1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Croydon, the verb?

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by brogdale, Jan 25, 2014.

1. MellySingsDoom

MellySingsDoom Decimated by the shrapnel of his rhetoric

I lived in Croydon on and off from my birth until I was 22. The last time I went back was about 5 years ago - had a nice time there but certainly a lot had changed over the years since I'd left. Talking of architecture, I'm still a fan of the NLA Tower (is it still called that?), though have to admit I've never really liked the look of the current East Croydon Station - always preferred the previous brick-built station incarnation myself from way back when. Sad to see all the record shops I loved have gone, though. :( Surrey Street Market is still there of course, and the trams are actually rather handy, I think. Remember New Addington well too (both Mum and Dad Melly were born and raised there).

As for "Croydonise" - that sounds bloody horrible! Typical Sevenoaks middle classers, eh? :mad:

Dan U likes this.
  2. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

I drank my first Cronx in nye. Found some bottles in a local offie down here. Was nice. Name is a bit cringey, it is definitely playing on the Bronx thing.

3. Belushi

Belushi 01 811 8055 R.I.P.

I'd much rather life in Croydon than fucking Sevenoaks.

MellySingsDoom likes this.
  4. brogdale

brogdale Coming to terms with late onset Anarchism

Oh yeah, the beer's pretty good IMHO.

I first came across it at the 'beer festival" in the foyer at the Fairfield before the Bellowhead gig last year. Had a few.:D

Dan U likes this.
  5. brogdale

Agreed....but they do have a very good Oxfam bookshop.

6. brogdale

Talking of 'croydonising'....in order to re-croydonise croydon's CBD, to create 'Westfield South', it's looking like Westfield & Hammerson will be closing the Whitgift centre for 3 years. All cheered on by the owners of the land (the shitgift foundation) and Croydon Centrale MP Gavin Barwell.

Calling the 'Eye's' "Rotten Boroughs".:rolleyes:

7. brogdale

Inside Croydon reports on it's tragic state, 10 years on.

Dan U likes this.
  8. Dan U

Dan U Boompty

9. brogdale

Living in a tower block on a roundabout island; what's not to like? At least in Royston Vasey it was only the animals of the roundabout zoo that had to put up with the noise & fumes!

Dan U likes this.
  10. brogdale

As opposed to this modernist gem...

11. Captain Christy

Captain Christy Active Member

At last it gave us the Croydon facelift