Cricket Season 2018

Discussion in 'general sports' started by Mumbles274, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Mumbles274

Mumbles274 running from law and the press and the parents

Pretty sure a few of you play the wonderful sport we call Cricket. I play in regional and village leagues for a local team and we had our first friendly on Saturday. We lost.. Heavily!

I got one wicket with an absolute dog of a ball that the batsman charged at, missed and got stumped!!

Bowled out for a duck with a Jaffa that started on leg and swung to hit top of off (im left handed bat).. Would have been out 9 times out of 10 to be honest!

Also took a nice catch at deep sqaure leg.

Fancy a thread of cricket tales this year? Whether stats, results, action or even how good the tea was!

PSX_20180421_192712.jpg

Casual Observer and Signal 11 like this.
  2. Mumbles274

First league match cancelled due to rain :(

3. Spymaster

Spymaster Cockney Wanker

C52D4EB3-2B45-48F6-9F28-CF524366BF71.jpeg

We’re playing but it’s been cold, dark and pretty miserable in the field. We had them 80 for 8 at 25 overs but they finished 175 all out. I’ve done my bit (2/26). Hopefully I won’t have to bat so I can spend the rest of the afternoon drinking tea and watching the IPL in the clubhouse.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    Mumbles274 likes this.
  4. Mumbles274

First league march of the year after abandoned match last week. Went to the final ball of the match. Chasing 140, we were on 139, last man was bowled. I got 7 runs batting 7 and took a catch to take the final wicket of their innings. They do the best tea ever!! Worth turning up just for that.

Highlight for me was in response to all the chat about 'he won't punch it through mid on'.. then i did i and ran through for one and muttered to the bowler.. "thought i wouldn't hit it there mate!?"

DSC_1631.JPG

5. Mumbles274

Cracking match today!! We didn't bat too well. 149 from 39.Something overs. But they thought they had won from the off..they got to about 50 or so pretty quickly but then wickets started to fall. We took all our catches, i got a sharp one in front of square on the leg side and we bowled them out to win by 12 runs. They started to get lippy too, cheering every run at the end.. But we kept out heads up and saw it home.

DSC_1718.JPG