Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Guineveretoo

Mostly bewildered
It is surprising how much of Croydon is rural, or rural looking, once you wander around it. There is even a windmill. Shirley Windmill

And there are lots of woods, and lakes and all sorts of things that people don't associate with Croydon :)

D'wards

I'm an excellent driver
It is surprising how much of Croydon is rural, or rural looking, once you wander around it. There is even a windmill. Shirley Windmill

And there are lots of woods, and lakes and all sorts of things that people don't associate with Croydon :)
I live near east croydon, and can walk in a loop for 12 miles mostly through woods and parks, with the occasional walk along the road.

Guineveretoo

Mostly bewildered

Hoss

...It was the blurst of times...
I have driven past it hundreds of times and never noticed it, just wondered if anyone else had.

Looks like it should be in the countryside, and it's called Addiscombe Farm.
I used to deliver their papers! It's a beautiful house.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Guineveretoo

Mostly bewildered
Not exactly a looker

To be fair, this is currently a manky old car park right next to the flyover. They're not going to be able to put anything terribly pretty there. And at least it is housing. Hopefully, social housing - I am fed up with all the developments around here which are for private, expensive housing!

editor

hiraethified
To be fair, this is currently a manky old car park right next to the flyover. They're not going to be able to put anything terribly pretty there. And at least it is housing. Hopefully, social housing - I am fed up with all the developments around here which are for private, expensive housing!
There's no social housing in there at all, but 50% (guffaw) "affordable."

Callie

Pivoting
More filming in the televisual mecca that is Croydon.

This time (according to the blokes rigging lights in the Surrey Street multi storey) a slightly less glamorous advert for BT. Presumably around some market stalls as some still set up late on.
Seen this on TV a few times now, blue monday!

Dan U

Boompty
More moped thievery in Croydon - this time masked men attacking a family in a car!

Croydon moped robbers target family in stationary car Family in stationary car moped robbery
this is a fucking shocker, just terrifying given where and when it happened. someone has been nicked though, I think

Cyclist launches road rage knife attack after car almost hits him

re: those Brick by Brick flats, I used to use that car park till I moved the Q Park on Surrey Street, it's only £4.50 a day if you can manage to blag one of their discounted passes.

Poi E

I hope it doesn't. I love standing on the corner near there and doing a sweep of buildings from the college to the 80's brutalist police station to the lovely deco building on the corner and the old Nestle tower. Fucking keep everything. Best jumble of civic bits and pieces in London as the rest of it gets turned to steel and glass.

Dan U

Boompty
Filming down in Surrey Street again, they were building a market at the top of the street, possibly with some of the usual stall holders but clearly for the purposes of filming

ATOMIC SUPLEX

I went to the board game cafe yesterday with my grandson yesterday and thought it was brilliant. I want to go again, with adults and alcohol.

I think we should do an urban meet there.
Bah, what time? My daughter and I really wanted to go but we would have only been able to stay for an hour (dentist appointment).
I'm quite keen.
I don't want it to disappear before I get a chance to go (like the retro games arcade in the whitgift)

Guineveretoo

Mostly bewildered
Bah, what time? My daughter and I really wanted to go but we would have only been able to stay for an hour (dentist appointment).
I'm quite keen.
I don't want it to disappear before I get a chance to go (like the retro games arcade in the whitgift)
If you go on Monday to Friday before 5, it’s only £1.50 each (I think that’s what it was) for a couple of hours.

We got there at 5, and had to pay £3 each, but we stayed for nearly two hours and could have stayed longer.

They don’t have a kids menu, but my grandson had a small pizza and enjoyed it.