Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by strung out, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

A group of families and friends of young people lost to knife crime have started an awareness campaign in Croydon with blue ribbons tied to fences, trees and sign posts. Look out for them.

Also, if you’re willing to put up a few blue ribbons go to the Stop Knife Crime Facebook page and they’ll give you some.

The South Norwood Woodcraft Folk put some up at South Norwood Lake the other day.

Poi E likes this.
  2. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

Whats this latest eye of sauron tower going up in Croydon? You can see it from Bromley ffs

Guineveretoo likes this.
  3. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

4. Guineveretoo

I think you mean the "tall, tall tower with the crane on top", as my granddaughter calls it

ska invita likes this.
  5. Guineveretoo

It is the hotel opposite the Whitgift Centre. How odd - it sounds like it is a huge festival with lots of stages across a wide area, but that is just the corner of a hotel on that busy road you can't cross except by going in the subway.

Maggot likes this.
  6. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

i did google that but nothing came up

Maggot, Callie and Guineveretoo like this.
  7. Rutita1

Rutita1 Scum with no integrity, apparently.

upload_2019-4-5_10-43-30.png

8. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

I'm sad I wasn't asked to play. The only band I'm interested in is the lovely eggs, so I shall not be bothering.

9. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

Yeah I had a look at ticket prices as they were playing, but the bill as a whole didn't feel worth it for the price. I might have gone if I'd got an earlybird ticket.

10. Guineveretoo

Not sure why you pointed that out to me? It implies that it is a huge venue with room for several stages, but it is just a corner of a hotel... which is what I said... :hmm:

hash tag likes this.
  11. Maggot

Maggot The Cake of Liberty

Being part of a hotel doesn't sound very cool and creative to me.

12. Leafster

Leafster From the FRow

I'm pretty sure I've been to accountancy seminars there so I can assure you it's anything but cool.

oryx, Guineveretoo and Maggot like this.
  13. oryx

oryx Sitting on the bock of the day

When I worked in Croydon we sometimes used to go for Friday team lunches at The Lansdowne's somewhat canteen-like dining room. It had a pretty good baked potato waggon IIRC. :D

Yup, it's the last place I can imagine being cool and creative, but good luck to them!

Guineveretoo likes this.
  14. ATOMIC SUPLEX

ATOMIC SUPLEX Member Since: 1985 Post Count: 3

What price are they now? When I looked they were about £18. I wasn't keen on paying that for the eggs, but if there had been two decent bands and I wasn't packing for a holiday. . . Maybe.

15. colacubes

colacubes Well-Known Member

I think it was about £24 when I saw it advertised during the week (although it may well have ended up a few quid more after booming fees nonsense). I think early bird were £16 but were sold out.