and everyone loved them because they beat the evil Leeds team of Don Revie. So all the 8 year olds of south and west London who didn't have a team suddenly became Chelsea. And then over the years all these blokes who weren't really into football, didn't play the game and didn't go to matches (this was before football was all acceptable and trendy) - they stayed as Chelsea fans. Being half brought up in south London, half in west, I was surrounded by them and it just became a rule of life that if you met someone who really knew fuck all about football they'd be a Blue (if they weren't Man U or worse).

It's unfair on the rest of them who actually were going to the games and did have some actual knowledge but the idiot-count among Chelsea was higher than anyone else - and that's not just me being bitchy. If you met a Fulham fan, or Millwall, or any of the smaller clubs in the 70s or 80s you could pretty much guarantee they had some exposure to actual football and knew something about their club. So when BC Blues was talking about the grey-haired geezers chuckling about the old days, some of them really knew squat and are basically up at the Bridge because a load of early 70s journalists thought Peter Osgood had a cooler haircut than Billy Bremner not because they were spent their childhood and teens on the terraces. I've probably been up the old Shed more often than quite a few of them.

OK slag off over. Enjoy the game you bastards :mad:

BCBlues and sealion like this.
  21. co-op

There's a little-remembered Peter sellers film called the Optimist of Nine Elms made in 1973, I went to see it at some film festival at the NFT and I was a bit transported back to 70s London. But it's also got some great background footage of Chelsea

22. bromley

bromley ...isn't as good as Lewisham.

Gent fans

Fan's in Moscow create a Charlton football club.
    #cafcmow (@charltonmow) • Instagram photos and videos

But yes, no one cares about a club who don't change their badge, their colours, their nickname and manufacturers a rivalry with a team 50 miles away. Can you provide something similar on the palace side?

23. co-op

Bless you Bromley, you do your best, but if you're going to use a line like "if you know your history" it'd be better for you if you did :facepalm:

Your famous Olde Club Crest is all of 10 years older than ours, dating waaay back into the 1960s and before that you changed badge about every 10 or 15 years. I had to look this up but I already knew it'd almost certainly be true, just about every club has done this.

If You Know Your ‘istory: The Origins of Charlton Athletic’s Badge

Also a nice bit of detail in there about whether you are the Robins, the Addicks or the Valiants too. I think Palace have only changed their nickname once; does that make us a better club? Nope (except by your logic of course).

As for foreign supporters, yeah right Palace are the only English club that doesn't have any :facepalm::facepalm:

sealion likes this.
  24. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

Lucky to have survived! Noades, Goldberg and that messed up relationship with Venables, then Jordan...Part of our saving grace was renting out our ground, which other people owned to the likes of Wimbledon and Charlton.

Re: above, Big Mal changed colours, nickname, crest and manufacturers, even who used the shared bath! About the only thing he didnt change was the ground!

[​IMG]

passenger likes this.
  25. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

:D That's actually the single most pathetic thing you've ever posted. And that takes some doing believe me :facepalm:.

sealion and co-op like this.
  26. co-op

:D

WE GOT A TWEET FROM A GENT FAN! WE'RE FUCKING HUUUUGE! SUCK THAT UP PALACE!

27. hash tag

hash tag Pedicabo omnes

"Sam Allardyce could become the first manager to win a Premier League match against Chelsea with four different clubs." :thumbs:

co-op likes this.
  28. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

They look scared and confused - like they're being coerced :eek: :D.

sealion likes this.
  29. Maggot

Maggot .

I'm gonna have to take Bromley off Ignore to see what all the fuss is about!

passenger and sealion like this.
  30. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Probably not worth it to be honest.

co-op and Maggot like this.