1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Croydon - nightlife, accommodation, things to do and general chat

Discussion in 'London and the South East' started by strung out, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Leafster

Leafster Nurturing green fingers

I can't seem to watch it on my PC but I had a look on my phone. There's not much to go on but some of the houses and the view across the valley (at a couple of points) look a bit like Forestdale to me. I may be totally wrong though!

Maggot likes this.
  2. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Log Lady

My friend wanted to see this so we took a picnic. Perfect weather for a picnic in Croydon! :-p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  3. Guineveretoo

Guineveretoo Mostly bewildered

That's the sensible garden. :)

Near Norwood Junction.

AuntiStella likes this.
  4. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Log Lady

Yes. My friend is a huge Damned and Captain Sensible fan.

Miss-Shelf and Guineveretoo like this.
  5. Guineveretoo

Shame she didn't get to the official opening then. :)

6. AuntiStella

AuntiStella Log Lady

I remember we tried. Can't remember why we couldn't get there now.

Guineveretoo likes this.
  7. Maggot

Maggot .

I was out working in New Addington today, and apart from all the canvassers, I saw both Gavin Barwell and Sarah jones out campaigning. I shouted good luck to Sarah Jones and she thanked me. :)

8. Maggot

Maggot .

Also I think I persuaded my colleague, who lives in Croydon, to vote Labour.

9. Maggot

Maggot .

10. Guineveretoo

Yeah, and then he's appointed as a key aide. Chief of staff or something? I assume he's replacing one of those people who resigned.

11. Maggot

Maggot .

MadeInBedlam likes this.
  12. MadeInBedlam

MadeInBedlam 'He bloody well thinks he's staff!'

13. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Friend of the one trick pony

14. Maggot

Maggot .

I'll book tickets for us :cool:

Miss-Shelf likes this.
  15. Miss-Shelf

Miss-Shelf Friend of the one trick pony

thanks

Maggot likes this.
  16. GarveyLives

GarveyLives Well-Known Member

Wallace was due to stand trial at the Old Bailey on 17 July 2017 but the Crown Prosecution Service offered no evidence during a short hearing on 12 July 2017 and he was formally found not guilty.

The court heard a key witness, Wallace's former partner, Florence Roche, had retracted her statement claiming that Wallace had confessed to his involvement in the murder and asked her to wash his tracksuit because 'there was a boy's brains on it'.

Prosecutor Duncan Atkinson also said that while CCTV and phone evidence placed Wallace “in the vicinity” of Eastney Road at the time of the killing, but there were other suspects who could not be eliminated.

He added: “The Crown has concluded that that combination of factors means there is no longer a realistic prospect of conviction.'

Prosecutors had claimed that Wallace attacked Mr Moore and the other man after they “slighted” him during a violent altercation three days earlier.
    Mr Moore’s aunt Yvette Hinchley, 51, told a regional newspaper “We as a family are devastated and we don’t know what to do now. We are desperate to find the killer and get him behind bars.

“Akeem’s children are still very young. They don’t understand what happened and keep asking questions about him.

“They think their father is playing football up in heaven and all they want to do is go and play with him up there too.
    “We need to get answers for them.”

[​IMG]

The incident room at Sutton can be contacted on 020 8721 4205. To remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.