Craftivism

Discussion in 'protest, direct action and demos' started by Father Earl, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Father Earl

Father Earl New Member

Do you engage in any sort of "domestic arts/political" activity? If so, what have you done? If not, what do you think of the idea? I've been told it's meaningless and ridiculous, though I don't agree.

On a related note, it's World Wide Knit in Public Day on 9 June this year.

Philo likes this.
  2. Philo

Philo New Member

Now this site is letting me post! I suppose putting a PVC cover on a book by Enoch Powell about why we should leave the Common Market (aka the 'EU') doesn't really count. Either as 'bookbinding' or 'political activity'. I did think of making one or two panels for a memorial quilt, for people who weren't quite dead yet but who should be. But that might be rather disrespectful of the whole project and a bad idea. Perhaps there is some charitable concern that would appreciate something to do with 'crafts'. I may donate my latest bookbinding project to a charity bookshop when I have finished. The Red Cross bookshop maybe. It is a huge volume of 'Josephus' published in 1860 with a leather spine. Salvaged from a market puddle and purchased for 50p. It might be a bit beyond my help though.

Father Earl likes this.