1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crystal Palace 2016/2017

Discussion in 'football' started by ffsear, Jun 15, 2016.

1. passenger

passenger up and down...

Golden rule of graffiti art do not let your spray drip :rolleyes:

2. BCBlues

BCBlues Lend us a Twenner

Looks like he started writing CFC then remembered he was a Palace fan.
    His smaller mate meantime is an Everton fan but had to do a runner before he could finish.

ffsear, bromley and passenger like this.
  3. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

:facepalm: can only laugh really. what a dumbass

4. passenger

passenger up and down...

:p Alls good in the hood fantastic result played very well, I Am one happy little urbanite

Maggot likes this.
  5. Maggot

Maggot .

Glad all over!

passenger likes this.
  6. hash tag

hash tag sickness. now light

Fare I ask, have we turned the corner?

7. passenger

passenger up and down...

I think its a case of let us enjoy the win and what joy it brings our weekend.

8. hash tag

9. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Still lots of work to do.

10. hash tag

It's work in progress, there will always be lots of work to do.

11. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

It's our fixture schedule that's now the biggest challenge. We could play very well between now and the end of the season and still drop points against Arsenal, Liverpool, City, United, etc. Very few opportunities to acquire points now.

Very pleased with the upturn though. Cracking signings.

12. hash tag

[​IMG]

Great tackle

13. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

[​IMG] lol

BCBlues and passenger like this.
  14. passenger

passenger up and down...

I can see from the run in we play the top six home and away if we do the job
    to our best we can I recon we could get 10 /12 points this includes losing to all top 6 teams
    so we should end up on 35/37 points

15. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Thing is - no room for error. A refereeing decision, a red card, etc. could decide things here or there. Gonna be nervy.

16. hash tag

Do you not think these things even themselves out over a season? Also, I think we make our own luck, which comes better when things are going well.
    I am not one for thinking that even a match rests on one iffy decision yet alone our fate for the next few years.

17. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

No, I don't believe the 'even things out over a season' thing at all. All I'm saying is that things are very much still on a tightrope. One unexpected loss from here on in would probably be enough to topple us.

18. Maggot

Maggot .

Remember what happened in 1993.

19. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

To further illustrate - we play the top six teams in the table between now and the end of the season. Of the remaining (other) five games, only three are at home. Slim pickings.

20. hash tag

2 back to back wins, we are on a roll!
    1993, that was then, that is history, look forward, be positive.

21. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

That's when we start thinking about the 4 points Benteke cost us buy missing penalties.

22. ffsear

ffsear Well-Known Member

We,re gonna stay up on goal difference I bet

23. hash tag

Even if a penalty is missed, there are still in the region of 90 minutes and 11 players and subs who could all make a difference.
    " we are too good to go down" :confused:
    "We don't deserve to go down" :confused:

24. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

I do feel very positive about things. The four signings have given the team the balance it's been missing for ages now. We are definitely on a roll, and are a totally different proposition to play now. Just tempering the optimism with a bit of reality though. We've left our resurgence very late, and there is not much room for errors or bad luck!

passenger and Maggot like this.
  25. passenger

passenger up and down...

This will never leave my head if we go down hash tag :D just pleased we don`t
    have to play the Spurs this weekend, so we our straight on to Watford at home the following weekend thats got to be 3 points of the 10 /12 I think we might get.

hash tag likes this.
  26. passenger

passenger up and down...

I found this game on the BT sports box sets today, not easy to find but it`s there under classics, it is in black and white , it explains why he is wearing the trainers and shows this picture being taken :)

27. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Alarm bells ringing now, for sure. When Leicester were imploding, and Bournemouth were gently floating down the table towards us, I could see targets for us to latch onto. Now take a look at the teams competing for the relegation spots:

Bournemouth - they've been terrible lately, but the win today means that they will most likely be fine.

Leicester - won their last two games, managerial bounce - will get points between now and end of the season.

Swansea - won 4 out of their last 7 games - should get plenty of points.

Hull - 8 points from their last 6 games - will also get points before the end.

Forget about Boro and Sunderland - we must keep ahead of them regardless - it's the other spot I'm worried about. Who is going to fill it if not us? If the fixture list was the same for everyone I'd be confident as we are playing well. But it's impossible for us to amass many (if indeed any) points against Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), City (A), United (A).

We're gonna have to have a pretty much perfect end to the season now I reckon.

passenger likes this.
  28. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

One bright spark that I've only just cottoned on to though - the fact that the bottom clubs all play relegation rivals in their run-ins does give them easier games, but it also means they'll be stealing points from each other in the process.

passenger likes this.
  29. alsoknownas

alsoknownas some bloke

Woke up to 'Palace midfielder suffers injury setback' headline :(.

Was Jordan Mutch :facepalm:. Panic over.

passenger likes this.
  30. Maggot

Maggot .

31. SE25

SE25 1 sec lemme chat about road

Sakho and Luka have added so much to the team already, they just clean up. I think both have cult hero potential already. Hopefully if we stay up the dippers will let us have Sakho and we get it done before other teams have a go. As for staying up, it's amazing what two wins, clean sheets and good performances will do to change the mood though the weekend's results are a pain in the arse. As long as the team keep the effort up and stay defensively solid I think we have enough to get the 4 wins or whatever. Nice to see Townsend giving everything now after what he served up before Feb, will go a long way with the fans. hopefully this warm weather training camp in Morocco does what Sam says it did for his teams in the past as well, let's face it a week there has to lift the team more than staying in London. Speaking of Sam, I know the fans are divided on him and he didn't start well but he's growing on me. Think bullshit free, defensive managers suit the club tbh and it's not like the football has been that bad, we still take the game to most teams.

Watford next and you've got to go for the win there. Keep fatty Deeney quiet and we'll see...

passenger likes this.