Croatia vs England - (SF) - 19:00 - 11/07/2018

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018' started by strung out, Jul 11, 2018.

1. keybored

keybored #NeverUseTheInternetAgain

I have reported this veiled threat. Have a word with yourself you thug.

sealion likes this.
  2. Humberto

Humberto the same thing we do every night

its the most boring, dreadful part about football all this.

hot air baboon likes this.
  3. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

I disagree. Germany and Argentina are far more talented than Colombia, that it went wrong for them along the way doesnt change that.

Favelado likes this.
  4. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Threat to who?? :confused:

What I meant was a partner/house mate, Croation or innocent member of the public by containing the abuse and anger here

No threat from me so your report is pathetic and laughable

5. Favelado

Favelado Half to the Tower, please.

Well done to Croatia. Just 4 million people but have achieved more than some small nations will in the next 100 years. Incredible.

6. xenon

xenon A move in any direction

Yeah, pretty much. This is the most positive England exit I can remember. This of young team. Played better football than I can remember at a World Cup recently.

7. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

What does this mean ? who is this aimed at ? Posters here or England fans in general ?

8. bendeus

bendeus Bellend Tagline Generator

Fair dos. I take it all back.

Fez909 likes this.
  9. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Germany were awful and Argentina were all over the place. Colombia were packed with attacking talent, although James being injured helped England a lot (as Cavani being injured helped France, tbf).

sealion likes this.
  10. Favelado

I agree with you. Tonight was a 50/50 game and England could have even made it to the final, but we should be grateful it even got this far. England are likeable, have played pretty well but imagine what France would have done to us in the final. We're not good enough to win it. It was a good run, and we've been a team well worth rooting for.

A380, Plumdaff, Kaka Tim and 8 others like this.
  11. sealion

sealion Well-Known Member

:facepalm:

12. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

more like a 66.66666666666% to 33.333333333% game to be correct :D

13. 8ball

8ball Resident Right-Winger

It's nice to think that a lot of people around the World might have been thinking: "The English: a great bunch of lads". :cool:

A380 likes this.
  14. keybored

:D

What's a Croation anyway? Aren't you the guy who always leaps on people who misspell Colombia?

sealion and pocketscience like this.
  15. Favelado

Yeah. Uruguay and Croatia keep doing well don't they? Why are Wales so shit?

16. xenon

xenon A move in any direction

Oh shurrup.

17. Wilf

Wilf Dances like a Christian

I really doubt you are managing to upset anyone with this performance - your aim presumably. You are just looking like a right div.

sealion likes this.
  18. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Is it not a valid term or spelling? :confused:
    Sorry if wrong, I can admit when i'm wrong at least!

19. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Was it not 2 goals to 1?

20. bendeus

3 million population, chronic underfunding of the game at every level and direct competition in the (relatively small) population centres with rugby for the finest athletes. HTH :)

A380 and xenon like this.
  21. keybored

Yes, you're very gracious.

22. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

Apologies then, how did I word/spell it wrong? thanks

23. Favelado

Wales will never ever even get to a semi-final of a World Cup even though countries with small populations regularly do. You'd have to be really, really shit for that to be the case. You'd end up sad, bitter, twisted and obsessed by your bigger closer neighbour, having to live your dreams out via some kind of negative proxy when they lose.

sealion likes this.
  24. keybored

There are 4 million people you need to direct your apology to. I am not one of them.

25. Favelado

Uruguay. Population of 3.5 million. Not dripping with cash. Rugby also popular there. You haven't helped so don't be happy.

26. ska invita

ska invita back on the other side

anyway, im out, its been a great comp, good fun, some great matches and seemingly no violence off pitch in Russia :hmm:.
    Euro 2020 look fun, being held in 12 different countries.

Good luck to Hrvatska in the final!! They'll need it

krtek a houby and Favelado like this.
  27. bendeus

Though we did get to the semi final of a European Championship, which given our size and resources was a hell of a fucking achievement. We were well beaten by a better side too, if that helps.

28. ddraig

ddraig dros ben llestri

I've said numerous times that Wales aren't good enough, where's the bitterness?
    Not sad or obsessed, loving the result tonight, quite happy, you're wrong on all counts

29. littlebabyjesus

littlebabyjesus one of Maxwell's demons

Rugby exists in Uruguay. Stretch to call it popular.

bendeus likes this.
  30. bendeus

See above post. Haven’t seen Uruguay in an elite international semi final recently and I very much doubt that rugby has such a pull on a limited pool of talent. I’ll stay happy if that’s ok with you, perhaps more so now I’ve clocked how pissed off you are :)