Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

crazy prices of 2nd hand pc components, redux

Saul Goodman

It's all good, man
Banned
I was quite interested in the first post which seems to have been deleted too :)

two sheds

Least noticed poster 2007
yes ta - I noticed the double thread after the double post in the original thread.

He's got a fair point though about pricing of 2nd hand stuff surely?

Saul Goodman

It's all good, man
Banned
yes ta - I noticed the double post after the double post in the original thread.

He's got a fair point though about pricing of 2nd hand stuff surely?
Ebay has always been ridiculous, though. A lot of people base their price on a recently sold item that a few idiots got auction fever over. There are still decent bargains to be had but rarely at buy it now prices.

two sheds

Least noticed poster 2007
True but I'm not sure that the "there are very few on the market so it's supply and demand economics" argument from the other thread works though, there are very few of my turds on the market but that's not driven the price up yet. :(

Saul Goodman

It's all good, man
Banned
True but I'm not sure that the "there are very few on the market so it's supply and demand economics" argument from the other thread works though, there are very few of my turds on the market but that's not driven the price up yet. :(
I'm hardly going to replace the failed hdd in my pc with one of your turds, though.
And I have my own turds, which are much better.

UnderAnOpenSky

baseline neural therapy
On the flip side I got a very capable i5 desktop refurb from Amazon for just over a 100 quid last year. With something like a 1050ti it would be a fairly decent gaming machine.